Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What did you do WITH your tractor today? ie: plowing, hauling, tilling, etc.

• Please log in to reply
3084 replies to this topic

#916 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted March 13, 2011 - 06:13 PM

Finally have something to report. Bought this place in December and the previous owner had left the grass about 8 inches deep. I got the Murray Yard King 22hp 52" mower out and mowed abot a third of my yard before I ran out of gas. I'll get more gas tomorrow and finish the pre spring clean up this week.

#917 MAV OFFLINE  

MAV

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 487
  • 108 Thanks
  • 215 posts

Posted March 13, 2011 - 08:39 PM

Used the 316 to do a little spring clean up. Lots of branches to clean up form the ice storm we had this winter.

JD 316 Spring Cleanup.jpg

#918 fordmustang1984 OFFLINE  

fordmustang1984

Tractorholic

• Member No: 27
  • 23 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted March 13, 2011 - 08:58 PM

Today I finally got to see what my simplicity could do. We had a bunch of branches the had fallen by the driveway all tangled in vines. I got all the butts pulled together and chained tight. Then i backed the tractor up with my tow boom on and a cinder block on the boom for weight since I have no wheel weights for this tractor. Once the chained was hitched to the boom, I start forward in first and it promptly starts s rearing up like a horse. To rectify this I sat backwards on the hood and keep it down. This worked well until it was time to turn. Then I had to lean farther off the front to get the wheels to grip. Once clear of the driveway, I switched to 3rd and the tractor reared up and took off across the yard with me keeping it on the ground. When I finally turned into the log yard, it reared up too far and unhooked the boom and took off across the yard with out me! I run after it, and leap into the seat like on a horse and bring it back around to finish parking the logs. During that part, my sister and her friend were watching from a nearby tree, and commented on how awesome it had looked. The little thing pulled through, but might need a new driveshaft disc since the old ones worn enough to throw it off center.

Yesterday, I used the same tractor to pull a van out of the weeds. Then I used smokey to push it up on the trailer.

#919 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,280 Thanks
  • 28,615 posts

Posted March 13, 2011 - 10:33 PM

Nice, my yard looks like what you need a skid steer for. LOL

Well phrased... I had to get an old carpet remnant to lay in the yard where we walked. Redneckcity, but at least we aren't sinking in past our ankles.

#920 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted March 14, 2011 - 12:42 PM

Didn't get to post yesterday, was too wore out from Yard work. I trimmed trees and shrubs, Wife pulled weeds in flower bed, with the help of my two girls. My oldest girl (almost 13) decided that we needed to use a GT to clean up with. She and her almost 11yr.old sister went to the shed and came back with 2 tractors. It seems there was some issue of who was going to be the operator, so they each had to have 1. Needless to say, they about killed me trying to keep up with both of them hauling and dragging stuff to the burn pile.

0313111459a.jpg

Somehow I didn't get any pictures of them actually pulling or hauling, but maybe next time.

Attached Thumbnails

• downsized_0313111459.jpg
  • 0313111459b.jpg
  • downsized_0313111458.jpg

#921 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted March 14, 2011 - 01:35 PM

Brian the girls could find worse things to disagree on and neat to see how they resolved the issue. Great to have them helping,even if it does wear you out!
  • Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#922 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted March 14, 2011 - 03:34 PM

Yes, it is ,very nice to have them helping mom and dad gets things cleaned up for summer, they don't have a choise. Bailey, the almost 11 as she tells it, really thought she was something, driving and working the JD. Briley, my almost 13" almost teenager she likes to remind me of", has been driving, mowing, and hauling for a couple years how. She is now the "Instructor" as she puts it, for her little sister. The funny part is that the youngest had a lot fewer problems then her older sister, LOL.. Briley, almost 13, helps me in the garage working on tractors, much to her mom's disapproval, when she sees grease under her nails, LOL. I just smile silently to myself.

#923 matts OFFLINE  

matts

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2175
  • 48 Thanks
  • 166 posts

Posted March 14, 2011 - 04:54 PM

Well I got all 3 gardens in yesterday. Today I got the grass cut. Brian them are good looking tractors.
  • Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#924 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,628 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted March 14, 2011 - 05:08 PM

Did nothing with the GT's...raining AGAIN! Not looking good for plow day this coming Saturday. : (

#925 Reverend Blair OFFLINE  

Reverend Blair

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1659
  • 501 Thanks
  • 952 posts

Posted March 14, 2011 - 05:16 PM

Well I didn't have to, but I fired up the 420 and moved some snow that didn't need to be moved.

#926 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted March 15, 2011 - 03:17 PM

Finished mowing my yard( The 8 inches of dry growth the previous owner left last fall) so now as soon as spring rains start it should green up.
2 more hours on the Yard King. Not brave enough to take the snow blower off the 318 till the first of April.

#927 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,395 posts

Posted March 17, 2011 - 04:55 PM

Cranked up the 71-110, started right off, after setting in the shed all winter. Got out the #10 cart, so the wife could clean flower beds. ~~ grnspot

Attached Thumbnails

• HPIM1989 - Copy.JPG

#928 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,681 Thanks
  • 17,202 posts

Posted March 17, 2011 - 05:57 PM

Today I Picked up some twigs with the 600.
Then put the snow caster away

Pics in the Bolens Forum

#929 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted March 17, 2011 - 06:58 PM

Continued working on the driveway today. I used the 314 with the dozer blade to grade some of it after removing the built up sod from the middle. I'm about 1/2 way done now...oh, and I cleaned up the mess I made the other day playing in the mud LOL!

#930 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,280 Thanks
  • 28,615 posts

Posted March 17, 2011 - 08:13 PM

The only thing I did on my tractor was take my 1 yr old on a 10 minute tractor ride. We both really enjoyed ourselves. She wanted to play with every knob on the SS12 after we got done.