Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What did you do WITH your tractor today? ie: plowing, hauling, tilling, etc.

• Please log in to reply
3087 replies to this topic

#886 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 03, 2011 - 08:16 PM

I gotta start posting updates LOL. It has been a couple days now but I tore the belts off the Massey 1655 and also undid some of the crappy wiring that the previous owner had done. I need to take the suction line off and clean it up and figure out why it is leaking. Also got new belts and a tranny filter to put on. Hopefully get to do that this weekend.

Daniel I love that 1010 :D

#887 dstaggs OFFLINE  

dstaggs

In Remembrance, RIP Dale

• RIP
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 228
  • 553 Thanks
  • 1,781 posts

Posted March 03, 2011 - 10:20 PM

Plowed the garden again today just for the fun of it and now ready to plant the spring plants tomorrow.

#888 JoshBrown OFFLINE  

JoshBrown

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 1978
  • 20 Thanks
  • 277 posts

Posted March 05, 2011 - 01:07 AM

Plowed the garden with the loaded tires and wheel weights. Did pretty good. Was having some hyd issues. Hopefully got them taken care of.

#889 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted March 05, 2011 - 06:52 AM

plowed one of the garden areas yesterday with the 1855. Fnally made some mods to my plow and now she buries herself up to the beam. The 1855 never skip a beat until i hit some roots. I plowed North to south until i got close to the tree then I had to go South To north starting on the outside and working my way back to the middle As I was geting down to the last pass or two, the tractor slide off into the other furrows and bottomed out on the unplowed middle. Now its stuck, gotta get the big tractor out this morning and pull the 1855 out. I will take some pics later.

#890 Tinkerer OFFLINE  

Tinkerer

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 259
  • 18 Thanks
  • 200 posts

Posted March 05, 2011 - 11:06 PM

Yesterday afternoon I needed some tractor seat time so I shoveled the snow off of my snowmobile trailer, that I need this week, and then I blew the snow out of my way. I then went and widened the neighbors walkway. I was on vacation for a week and needed some tractor time. I am ready for winter to end and the snow to start melting. I have many tractor projects to work on but they are under 6' of snow. It will melt eventually.

#891 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted March 06, 2011 - 01:25 AM

Used the Craftsman GT6000 to haul a load of wood to the house for the wood stove, then moved my 6x10 enclosed utility trailer back to it's parking spot. Had moved it last week.

Not much, but it was fun to do on an otherwise cold day.

#892 fordmustang1984 OFFLINE  

fordmustang1984

Tractorholic

• Member No: 27
  • 23 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted March 06, 2011 - 02:18 PM

Yesterday i took smokey and moved some scrap out front to load up. Then i hitched her up to the 24 foot car trailer, and backed it up to the shed where one of the vans to be scrapped is parked. Once the van was cleared off, we pulled it onboard with the block and tackle and set off for the drive way. To do so, i cut across the neighbors field, and went alone the property line whilst they watched. Then it was across the front yard, and down the hill, with 3000 something pounds behind me. Smokey did pretty good, and only had trouble backing the trailer up to the door, it went just fine coming back out. After that, the only thing left was to push my bros tractor into the new shed space so he can work on it.

#893 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted March 06, 2011 - 03:16 PM

Drove the JB diesel conversion project to BIL meangreen's place. This machine is beginning to seem like something!

#894 Reverend Blair OFFLINE  

Reverend Blair

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1659
  • 501 Thanks
  • 952 posts

Posted March 06, 2011 - 06:05 PM

I've had absolutely nothing to do with my tractor for a couple of weeks now. It's still winter here, but we haven't had any real snow. I did need some gas though, so this morning I fired it up and drove it over to the gas station, gas can in the FEL bucket, and filled both the tractor and the gas can. I hate this time of year...it's like being in limbo.

#895 JoshBrown OFFLINE  

JoshBrown

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 20 Thanks
  • 277 posts

Posted March 08, 2011 - 08:53 PM

I decided today that it was dry enough to till the garden and plant my peas. I tilled a few passes with the tiller and then realized that when tilling with the tines in reverse the sharp edges were not going in the ground they were on the forward facing side. I switched them no big deal and worked a whole lot better. Tilled and planted the peas. I am going to get my onion sets and potatoes out soon. An old man buddy of mine said the signs were right on the 28th and 29th. Might set them out then if not sooner I don't know how much to believe in that stuff anyway.

#896 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted March 08, 2011 - 10:10 PM

I played in the mud with the 314-8 today! I have a buildup of sod and dirt in the center of my formerly gravel driveway. I've been meaning for a few years to get it taken care of, but I usually think of it after the spring thaw is over and the sod is hard as a rock again. Well, I may have jumped the gun a little. The ground was a little too soft and I managed to make a really big mess LOL! This just guarantees that I'll have some more seat time to clean it all up!

#897 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted March 09, 2011 - 08:48 PM

I used the Snapper 1650's back blade to clean off the inch of snow/slush we got today. It looks like it will be above freezing here for the next week so hopefully the snow will start melting away. It might get to the upper 40's yet this week!!!

#898 JoshBrown OFFLINE  

JoshBrown

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 20 Thanks
  • 277 posts

Posted March 09, 2011 - 08:58 PM

I didn't get to do anything with my tractor rained cats and dogs here today!!!!

#899 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,343 Thanks
  • 28,648 posts

Posted March 11, 2011 - 07:34 PM

Fired up the SS12 & the snowblower. Proceeded to blow the 3 inches of snow & 2 inches of mud under it. OMG what a mess. There were a couple of maniacal laughter moments.

#900 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted March 11, 2011 - 07:37 PM

Fired up the SS12 & the snowblower. Proceeded to blow the 3 inches of snow & 2 inches of mud under it. OMG what a mess. There were a couple of maniacal laughter moments.

I bet that was a mess!