Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What did you do WITH your tractor today? ie: plowing, hauling, tilling, etc.

• Please log in to reply
3080 replies to this topic

#811 Reverend Blair OFFLINE  

Reverend Blair

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1659
  • 501 Thanks
  • 952 posts

Posted January 17, 2011 - 07:10 PM

I wouldn't call it interesting so much as a reminder that we've had a pretty easy winter up until this last weekend, Bill. They're predicting -33 C for tonight and tomorrow night and that wind was ugly even at today's high of -18 C. Talked to a friend of mine today and he just decided to go to Cuba until the end of the month.

#812 Tinkerer OFFLINE  

Tinkerer

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 259
  • 18 Thanks
  • 200 posts

Posted January 18, 2011 - 11:04 PM

Got a chance to blow some snow this evening with the Bolens 1220. We had just over 7" out of this storm. The tractor is still doing well with just the studded tires and the weight box. I will have to finish cleaning up Thursday as I got called in to work and will be working for the next 35 hours.

#813 Tinkerer OFFLINE  

Tinkerer

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 259
  • 18 Thanks
  • 200 posts

Posted January 21, 2011 - 11:29 PM

Got another 5" of snow today. I scraped my yard and the neighbors yard across the street yesterday with the snow blade on the Bolens 1600H. I used the Bolens 1220 with the snow blower this afternoon. I am still having a blast with these tractors and playing in the snow. The snowbanks keep getting higher and higher. They say maybe some more snow towards the middle of next week. I guess I will have to wait and see if I will be using the tractors then.

#814 fordmustang1984 OFFLINE  

fordmustang1984

Tractorholic

• Member No: 27
  • 23 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted January 23, 2011 - 08:43 PM

Finally got to do something to today with my tractor today. We had to get the yard cleaned up for the upcoming storm, so i fired up the MF12G with a plow on it as it was the only snow machine ready, ever. So then we start plowing, and im spinning on a sheet of ice, but pushing. So then i stop to fix the tire chain thats been sideways since the last storm, and find that the tire no longer will fill with air. So out comes a spare, and on go the chains and the weight. Then i drive it over the blanket of snow to get down to the other side of the snow bank to clear another part of the drive. Its not going well, tractor is too light, and wont push much. So we stop at noon to get lunch, and after wards i go and get this 1/2 inch steel bracket thingy off another tractor and bolt it to the rear where the tiller spring bracket goes. Next i grab a 4 speed ford tranny out of the woods, and find the pilot shaft fits in the hitch hole, so i stand it up like that between the arms of the bracket and strap it in. After that i proceed to follow the same path i used to get down to where we were working earlier. (i had gone up the side of the road to out the tracto by the house for lunch) When i ge to the pile that i managed to make previously, i decided im going to drive over it. Up up up, and down, the tranny case sinks into the bank, and the tires spin. So out come the shovels and dig it out. Then back to work. The 200 pound iron block on the rear made all the difference. It plowed everything i needed it to. But now the front is too light, and the tires slide sideways. So now to add my front weights that i "forgot" to put on last fall...

#815 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,559 Thanks
  • 29,818 posts

Posted January 23, 2011 - 08:50 PM

What did I do with my tractor today.......nothing........:mecry:

#816 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted January 23, 2011 - 08:52 PM

fm1984, You had quite a day. Glad you got your plowing done, and used some redneck engineering to do it.

#817 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,395 posts

Posted January 24, 2011 - 09:34 AM

Another 7" yesterday! Got our drive done with the 74-112 & 37A blower and was working on some paths out back when a drive belt went. :( New belt should be here this evening. Now I've got to put the chains on the 83-420 to blade the neighbor's drive & the 790 to bring the 112 up the hill to the shed for repairs. ~~ grnspot110

Attached Thumbnails

• HPIM1943 - Copy.JPG

#818 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted January 24, 2011 - 10:00 AM

I didn't use my tractors for anything,but I did use my Armstrong shovel this morning.:laughingteeth: :laughingteeth:

#819 Reverend Blair OFFLINE  

Reverend Blair

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1659
  • 501 Thanks
  • 952 posts

Posted January 26, 2011 - 06:18 PM

I cleaned the driveway today. We haven't really had any snow, but it was drifting in and the sidewalk plough left a mess to drive over. I must have been half-asleep, or maybe an invisible man was feeding me invisible tequila or something, because I got stuck twice. I was able to drive out once...drove too far into the snowbank while emptying the bucket, but the second time I dropped the left wheels off the edge of the driveway and had to pull it out with the truck.

Okay I know I have ags without chains on and they slip really easy on the hard-pack, but it's a flat driveway and as long as I don't do anything stupid it's generally okay. AS LONG AS I DON'T DO ANYTHING STUPID! Another day like today and I'm going to have to get chains.

#820 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,395 posts

Posted January 27, 2011 - 07:39 PM

After replacing the secondary drive belt on the 74-112, I used the snowblower to clear around the Snowco trailer. Then used the 83-420 to bring the Snowco up from out back, so I can go after a Brinly 3-pt disk Saturday! :smile1: ~~ grnspot110

#821 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,670 Thanks
  • 17,197 posts

Posted January 27, 2011 - 07:41 PM

Plowed around 3'' with the 900 This afternoon

#822 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted January 27, 2011 - 08:18 PM

We have actually had a snowstorm here in our neck of the woods. I ended up breaking the drive belt on the 800 which now has a blower attached, the 600 would only blow snow on the low range but the belt was too stretched to make it move very well. Good news was that the 1053 with the blade did a great job. Thanks to Brian's sticky on belt sizes, George and I went to the closest Gates belt retailer and were able to get the belt for the 600 and the 2 belts for the 800 will be in tomorrow morning. With the new belt on the 600 it did a good job even though by that time the snow had started to become wet and heavy. It sure was fun to have so many of the tractors being used today.

#823 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,210 Thanks
  • 28,584 posts

Posted January 27, 2011 - 08:26 PM

It sure was fun to have so many of the tractors being used today.

I was afraid you'd only get enough to sweep into a pile big enough to snow blow again. Glad to hear a storm finally came your way.

Good for you guys, seattime=playtime.

#824 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,670 Thanks
  • 17,197 posts

Posted January 27, 2011 - 08:29 PM

Seems like the belt bug got you too LOL.
Glad to hear your up and running

So far I am a huge fan of the Oregon Belts. http://www.oregoncha...REGON_Belts.pdf

#825 DanO OFFLINE  

DanO

Greasemonkey

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1918
  • 153 Thanks
  • 350 posts

Posted January 28, 2011 - 10:07 AM

Well.....Believe it or not... First I Plowed My Garden, then i Ran around it with the Disc, then i hooked up the Spike Tooth Harrow and raked out the weeds...and I was just about to start planting my vegi seeds when suddenly I heard my wife screaming like a Bangie & then.......... I woke up and realized I had slipped on the ice, fallen into a 4 ft pile of snow & Blacked Out and my David Bradley Tractor with Plow attached was Running across the lawn all by itself headed for the woods!!!!!!!!!!!
Is It Spring Yet?

Edited by DanO, January 28, 2011 - 11:03 AM.