Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What did you do WITH your tractor today? ie: plowing, hauling, tilling, etc.

• Please log in to reply
3080 replies to this topic

#736 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,602 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted December 24, 2010 - 07:51 PM

I got one running & used the playtime and engine sound as therapy... does that count?

Yeah, why not! You had therapy "With" your tractor!

#737 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,679 Thanks
  • 17,200 posts

Posted December 26, 2010 - 12:38 PM

Pushed some snow with the 900... Since I keep forgetting to fix the date on the camera I edited out the date :D

Attached Thumbnails

• zz.jpg
  • z.jpg

#738 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,264 Thanks
  • 28,606 posts

Posted December 26, 2010 - 01:58 PM

Pushed some snow with the 900...

Looks like it'll push some snow, no chains either. That's great.

Since I keep forgetting to fix the date on the camera I edited out the date :D

:bigrofl: MUCH easier than setting the date... I love it!! :bigrofl:

#739 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,679 Thanks
  • 17,200 posts

Posted December 26, 2010 - 08:31 PM

I'm a fan of using chains, but These save the driveway... So far I have not spun the wheels. The weights are 95# each

I set the date then when the battery dies the date gets screwed up again. :wallbanging:

#740 Tinkerer OFFLINE  

Tinkerer

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 259
  • 18 Thanks
  • 200 posts

Posted December 26, 2010 - 08:54 PM

I haven't done anything with my tractors today as I am working my 24 hour shift but when I get off at 7 tomorrow morning I am going to have plenty of snow to play in and try out the snow blade and snow blower. It is about time we finally got some snow.

#741 fordmustang1984 OFFLINE  

fordmustang1984

Tractorholic

• Member No: 27
  • 23 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted December 27, 2010 - 02:08 PM

I plowed the driveway twice last night, but my MF12 was no match for the snow we had today. So it stayed in the shed today, and my moms friend plowed us out.

#742 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted December 27, 2010 - 05:55 PM

I plowed the driveway twice last night, but my MF12 was no match for the snow we had today. So it stayed in the shed today, and my moms friend plowed us out.

That is what George had to do last year. His MF12 was fine on smaller snowfalls with the blade but the deeper stuff needed the blower.
How much snow did you folks get ?

#743 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted December 27, 2010 - 05:58 PM

Pushed some snow with the 900... Since I keep forgetting to fix the date on the camera I edited out the date :D

Thanks for the pics. At least somebody is getting some seat time.

#744 Tinkerer OFFLINE  

Tinkerer

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 18 Thanks
  • 200 posts

Posted December 27, 2010 - 09:58 PM

Well I finally got some snow to play in with the tractors. We got 12 inches. When I got home from work this morning there was 10" in the driveway. I had the blade on the Bolens 1600H and the weight but no tire chains. I was able to push a little ways down the driveway but I couldn't back up so I put the chains on and that made a big difference. I bladed snow for about an hour so I could get my car out of the road. After some breakfast I bladed some more and the decided to try the Bolens 1220 with the snow blower. It would blow snow well but could move around. I only have the studded tires on and no extra weight or chains. It was parked real quickly and I put the snow blower on the 1600H and continued having fun. I was almost done and I hit something hard and broke my weld on the driveshaft for the blower. I will repair that tomorrow. So I spent about 3+ hours on the tractors and I am really impressed with the single stage snow blowers and also impressed with the 1600H and how high I was able to push the snow. Here are some action shots I got the wife to take.Picture 003.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• Picture 001.jpg
  • Picture 004.jpg

• grand and MH81 have said thanks

#745 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted December 27, 2010 - 10:09 PM

Well, I can't measure up to those who spent their day pushing/blowing snow (glad for that, though!). All I did was haul a wagon load of firewood from the pile to a spot closer to the house.

#746 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,679 Thanks
  • 17,200 posts

Posted December 28, 2010 - 06:39 AM

Well I finally got some snow to play in with the tractors. We got 12 inches. When I got home from work this morning there was 10" in the driveway. I had the blade on the Bolens 1600H and the weight but no tire chains. I was able to push a little ways down the driveway but I couldn't back up so I put the chains on and that made a big difference. I bladed snow for about an hour so I could get my car out of the road. After some breakfast I bladed some more and the decided to try the Bolens 1220 with the snow blower. It would blow snow well but could move around. I only have the studded tires on and no extra weight or chains. It was parked real quickly and I put the snow blower on the 1600H and continued having fun. I was almost done and I hit something hard and broke my weld on the driveshaft for the blower. I will repair that tomorrow. So I spent about 3+ hours on the tractors and I am really impressed with the single stage snow blowers and also impressed with the 1600H and how high I was able to push the snow. Here are some action shots I got the wife to take.[ATTACH=CONFIG]8665[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8666[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8667[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the pics
Looks like you had a fun time

#747 Tinkerer OFFLINE  

Tinkerer

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 18 Thanks
  • 200 posts

Posted December 28, 2010 - 08:29 AM

Fun was had by all in the family. I plan on doing some repairs and upgrades today and then playing in the snow again.

#748 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted December 28, 2010 - 10:21 AM

Sunday (the 26th) I hauled the LGT 165 to the church and plowed off the parking area. It was the first time I plowed snow with it and it worked great (like I expected).

Since it out was cold and I could see the tractors breathe I noticed that the muffler has a leak, going to have to see what kind of warrenty Olcowhand has on his handywork.

#749 fordmustang1984 OFFLINE  

fordmustang1984

Tractorholic

• Member No: 27
  • 23 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted December 28, 2010 - 05:18 PM

That is what George had to do last year. His MF12 was fine on smaller snowfalls with the blade but the deeper stuff needed the blower.
How much snow did you folks get ?

We got 18 inches total. The last 6-8 was what finally did us in with the slush.

#750 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,602 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted December 29, 2010 - 09:50 AM

Since it out was cold and I could see the tractors breathe I noticed that the muffler has a leak, going to have to see what kind of warrenty Olcowhand has on his handywork.

Full LIFETIME warranty, but only when delivered in person! Sorry there's a leak. Drive on over & I'll take care of that pronto!