Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What did you do WITH your tractor today? ie: plowing, hauling, tilling, etc.

• Please log in to reply
3086 replies to this topic

#61 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted March 03, 2010 - 06:48 AM

WOW!!! 60!!!!!
I dont think I even remeber what 60 feels like!

:ditto::rolling:

#62 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,076 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted March 03, 2010 - 08:32 AM

Took the 1655 out to clear some more snow out of the natural drains.Got a flat on the left rear tire in the most awkward place.Sort of working on a bit of a angle right beside the bush when the tire went flat.Of course couldn't go ahead and couldn't back up.The ROPS had just passed a tree when the tire went flat so couldn't backup because of the tree behind the ROPS.Couldn't go ahead because of all the snow.What to do walk home get the air compressor and drag it all the way back to the tractor[good thing the trail was ploughed out] get to within 20 feet of the tractor the wheel on the compressor falls off.Put the wheel on the axle [the end cap is gone ??] bring it closer unwrap the hose pump up the tire,load compressor into bucket and go back to the shop.Drill a hole through the axle so I can put in a cotter pin to hold the wheel on.Pump up the tire to proper pressure go back out plough more snow.Everything was good to go after that,will need to check the tire today to see if its still holding air.Didn't feel like taking the chains off and breaking and resealing the inner bead,guess I'll have to do that today,plus change the motor oil and filter and do the hydro as well almost 300 hrs since last hydro change.I just had to laugh when everything was going like it did yesterday,at least got some seat time 3hrs.The weather was nice for our area right around the freezing mark with sunshine so felt really nice doing stuff.Larry

#63 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted March 03, 2010 - 07:08 PM

WOW!!! 60!!!!!
I dont think I even remember what 60 feels like!

I guess I was a little brain dead for a moment...

At first, I didn't read the quote, from holligan, and thought you were referring to your age instead of the temperature. I thought WOW! If he can't remember being 60, then he's got to be at least 70! And then I'm like WOW! again, because I've read a lot of your posts and I'm thinking, this guy is doing some really remarkable things for someone 70 or better!!

#64 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 05, 2010 - 10:44 AM

Took the 1655 out to clear some more snow out of the natural drains.Got a flat on the left rear tire in the most awkward place.Sort of working on a bit of a angle right beside the bush when the tire went flat.Of course couldn't go ahead and couldn't back up.The ROPS had just passed a tree when the tire went flat so couldn't backup because of the tree behind the ROPS.Couldn't go ahead because of all the snow.What to do walk home get the air compressor and drag it all the way back to the tractor[good thing the trail was ploughed out] get to within 20 feet of the tractor the wheel on the compressor falls off.Put the wheel on the axle [the end cap is gone ??] bring it closer unwrap the hose pump up the tire,load compressor into bucket and go back to the shop.Drill a hole through the axle so I can put in a cotter pin to hold the wheel on.Pump up the tire to proper pressure go back out plough more snow.Everything was good to go after that,will need to check the tire today to see if its still holding air.Didn't feel like taking the chains off and breaking and resealing the inner bead,guess I'll have to do that today,plus change the motor oil and filter and do the hydro as well almost 300 hrs since last hydro change.I just had to laugh when everything was going like it did yesterday,at least got some seat time 3hrs.The weather was nice for our area right around the freezing mark with sunshine so felt really nice doing stuff.Larry

Sounds like you had quite the adventure. I hate it when the wheels fall off of tools. My one jack does that too me all the time.

#65 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 05, 2010 - 10:45 AM

At first, I didn't read the quote, from holligan, and thought you were referring to your age instead of the temperature. I thought WOW! If he can't remember being 60, then he's got to be at least 70! And then I'm like WOW! again, because I've read a lot of your posts and I'm thinking, this guy is doing some really remarkable things for someone 70 or better!!

Bill, that's too funny. I thought the same thing when I glanced over the post LOL

#66 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,652 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted March 05, 2010 - 11:46 AM

Posted Image Originally Posted by Bill56 Posted Image

Bill, that's too funny. I thought the same thing when I glanced over the post LOL

Same here, thinking age! LOL No GT time for me today....using the big boys to haul manure. Even the MF1655 won't handle the 3,000gl manure tanks!:laughingteeth:

Edited by olcowhand, March 07, 2010 - 04:16 PM.

#67 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted March 05, 2010 - 12:31 PM

:rofl2::rofl2:

#68 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,076 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted March 06, 2010 - 10:42 AM

LOL No GT time for me today....using the big boys to haul manure. Even the MF1655 won't handle the 3,000gl manure tanks!:laughingteeth:

Yeah I guess if you took the 1655 He'd [she'd] probably would crap right out.:rolling::rolling::rolling:Larry

Edited by olcowhand, March 07, 2010 - 04:18 PM.

#69 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 06, 2010 - 10:34 PM

Are you guys messing with the quote tags or is something messing up, olcowhand has a quote bubble missing and Larry has an end tag? I just wanna ask before I go digging through any bugs.

#70 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 06, 2010 - 10:34 PM

Oh, and I haven't done anything with the tractors at all this week. Been too busy working on the site and being busy at work.

#71 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted March 07, 2010 - 06:53 AM

14 new tires going on to tractors this month, don't even ask how much that cost, along with two 3 point hitches.

#72 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,076 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted March 07, 2010 - 09:29 AM

Are you guys messing with the quote tags or is something messing up, olcowhand has a quote bubble missing and Larry has an end tag? I just wanna ask before I go digging through any bugs.

Yeah guess I kinda click on what I don't what to quote on and leave what I want to quote on:blush2:.So guess you could say messing with them a bit.:D Maybe we shouldn't??
Kinda leaves some stuff out doesn't it. :worshippy1:Sorry about that.Larry

#73 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,076 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted March 07, 2010 - 09:36 AM

Finally decided to do the engine oil change was actually due last fall just didn't think I'd be using it as much as I have been lately.It's been mild here gets to right around the freezing mark soI like sitting on the tractor playing in the snow[don't get to cold to fast]Changed the hydro oil and filter at the same time,also did the upper spindle bearings.I also had a oil leak from the top of the power steering gear box.The worm gear seal needed changing so did that as well. At least now I can say that the tractor is ready to go for this year.Larry

#74 grand ONLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted March 07, 2010 - 11:44 AM

Just for fun I got the 600 out of the shed and drove it to the end of the street to take pictures of it in front of what is left of the big snow pile. The wife said that the neighbors will think I'm crazy. I told her that they probably already think that, this will just confirm their suspicions. :bounce:

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_0571..jpg

#75 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted March 07, 2010 - 04:00 PM

That's a good picture... nice pose for the little 600!
  • grand said thank you