Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What did you do WITH your tractor today? ie: plowing, hauling, tilling, etc.

• Please log in to reply
3080 replies to this topic

#676 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted November 24, 2010 - 08:33 AM

nra1ifer : That looks like a great way to spend a day.

Yesterday I used the Ford 165 to move the smoker closer to the house so it is in position to cook turkeys. Will be getting up 3:30 am tomorrow to start the fire, and plan on getting the birds in by 4:45.

#677 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,572 Thanks
  • 29,821 posts

Posted November 24, 2010 - 09:12 AM

nra1ifer : That looks like a great way to spend a day.

Yesterday I used the Ford 165 to move the smoker closer to the house so it is in position to cook turkeys. Will be getting up 3:30 am tomorrow to start the fire, and plan on getting the birds in by 4:45.

How many turkeys are you cooking Chuck?

#678 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted November 24, 2010 - 09:40 AM

How many turkeys are you cooking Chuck?

only 3 this year.

#679 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted November 24, 2010 - 10:35 AM

only 3 this year.

Nothing like a smoked turkey! One of my favorites.

#680 daytime dave ONLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted November 24, 2010 - 09:07 PM

I brought the GE E20 over to my house from Dad's place. I got a little concerned that I would not be able to charge it often enough out there to keep the batteries topped off. I cleared out room in my garage here in suburbia and now it is in the garage.

It was probably a good move. I went to move the GE outside the barn onto the trailer and it was very sluggish. The cold seems to have taken it's toll. Now I plan to put the snow blower on the GE and see how it performs this winter. Gotta find a set of chains.

#681 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted November 25, 2010 - 06:28 PM

Used the MF GC 2300 to blow snow this morning for a couple hrs even though it was still snowing and blowing out.The wind wasn't the right way for me in the morning so later in the afternoon I went out again for another hr and seeing that the little guy was home from school he took out the MF 1655 as well so we both blew snow and the wind direction was good.The little guy had a bit of a boo boo he was backing up and didn't realize where the front of the blower was swinging and he rubbed up pretty hard against the side of the garage.Looks like I'll have to replace some vinyl siding come spring time.Oh well could have been worse.Larry

Edited by massey driver, November 25, 2010 - 06:33 PM.

#682 Tinkerer OFFLINE  

Tinkerer

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 259
  • 18 Thanks
  • 200 posts

Posted November 26, 2010 - 06:25 PM

After installing the snow blade I decided to put it to use and move the leaf pile closer to the rode in preparation for leaf pick up by the city. They have already begun picking them up just not sure when they will get to my street. The blade did awesome and saved a lot of time moving them instead of using a pitch fork and then raking up the stragglers.

#683 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted November 26, 2010 - 08:19 PM

Went today and picked up the latest addition to the Bolens family. It was about an 80 mile drive but went by pretty quickly. It's a G 12 that will either be a project tractor or for parts. It has already donated the starter generator to the 800. Also donated to the 800 were the wheel weights which was my biggest interest in the tractor. My only other weights were on the 600 when I bought it.
When we got the G 12 home and rolled it in the garage we were able to get it fired up and running. The fellow said that he bought it new in 1976 and paid $2500 for it. It was also advertised as having a 12hp Tecumseh and although it started with no smoke and ran strong we can't find a name tag on the engine. My question to our Bolens experts, does that sound like the price back in 1976 and would that be the correct engine? I know prices were posted at one time and it certainly doesn't affect my purchase, just wondering

#684 Tinkerer OFFLINE  

Tinkerer

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 18 Thanks
  • 200 posts

Posted November 27, 2010 - 07:59 AM

I don't know anything about prices back in 1976. I was only 4 then. I do believe that the G12 came with a 12 horsepower engine. My source that I usually checked on Bolens information has disappeared from the web. My resource was www.sonnysbolens.com but as of a few minutes ago it doesn't come up anymore. It was a great resource for me as it had a lot of manuals and parts lists for a lot of different Bolens tractors. They also sold parts for the Bolens' tractors.

#685 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,237 Thanks
  • 28,598 posts

Posted November 27, 2010 - 08:03 AM

I don't know anything about prices back in 1976. I was only 4 then. I do believe that the G12 came with a 12 horsepower engine. My source that I usually checked on Bolens information has disappeared from the web. My resource was www.sonnysbolens.com but as of a few minutes ago it doesn't come up anymore. It was a great resource for me as it had a lot of manuals and parts lists for a lot of different Bolens tractors. They also sold parts for the Bolens' tractors.

Try this link Sonny's Farm & Home Supply
  • Tinkerer said thank you

#686 Tinkerer OFFLINE  

Tinkerer

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 18 Thanks
  • 200 posts

Posted November 27, 2010 - 08:15 AM

Thank you MH81. I just did a search and they have changed their web address. I found the new one and am very happy. The new address is Sonny's Farm & Home Supply. This website has been very instrumentative in getting me going on the Bolens line of tractors. I started this year out with one Bolens and now I am up to 4 tractors with many accessories.

#687 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,672 Thanks
  • 17,198 posts

Posted November 27, 2010 - 09:15 AM

Went today and picked up the latest addition to the Bolens family. It was about an 80 mile drive but went by pretty quickly. It's a G 12 that will either be a project tractor or for parts. It has already donated the starter generator to the 800. Also donated to the 800 were the wheel weights which was my biggest interest in the tractor. My only other weights were on the 600 when I bought it.
When we got the G 12 home and rolled it in the garage we were able to get it fired up and running. The fellow said that he bought it new in 1976 and paid $2500 for it. It was also advertised as having a 12hp Tecumseh and although it started with no smoke and ran strong we can't find a name tag on the engine. My question to our Bolens experts, does that sound like the price back in 1976 and would that be the correct engine? I know prices were posted at one time and it certainly doesn't affect my purchase, just wondering

I think that's pretty close to being around the right price for 76' They were selling for around $1,000 back in the mid 60's without any attachnments. Add a few attachments and you probably would have spent 2k in 76'. I believe I uploaded a price sheet from 67' in the manuals section.
  • grand said thank you

#688 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,672 Thanks
  • 17,198 posts

Posted November 27, 2010 - 09:17 AM

Today I got to use the 900 with the snow blade on it. We got about 5'' of snow.
I came in because my hands were freezing LOL. I got to go back out and finish the driveway.

#689 WQDL753 OFFLINE  

WQDL753

Bolensholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1407
  • 59 Thanks
  • 301 posts

Posted November 27, 2010 - 10:12 AM

@grand, the 12 hp Tec. is what supposed to be in the g12's
  • grand said thank you

#690 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted November 28, 2010 - 09:38 PM

Sold the Allis Chalmers B and used the Sears to help load up the bits and pieces that went with the Allis Saturday morning.