Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What did you do WITH your tractor today? ie: plowing, hauling, tilling, etc.

• Please log in to reply
3084 replies to this topic

#661 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted November 13, 2010 - 08:30 PM

I got to play a little with 3 of my 4 GT's today. My goal was to rearrange my 10'x20' storage shed so that I could squeeze the Cub 123 in, thus getting the Cub out of the enclosed utility trailer. Seems like I'm needing the trailer more and more, but it was a bit of a hassle having to unload the Cub every time I needed the trailer. Pulled the Craftsman PGT9000 out first, ran it around the yard a bit, and let it sit and warm up good while I got the Craftsman GT6000 out, did the same. Also got a big Craftsman tiller out that I hadn't used in several months, started it up and let it run awhile. Then I got the Cub out of the trailer and took the #1 tiller off of it. Parked the GT6000 back in it's corner, parked the Cub next to it, squeezed the big Craftsman tiller in next to the Speedex, stood the #1 tiller in front of the GT6000, and I still had room to park the PGT9000 in the center of the shed just inside the double doors where it usually sits. QUICK, CLOSE THE DOORS BEFORE ANYTHING FALLS OUT!!!!

Took the trailer and picked up 15-20 bags of mulched leaves that a co-worker saved for my garden.

Soon, I'll drag a bunch of that stuff out again to get to my chipper/shredder so I can grind up the leaves some more along with leftover garden debris..... Then, I can hook the plow to the Speedex and have some fun!!! Might also exercise the GT6000 with it's plow, too!!!

All in all, a good day.

(Then the wife made me go to the store with her...... grumble, grumble, grumble...... LOL!!!)
  • Green ranger said thank you

#662 Tinkerer OFFLINE  

Tinkerer

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 259
  • 18 Thanks
  • 200 posts

Posted November 13, 2010 - 11:32 PM

Yesterday I rototilled my in-laws vegetable garden with my Bolens 1600H Eliminator. After I got home I removed the tire chains and the rototiller and installed the mower deck. I then mowed some of the neighbors lawn and leaves to mulch them up. The rotoller worked awesome as it was my first chance to use the rototiller since I purchased it. I am really enjoying my Bolens tractors.

#663 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,686 Thanks
  • 17,204 posts

Posted November 14, 2010 - 08:25 AM

Yesterday I rototilled my in-laws vegetable garden with my Bolens 1600H Eliminator. After I got home I removed the tire chains and the rototiller and installed the mower deck. I then mowed some of the neighbors lawn and leaves to mulch them up. The rotoller worked awesome as it was my first chance to use the rototiller since I purchased it. I am really enjoying my Bolens tractors.

Glad to hear your enjoying the Bolens! :dancingbanana:

#664 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,686 Thanks
  • 17,204 posts

Posted November 14, 2010 - 08:26 AM

Yesterday, the Gravely and I picked up the rest of the leaves for the season, so after this there wont be much to do with the Garden Tractors until the snow flies.

#665 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted November 14, 2010 - 08:57 AM

Other than the tractors themselves, I'm with you..... the #1 tiller on my Cub 123 is probably one of the most enjoyable items I've added to my GT's. Once I get a front blade for my Speedex, I'll probably have that on this list, also.

#666 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted November 15, 2010 - 08:58 AM

Went to a plowday saturday and plowed. it was a good time and the Ford LGT165 plowed as good ad any of the other GT's.
More picture will be posted soon.
Posted Image

#667 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,686 Thanks
  • 17,204 posts

Posted November 15, 2010 - 04:47 PM

Looks like fun Chuck :thumbs:

#668 ss12 OFFLINE  

ss12

• Member No: 827
  • 0 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted November 16, 2010 - 07:28 PM

i took the moldboard plow off myy ss15 and put the snow blade back on. exciting huh?

#669 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted November 16, 2010 - 11:05 PM

i took the moldboard plow off myy ss15 and put the snow blade back on. exciting huh?

Right now I'm living vicariously through you LOL! At least you had a chance to lay your hands on one today. All I did was think about it LOL.

#670 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted November 17, 2010 - 05:33 AM

All I did was think about it LOL.

I seem to do that a lot too.LOL

#671 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted November 18, 2010 - 08:55 PM

I was cleaning up in the garage today and needed to move the 800 to make some room.Still wearing my rehab boot I drove it down to the mail box. With our long driveway it at least gave it a little workout.

#672 jdslednut OFFLINE  

jdslednut

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 77
  • 636 Thanks
  • 837 posts

Posted November 21, 2010 - 04:10 PM

I was able to squeeze my 109 into the garden shed before the next storm. I remembered that I should remove a few batteries and charge them up for the winter but I couldn't get any hoods open! We'll see if the 2 remaining batteries will take a charge in the spring. I think I need to add on. I am, however, able to fit our minivan into our garage but with no room to play. The car still sits outside.
[ATTACH]7298[/ATTACH]

Attached Thumbnails

• Shed.jpg

#673 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted November 23, 2010 - 06:09 PM

I got to spend the entire day outside and it was BEAUTIFUL!!!

Started the morning with the Craftsman PGT9000 and gave the yard one last (I hope) mowing. Then, got the chipper/shredder out and ground up leftover garden debris. Next, got the Speedex 1631 out and plowed the garden. Got LOTS of seat time! That machine has more power than any of the other GT's I have and is a dream to plow with.
DSCF2556.jpg

Then, I got my Craftsman GT6000 out and used it with the Agri-Fab cultivator to go ove r the garden.
DSCF2558.jpg

Ended the day by starting a compost pile at the end of the garden. It was a GOOD DAY!!!
DSCF2559.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF2554.jpg
  • DSCF2553.jpg
  • DSCF2555.jpg
  • DSCF2557.jpg

#674 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,686 Thanks
  • 17,204 posts

Posted November 23, 2010 - 07:39 PM

Looks like you got plenty of seat time! And the old Speedex did a fine job :thumbs:
I havent done anything with my GT's in about a week :(

#675 WQDL753 OFFLINE  

WQDL753

Bolensholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1407
  • 59 Thanks
  • 301 posts

Posted November 24, 2010 - 03:03 AM

A little behind, but I got to pull a trailer load of gravel around for me and my oldest to do driveway maintenance. Mostly just thinking about it, but I did get enugh free time at work one day to drill one hole in what will become a sleeve hitch. lol