Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What did you do WITH your tractor today? ie: plowing, hauling, tilling, etc.

• Please log in to reply
3086 replies to this topic

#631 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,338 Thanks
  • 28,646 posts

Posted October 28, 2010 - 06:53 AM

WOW! Wish I could Help My Dad with a project. He has gone in 94.
Value that time, it is shorter than you can imagine.

Yeah, when I was younger, we fought like raccoons if there was a difference in opinion as to how something should be done.
Now there are days I wish I still lived @ home just for the garage time with him. He's had some health issues last couple years, but they may be getting them worked out.

#632 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted October 28, 2010 - 09:00 AM

Used the FEL & my 1855 yesterday to move an old Sears deck to my shop door for dis-assembly. Selling off the spindles & like new blades.

#633 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,415 Thanks
  • 2,118 posts

Posted October 28, 2010 - 07:36 PM

Added a oil pressure gauge to the Bolens HT23 were the hour meter was and moved the hour meter to the side.Never understood why they never put one on in the first place.The dummy light is a real waste that cost me $500 before when the bulb didn't work.

#634 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted October 31, 2010 - 08:17 AM

I got my Snapper 1650 ready for winter again. I mounted the turf tires with chains, put the snow blower on and put on the three point blade I made. I had this rig all ready to go last year at this time and then ended up having open heart by pass surgery on Dec 8th, our first real good snow storm. Following my docs orders I had three months of restrictions and tractor driving was part of the no no list. By the time I was off of restrictions the snow was done for the year. Thank goodness I have good friends. Three of them would plow my driveway for me. The first one that drove by after a snow fall would plow me out. I hope to get to use it this year!

Posted Image

Edited by tractormike, October 31, 2010 - 04:35 PM.

#635 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted October 31, 2010 - 09:38 AM

Went in the garage yesterday morning and put the sleeve hitch and chains on the 600. We plowed our garden plot. The sod and some rocks made plowing a little difficult but we got the job done. George made an adjustment on the plow so it wouldn't go as deep and we put it on his Massey 12 to finish. After finishing the plowing the blower went on the 600 so we will be ready for winter. George was going to post some video of the plowing and I shot a small piece of the blower running on the 600. It was a fantastic day to use the tractors.

Edited by grand, November 01, 2010 - 05:47 AM.

#636 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted October 31, 2010 - 09:50 AM

grand,sounds like you had some fun.

#637 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted October 31, 2010 - 10:41 AM

I got my Snapper 1650 ready for winter again. I mounted the turf tires with chains, put the snow blower on and put on the three point blade I made. I had this rig all ready to go last year at this time and then ended up having open heart by pass surgery surgery on Dec 8th, our first real good snow storm. Following my docs orders I had three months of restrictions and tractor driving was part of the no no list. By the time I was off of restrictions the snow was done for the year. Thank goodness I have good friends. Three of them would plow my driveway for me. The first one that drove by after a snow fall would plow me out. I hope to get to use it this year!

Posted Image

Mike, you got that 1650 all ready to go :thumbs:

#638 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted October 31, 2010 - 10:43 AM

Went in the garage yesterday morning and put the sleeve hitch and chains on the 600. We plowed our garden plot. The sod and some rocks made plowing a little difficult be we got the job done. George made an adjustment on the plow so it wouldn't go as deep and we put in on his Massey 12 to finish. After finishing the plowing the blower went on the 600 so we will be ready for winter. George was going to post some video of the plowing and I shot a small piece of the blower running on the 600. It was a fantastic day to use the tractors.

Other then quoting his post I do want to quote one thing he said yesterday. He finally sat his ass on the left of the seat and left fender for about two passes. His comment after he came back around
"That's hard on your balls with the metal pan seat" :bigrofl:

#639 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted October 31, 2010 - 11:52 AM

Grand...hope your buddies feel better today! :rofl2:
Today I'm using the MF1855 w/fel to scrap out several mower decks. The pile is getting too large, so time for them to go. Saving the mandrels & any other parts I might use & the rest to the scrap yard. Had some old house trailer axles & other stuff too. Maybe get $100 worth or so. More to pay off the loan for the last Bush Hog JBI acquisition.
Can't wait to get it paid so I can have project money.

#640 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted October 31, 2010 - 11:54 AM

I got my Snapper 1650 ready for winter again. I mounted the turf tires with chains, put the snow blower on and put on the three point blade I made. I had this rig all ready to go last year at this time and then ended up having open heart by pass surgery surgery on Dec 8th, our first real good snow storm. Following my docs orders I had three months of restrictions and tractor driving was part of the no no list. By the time I was off of restrictions the snow was done for the year. Thank goodness I have good friends. Three of them would plow my driveway for me. The first one that drove by after a snow fall would plow me out. I hope to get to use it this year!

Posted Image

Mike, that Snapper sure looks to be a goodun! I'd like to use a snowblower some day. I'll have to visit one of you northerners when snow is on to try it.

#641 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted October 31, 2010 - 12:44 PM

I'd like to use a snowblower some day. I'll have to visit one of you northerners when snow is on to try it.

Welcome to bring one and give it a try in a month or so Dan ...... bring some shear pins we have a gravel drive.
Peter

#642 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted October 31, 2010 - 04:05 PM

Daniel, you are more than welcome and come on up and try the Snapper out anytime. Some day when it is 20 below would work out better for me!!!!!!!!!!!:bigrofl::bigrofl::bigrofl::bigrofl::bigrofl:

#643 WQDL753 OFFLINE  

WQDL753

Bolensholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1407
  • 59 Thanks
  • 301 posts

Posted October 31, 2010 - 04:45 PM

Finished up the few little things I needed to do to the snowcaster and got it mounted on the Bolens. Now the tractor is all ready for lake effect, but I'm not. lol
Sorry, but it was already to dark to take pics.

#644 harrycu OFFLINE  

harrycu

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 1397
  • 4 Thanks
  • 80 posts

Posted October 31, 2010 - 08:18 PM

I have my JD212 sitting up on jack stands with the wheels off getting ready to mount my lugs and tri-ribs. I also have the motor mounts out to replace them. I have new isolators for it, but my new rear cradle to replace the broken one hasn't arrived yet. Neither has my new tires...they should be here in another day or three.

Harry

#645 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted November 01, 2010 - 08:27 AM

Had a few minutes to play outside yesterday. Got the Speedex 1631 out, attached the plow, and made a few passes in an open spot of the garden. Plowed it like a hot knife through butter! I still have some fall garden stuff growing. Once that's done, I need to grind up the old okra stalks and a bunch of leaves, then I can plow the entire garden.