Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What did you do WITH your tractor today? ie: plowing, hauling, tilling, etc.

• Please log in to reply
3084 replies to this topic

#616 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted October 22, 2010 - 03:00 PM

After 6 weeks on crutches the doctor said I can start putting weight on my leg wearing the special support boot. So I went in the garage today and started all 3 of the bolens. It sure was good to hear them run. I was hoping to take them for a drive around the yard but we need to move some other tractors to get them out. Maybe over the weekend when we have time.

Glad to hear that you're up and about!
I started 2 of the Wheel Horses (the C-105 and the 314) and the Bolens today. I shoehorned the Bolens and the C-105 closer together so I could get the snow plow and chains on the 314 before the snow flies! She's all ready for winter now. I also sent my Zero turn off to the repair shop for some warranty work.

#617 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted October 22, 2010 - 03:09 PM

We had a new hay tedder delivered today. Was on a tilt slide bed truck, so had to drive my Kubota G4200 back onto the bed till she spun, then he leveled the bed. Hooked to the tedder, then he tilted while I was ready to jet off before the tedder pushed me. All went slick & drove it right off with no incident.

#618 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted October 22, 2010 - 07:32 PM

Not my tractor but I tried to get my neighbors snapper 1650 running for him. It's his snowblower tractor and the starter went out early last winter. He just got a starter for it. It has sat outside since the starter quit. Got it to run at 1/2 throttle and up but will not idle. To much crap in it for the usual tricks of running a torch tip cleaner through the passageways from outside. Have to get a kit tomorrow and tear the carb apart and give it a good cleaning.

#619 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted October 23, 2010 - 08:43 PM

I am happy to report that we got to use two of our tractors today. We started splitting and stacking on the wood pile, seems like we barely made a dent but we got to use the Cub 147 and the Huskee so dad had transportation and a place to sit while running the splitter since he is still in his boot from breaking his ankle.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_0028.jpg

#620 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted October 24, 2010 - 08:42 PM

I found a kit for the carb for the neighbor's 1650 Snapper. Last night I brought it over to my garage and started working on it. The carb was pretty full of crud. It took about 15 minutes to get the nozzle that screws up through the center of the carb out. I kept spraying penetrating oil on the threads and kept working it out a 1/8 of a turn or so and then turning it back in to work the penetrating oil in the threads. I finally got it out and got the carb cleaned out and put back together. He had broken out the plastic around where the choke cable went through the dash so removed the cable and put two 3/8 flat washers on either side of the cable to hold it in place. Then I had to reform the end of the throttle cable where it fastenes to the throttle lever as it had broken off. Then the screw that holds the throttle and choke cables in place on the engine was stripped out so I had to find a little longer screw and put a nut on the bottom side of the bracket. At least after all this tinkering it runs well and he is happy with it.

#621 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted October 25, 2010 - 08:05 AM

Loaded the new to me LGT 165 on the trailer yesterday. Looked at lots of nice tractors at Daniel's place

#622 WQDL753 OFFLINE  

WQDL753

Bolensholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1407
  • 59 Thanks
  • 301 posts

Posted October 25, 2010 - 12:38 PM

Yesterday I started up G12 just so I could smile at the positive reading on the ammeter :laughingteeth:, Then I pulled the hood, and got it blasted clean.
tra_1984.jpg
And primed by lunch.
tra_1988.jpg
Then I just enjoyed the unusualy nice weather we were having for the rest of the day. :beerchug:

Attached Thumbnails

• tra_1982.jpg
  • tra_1986.JPG

#623 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,698 Thanks
  • 17,207 posts

Posted October 25, 2010 - 04:00 PM

Nice looking Hood!

I know what you mean by the joy of seeing the positive reading on the ammeter. It seems these generators/regulators always have issues.

#624 fordmustang1984 OFFLINE  

fordmustang1984

Tractorholic

• Member No: 27
  • 23 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted October 25, 2010 - 06:30 PM

Finally trimmed the tire chains on my MF12, and used it to park my sister's horse trailer for the winter, and pull a trailer i have to paint infront of the garage.

#625 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted October 27, 2010 - 07:39 AM

Swapped the sleeve hitch from the LGT 145 to the LGT 165.
Posted Image

Also did some planing for casting my own concrete wheel weights.

#626 poncho62 ONLINE  

poncho62
  • Member No: 42
  • 634 Thanks
  • 1,220 posts

Posted October 27, 2010 - 08:04 AM

Chuck, when you do those weights, give us some pics..and how you do them......I made some a while back..I wont even post pics, they were so bad........lol

#627 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,698 Thanks
  • 17,207 posts

Posted October 27, 2010 - 08:25 PM

Today I mainly looked at my GT's and wished that it was not muddy outside LOL

#628 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted October 27, 2010 - 08:30 PM

I took dad's Sears super 12 out to take down the temporary electric fence and posts from the sweetcorn and sunflower field. Gotta love those Sears tractors. Alot of power and very little non sense.

#629 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,303 Thanks
  • 28,628 posts

Posted October 27, 2010 - 09:29 PM

Got 5 minutes with the "Idea Pile" and started sorting stuff for a rear carrier deck for my sleeve hitch.

Then I went up to my Dad's & helped him rewire the 10SI GM alternator retro-fit on his 1943 101 jr. It's the tractor he uses to haul around his splitter. His "Woods-Mo-Buggy" so to speak. He hooked the wiring on a branch and ripped it all out... including the idiot light in the dash. It's all back in & working now. Whew.

#630 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,630 Thanks
  • 3,869 posts

Posted October 27, 2010 - 09:58 PM

Got 5 minutes with the "Idea Pile" and started sorting stuff for a rear carrier deck for my sleeve hitch.

Then I went up to my Dad's & helped him rewire the 10SI GM alternator retro-fit on his 1943 101 jr. It's the tractor he uses to haul around his splitter. His "Woods-Mo-Buggy" so to speak. He hooked the wiring on a branch and ripped it all out... including the idiot light in the dash. It's all back in & working now. Whew.

WOW! Wish I could Help My Dad with a project. He has gone in 94.
Value that time, it is shorter than you can imagine.