Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What did you do WITH your tractor today? ie: plowing, hauling, tilling, etc.

• Please log in to reply
3086 replies to this topic

#601 illinoismf OFFLINE  

illinoismf

• Member No: 1342
  • 0 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted October 15, 2010 - 12:23 PM

new member in illinois, i got my tractor running today, its a massey 1655, bought a new fuel pump last week and that didn't fix it, cleaned the carb x2, and was still having douts if it was going to run, ohh was a feeling of joy i had when it was running, come back to life you old red massey you im sure many of you all have had this feeling many time over dealing with a antique tractor you have come across with a unknown history.
then for more joy i tested the PTO, oh is that the blades i hear spinning? why yes they are, (no need to sweep the garage floor at this point). Ohhh crap it died, (more adjusting on carb,) wonder if a battery would help keep it running, (the car is now minus one battery) ohh that helped.. running again,
lets try in on the grass.... seems to work...cuts level with a nice hard edge,... half the yard later.. back fire... the muffler has now been blown apart...
and the story shall be continued,, and i will finish the grass with my MTD yard man.. but not today.. its getting dark... and off to parts store for new muffler....

#602 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted October 15, 2010 - 12:57 PM

illinoismf:welcometogttalk:glad to have you here with us.

#603 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted October 15, 2010 - 03:03 PM

illinoismf :wave: Welcome to the forum! Those of us in the hobby DEFINITELY know the feeling of which you speak! Kinda stinks about the muffler, but you'll have that!

#604 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,319 Thanks
  • 28,636 posts

Posted October 15, 2010 - 05:15 PM

Not a darned thing for 3 days, suffering from a cold (my kids share well) and there really isn't that much to do... almost wishing the grass would grow faster just to get some seat time. :D

#605 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted October 15, 2010 - 05:26 PM

Not a darned thing for 3 days, suffering from a cold (my kids share well) and there really isn't that much to do... almost wishing the grass would grow faster just to get some seat time. :D

Haven't you got over that yet?

#606 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,319 Thanks
  • 28,636 posts

Posted October 15, 2010 - 07:48 PM

Almost, I believe the Zicam helped. One of the guys at work got it too and has gone home early twice this week. He never misses a day of work unless something is WRONG. Seems to be kind of a nasty little bugger. I hope no one else gets it.

#607 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted October 16, 2010 - 01:03 PM

I haven't had much time to actually do anything with the tractors themselves. I did however get to work on a garden tractor .... talk LOL

I still need to mess with the 1655 and take care of the surging. Might get a chance to work on it tomorrow.

#608 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted October 17, 2010 - 05:49 PM

I took some time off of working on the front porch to put the hood and the side curtains back on the Bolens G11XL. I also (finally) installed the new blades on the mower deck. She's ready to have the deck installed...and I would, if it wouldn't clog up my only walkway through the garage LOL!

#609 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,319 Thanks
  • 28,636 posts

Posted October 17, 2010 - 06:26 PM

Bigger seat time today:smile1:. Got to drive the Fordson, the MH81, MH50, & the TO35. Doing a little shufflin' in the garage, took them all once around to kick off the cobwebs.

#610 pulltilbroke OFFLINE  

pulltilbroke

MMMMmmmm DIESEL

• Contributor
  • Member No: 50
  • 469 Thanks
  • 454 posts

Posted October 17, 2010 - 11:48 PM

Had a busy weekend on the 920 this weekend, Changed the oil and cleaned the oil filter screen thing (switched to Mobil1 5w40 full synthetic), Fixed a small oil leak, cleaned the cooling fins, greased the tractor, Cleaned the deck, put it on and mowed a few yards, washed and waxed it, dug the blower out and serviced it, installed the blower and adjusted the lift height.

Still gotta change the air and fuel filters which will be in tomorow, and gotta fix a small fuel leak on the return manifold and gotta get the cab dug out and put together.

#611 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted October 18, 2010 - 08:37 AM

mulched some leaves on saturday. that's about it.

#612 DMF OFFLINE  

DMF

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1337
  • 10 Thanks
  • 285 posts

Posted October 18, 2010 - 08:58 AM

Used the Cub Cadet 1450 with the PeCo lawn vac system to mow the lawn...maybe for the last time this season?

Used the Massey Ferguson 1552 to try out the "new" Ferguson hay rake I bought. Spent some time Saturday evening wrenching on that...

Looked at a MF 10 with accessories...made an offer which I think will fly...more to follow if this goes through (and I successfuly sneak it back home without my wife seeing it...)

#613 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted October 18, 2010 - 10:08 AM

Nothing with GT's...hauling manure with the "big boys".

#614 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted October 22, 2010 - 02:13 PM

After 6 weeks on crutches the doctor said I can start putting weight on my leg wearing the special support boot. So I went in the garage today and started all 3 of the bolens. It sure was good to hear them run. I was hoping to take them for a drive around the yard but we need to move some other tractors to get them out. Maybe over the weekend when we have time.

#615 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted October 22, 2010 - 02:48 PM

After 6 weeks on crutches the doctor said I can start putting weight on my leg wearing the special support boot. So I went in the garage today and started all 3 of the bolens. It sure was good to hear them run. I was hoping to take them for a drive around the yard but we need to move some other tractors to get them out. Maybe over the weekend when we have time.

Glad to hear that you can get out and about now. That kind of stuff drives me crazy!!! But, there's something about getting to hear those engines run, huh?