Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What did you do WITH your tractor today? ie: plowing, hauling, tilling, etc.

• Please log in to reply
3080 replies to this topic

#526 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted September 20, 2010 - 09:46 PM

Used our PGT 9000 to mow an elderly lady's yard this afternoon. Also used her high-wheel Yazoo to do some trimming. Her husband passed away late May. My wife and I try to help her keep her things in order. We had gotten behind on mowing due to rain and my crazy work schedule, so rather than using her Snapper rear-engine rider, I loaded up our PGT 9000 and took it to her house. She has a little over an acre around her house, and I knew we'd need the extra ooomph of our tractor to get it done this time. I mowed some, but my wife did most of it while I trimmed around the property. I got finished a little before my wife, so I spoke to our friend about bringing home a couple of antique garden implements that her husband had told me I could have, since I had my utility trailer with me. Not sure of the make, but they are both high-wheel, wooden-handled, push-type tools. One has a small furrower on it, the other a five-fingered cultivator. The furrower belonged to our friend's mother (our friend is 84!), and she wasn't sure if the other was passed to them by any other relative or not. Regardless, I'll clean them up and use them proudly!

#527 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,571 Thanks
  • 29,821 posts

Posted September 21, 2010 - 08:13 AM

Yesterday I got the 1655 w/FEL & did some de-cluttering. Moved some stuff out of the way, & hauled some trash/wood with the bucket into the dumpster. Today, more of the same, plus lifting stuff & moving to shop entrance to do some scrapping. Need to take good parts off decks & stuff, then metal scrap the rest. First I gotta unload our last load of shelled corn.

#528 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted September 21, 2010 - 08:48 PM

Having worked all weekend LOTS of hours, today at noon I had my 40 in for the week, so I'm off the rest of the week!!! Got the Cub 123 out and leveled the deck. Nose was low and there were not enough threads on the front hangers to even get close to OK. Had to do some shimming under the rear hangers to drop the rear of the deck down. All good when finished, and it mowed very nicely! Tomorrow, I hope to do some more mowing and trimming, then spend some time in the garden. I need to get my TB Horse out and run it awhile.

I got an email from a guy down the road asking if I'd be interested in his 1961 Springfield tractor. I HATE it when that happens. Too tempting! I don't have room for another tractor, but I'd sure like to get it! My wife would shoot me though. I might go look at it sometime this week. Maybe if I don't act interested, my wife MIGHT suggest I get it!

#529 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted September 23, 2010 - 08:11 AM

I changed the oil in the craftsman gt 5000 last night. I have to return the air filter I bought, grabbed the worng one. Need to set the gap on the plugs I bought for the GT 5000 and get them installed. Still need to clean the carb on it also as it is surging slightly when not under load.

Replaced all the fuel lines on my poulan weed eater. Still isn't running good, need to find a new little fuel filter for it. I didn't see any at TSC the other day.

#530 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,671 Thanks
  • 17,198 posts

Posted September 23, 2010 - 08:15 AM

Yesterday...
Took the restored deck off my 1050 and put it away for the season. Getting the garage cleaned up...

#531 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted September 23, 2010 - 10:43 AM

Yesterday...
Took the restored deck off my 1050 and put it away for the season. Getting the garage cleaned up...

OH oh,that's a sure sign that summer's gone.:D

#532 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,671 Thanks
  • 17,198 posts

Posted September 23, 2010 - 03:48 PM

OH oh,that's a sure sign that summer's gone.:D

Yeah, LOL

I still got my red deck on my other 1050. That green deck is really just for show. I think I only cut with it 3 times LOL

#533 Grumpy OFFLINE  

Grumpy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 440
  • 642 Thanks
  • 578 posts

Posted September 24, 2010 - 08:33 PM

I've been working on a tandem disc. I though I had it done until I tried it out this after noon. The 400 tore it up I need heavier angle iron.

#534 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,583 Thanks
  • 3,898 posts

Posted September 24, 2010 - 10:12 PM

This weekend is the local tractor show so I loaded up the Moline 108, Gravely powered - Gresham Estate Tractor, homemade Case crossmotor replica, Standard Twin, Simplicity M1, Power King 1614, Bantam, Gravely C8, and David Bradley Tri-Trac for the show. I figured that would be enough and I left the other 92 at home.

#535 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,233 Thanks
  • 28,597 posts

Posted September 24, 2010 - 11:15 PM

Worked on the B112, started wight up but won't move. Found the drive belt adjusters are worn out and the key on the drive pulley has "rolled":wallbanging: then I found that the bevel gear lost its key when it slid over, now I have to open the drive up. Oh well. Lesson Learned.

#536 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted September 25, 2010 - 04:25 AM

This weekend is the local tractor show so I loaded up the Moline 108, Gravely powered - Gresham Estate Tractor, homemade Case crossmotor replica, Standard Twin, Simplicity M1, Power King 1614, Bantam, Gravely C8, and David Bradley Tri-Trac for the show. I figured that would be enough and I left the other 92 at home.

Show off :poke:

Just kidding, have fun at the show.

#537 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted September 25, 2010 - 04:26 AM

Worked on the B112, started wight up but won't move. Found the drive belt adjusters are worn out and the key on the drive pulley has "rolled":wallbanging: then I found that the bevel gear lost its key when it slid over, now I have to open the drive up. Oh well. Lesson Learned.

It can never be too easy, that is how we learn. At least that seems to be the way it works for me mostly.

#538 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted September 25, 2010 - 04:27 AM

I am leaving here in about a 1/2 hour to head down to Fawn Grove for the tractor show. I am only staying down today even though the show is tomorrow also. I have more trees to cut down tomorrow.

#539 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted September 25, 2010 - 05:17 AM

I am leaving here in about a 1/2 hour to head down to Fawn Grove for the tractor show. I am only staying down today even though the show is tomorrow also. I have more trees to cut down tomorrow.

Have fun there George.

#540 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,233 Thanks
  • 28,597 posts

Posted September 26, 2010 - 08:44 PM

Removed the Bevel Gear box shaft in the B112, have a friend going to cut a new keyway in the drive end... the original keyway was so worn the key would "roll" about 30-45 degrees. The key looks like an hour-glass from the end. Also took the tines off the tiller, need to build them up where they bolt together. Cleaned the mower deck, (did find a few thin spots), and painted with used motor oil mixed with used 80/90.