Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What did you do WITH your tractor today? ie: plowing, hauling, tilling, etc.

• Please log in to reply
3086 replies to this topic

#481 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted September 08, 2010 - 07:41 PM

Got my push blade all configured to work on my Bush Hog JBI tractor. The blade was made for it, but someone had added reinforcing plate on the plow frame, so it didn't work with the rear pto shaft. The blade came with my 1st JB & it didn't have rear pto, so the added plate worked well with it. I used my plasma cutter to put in cut-outs into the plate for the pulleys & the rear of the shaft. Works great now. My drive was washed from rains (from back when we had rain), so I used it to smooth the drive. Worked super!

#482 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted September 08, 2010 - 08:16 PM

Put a new tube in the Left front tire on the Bolens 1060, changed the air filter, and changed the fuel filter. That seems to have solved the dropping off at full throttle problem. The carb still needs a little fine tuning, but it seems to be running much better now. It's also nice to have it back on all fours. With any luck, tomorrow will be the test drive day!!

#483 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 3,870 posts

Posted September 08, 2010 - 08:53 PM

Oh what a Time.
Bought 200 Lbs of Fertilizer for the new lawn and wanted to get the first 100 spread.
The 1655 with loader and the 475# of Binder weights in the bucket was in the way of the Snapper LT 11 that pulls the 36 in. Scotts spreader.
OK Loader is a capacity so way not put 2 of those 100 LBS weights on the back to Counterbalance the tractor and Hyd. system can handle the loader much easier
First one OK, Second one on my index finger and the puppy is growing. Pain will Probably come tomorrow.
That is the limit for the loader getting its power from the Sunstrad charge pump = 700 PSI if Relief is set to specs. Not had a chance to check and probably will not get to worry about it as the Hdy. system on this think is realy @$$ up and to work correctly we will need to add a secondary pump to run the loader.
Steers very hard and will use the charge pump to supply the power steering system that will be added and NEEDED SHORTLY.
Got the 1655 out of the way and hooked the spreader up to the LT11 and loader with 17-17-17 and spread.
All is good right now but I do expect the pain to come tomorrow. It is big and BLUE right now so you now it will hurt like a @#$%^&*(.

#484 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,414 Thanks
  • 2,118 posts

Posted September 08, 2010 - 09:03 PM

Took the bolens HT23 to the back and hooked up a grain wagon to take out front and put up to sell.

#485 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted September 09, 2010 - 09:05 PM

Played with the Bolens 1060...again. I was trying to figure out why the charging system wasn't working. I looked over the wiring diagram and traced the wire back to its' source, near where I found a charcoal briquette that used to be a diode. Went to Radio shack, picked one up, and installed it. Charging system works and so do the lights now after I replaced the 2 tail lights. I also re-installed the 2 bottom (flywheel side) shroud bolts. Someone long ago removed them and decided it was too difficult to put them back in. They were right...about it being difficult that is! But there's a lot less vibration and noise now.
P.S. I didn't get to the test drive. Maybe tomorrow.

#486 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,208 posts

Posted September 09, 2010 - 09:19 PM

Did more mowing with the Bolens Today

#487 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted September 10, 2010 - 06:27 AM

Loading it this am to take it to the show....... :D
Peter

#488 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted September 10, 2010 - 06:20 PM

Took my Cub #1 tiller apart. Cleaned, primed, and painted. Will let dry overnight, then put it back together tomorrow. Also took the front wheels/tires off of my Speedex 1631. I'll take them to my local tire shop tomorrow to get some tubes installed. While they are off the tractor, I will clean, prime, and paint them, too.

Sorry, no pictures. Wife went to visit her folks and took the camera...... I'll get some pics soon.

#489 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,319 Thanks
  • 28,636 posts

Posted September 10, 2010 - 10:14 PM

Bought a battery for the GT5000. KMART had closeout batteries on sale. I got a 410cca battery for $30, then they knocked $10 off for the core. Installed it tonight & all seems well. Did have to fab a new holder as this battery is larger.

#490 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted September 11, 2010 - 12:24 PM

Shot some paint on my Bush Hog D4-10 and plan on more tomorrow. Love it when I see progress on a project!

#491 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,319 Thanks
  • 28,636 posts

Posted September 11, 2010 - 05:19 PM

Taught my daughter how to change the oil in the GT5000. Cleaned the engine, blew out the air filter. Also verified the Dozer blade was tight on it. Was gonna grease the front & give it a bath (Inspiration via caseguy) but am kid-sitting now till 9, my wife had to go to work.

#492 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,396 posts

Posted September 11, 2010 - 06:57 PM

Took the 317 "Special", L/60 "Custom", 80, 8 HD & 7 carts to a parade about an hour from home!

Attached Thumbnails

• Tractor Shows 2010 001 - Copy.jpg
  • Tractor Shows 2010 003.jpg

#493 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted September 11, 2010 - 07:02 PM

Cool !!!!!

#494 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted September 11, 2010 - 07:39 PM

After her bath last night, when I went to put the Bolens 1060 away for the night, I discovered that she wouldn't start. My oldest son and I pushed her into the garage! When I tore into the problem this morning, I found that the float is FULL! I've never seen a foat fail like this one did. It's not a bad solder joint anywhere. The brass is full of almost microscopic cracks! Gonna take the week off of working on it...'cause thats how long till the new float comes in. I did pick up a diaphragm renewal kit while I was there too. I also worked on the mower deck yesterday. I pulled all the blades and sand blasted the underside, then shot some Rustoleum primer and one coat of gloss black paint on it before bed. This morning I shot a second coat and cleaned up the garage a bit. I now have a walkable path around everything.

#495 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,319 Thanks
  • 28,636 posts

Posted September 13, 2010 - 07:00 AM

Used the GT6000 & trailer to move my table saw to the back shed, then treated the floor in the bldg where I park the GT5000/plow for winter use. Old 2" planks & they were THIRSTY.:beer: 8x8' bldg & it used 6 qts.