Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What did you do WITH your tractor today? ie: plowing, hauling, tilling, etc.

• Please log in to reply
3084 replies to this topic

#466 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,281 Thanks
  • 28,615 posts

Posted September 02, 2010 - 09:12 PM

Came home and did my math homework (son's in 7th & he had some word probs to work thru):confuse:, ran up to Dad's & ran his JD 1010 dozer for a while for him. He's a lot better at it than I am,:blush2: but shouldn't be running stuff too long, he gets to hurting. Then I cut that pipe "weight bar" off the Huskee I just resurrected. Hope to mow some more with it... I'll call it "testing", & then put it out by the road. Good day, family time, seat time, hands dirty. :D

#467 INDIANHEADMAN OFFLINE  

INDIANHEADMAN

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1147
  • 0 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted September 02, 2010 - 10:26 PM

I made myself cut the grass with my 1962 cub cadet and would'nt you know the original clutch failed:( The forty eight year old tractor was running great and then it just stopped. Then I grabed the wheels and then it started moving like nothing was wrong. This was a false feeling as when I stopped it again it would not move with out me turning the wheels by hand it did this all the way back to its parking space. no fear a have a used replacement so soon I will be restoring it a little sooner than planned or at least thats what I told the wife:)

#468 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted September 03, 2010 - 04:42 AM

I hacked up a very large hedge yesterday ,cut it down by three feet in height and by five feet in width.Today I am going to haul all of the brush away with my Bolens 1053.

#469 DGS345 OFFLINE  

DGS345

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 513
  • 16 Thanks
  • 348 posts

Posted September 05, 2010 - 07:42 AM

Well honestly it was yesterday. But you don't want to know. I mowed the grass and the leaves that are starting to fall. and after seeing the leaves.... here is the part you people here up north don't wanna hear. I dug out and hooked up the snow caster to make sure it was all ready to go..

#470 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,681 Thanks
  • 17,203 posts

Posted September 05, 2010 - 07:47 AM

Well honestly it was yesterday. But you don't want to know. I mowed the grass and the leaves that are starting to fall. and after seeing the leaves.... here is the part you people here up north don't wanna hear. I dug out and hooked up the snow caster to make sure it was all ready to go..

I did the same a week ago. Hooked up the snow caster to the Bolens and let it run for 10 minutes.

#471 grnspot110 OFFLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,395 posts

Posted September 05, 2010 - 04:33 PM

Used the L/60 & #10 cart to finish mulching & pick up some sticks.

Then pulled the broken tranny out of the 74-112. Just need to switch the brake unit & bolt the replacement in! ~~ grnspot110

#472 ducky ONLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,626 Thanks
  • 3,867 posts

Posted September 05, 2010 - 09:16 PM

Played with the new FEL on the 1655.

#473 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,413 Thanks
  • 2,115 posts

Posted September 05, 2010 - 09:26 PM

Just did a little maintance to the bolens adjusted the valves and so on.

#474 ACecil OFFLINE  

ACecil

• Member No: 412
  • 406 Thanks
  • 319 posts

Posted September 05, 2010 - 10:07 PM

Yesterday, we pulled our tomato plants up, so I put the 100 and #2 cart to work.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#475 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted September 05, 2010 - 11:05 PM

I played with my new Bolens 1060 from the time I got home from work till almost bedtime. Repaired all of the mouse damage I could find and un-cobbled the wiring "repairs" done by the previous owner. Took apart the original PTO switch and burnished the contacts, Rewired the tail lights, soldered the armature wire back to the kill switch, and creatively re-insulated the plug wire. Tomorrow it's fuel system time!

#476 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted September 07, 2010 - 03:04 PM

I worked on the Bolens 1060's fuel system for the holiday, which was, of course, yesterday actually. I removed the fuel tank and flushed it out. It REALLY needed it!! I removed the screen from the tank and the fuel filter and cleaned them. I removed the (pump) from the side of the carburetor and cleaned it out and also cleaned the diaphragm, which had some crusty dried up varnish on it. Reassembled the whole mess and she runs! I noticed after all of that work that the filter is leaking ever so slightly under gravity pressure and the engine dies at top RPM's. I'm thinking that it's sucking air when I throttle up. I will replace the filter when I get some cash. For the story behind no cash, see my post titled "Unbelievable" in the "off topic" forum!

#477 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,681 Thanks
  • 17,203 posts

Posted September 07, 2010 - 06:49 PM

Today I mowed the neighbors yard with the Bolens for about an hour and a half because his JD broke....

#478 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,630 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted September 07, 2010 - 07:57 PM

Backed Chuck's future Ford 165 & my Massey 2055 out of the shed to get to the JB parts tractor. Took the belly lift mechanism off this JB & put on my newest bought JB. Then I put the snow blade on to find some things need modified a bit to clear the rear PTO power shaft. Someone messed with the tie rod too, so it will need put back to stock to clear the blade frame. Never could use this blade because I had none of the lift hardware. Glad the parts JB had all the parts.

#479 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted September 07, 2010 - 08:35 PM

Spent a couple of hours with the wire brush wheel on my bench grinder brushing some parts off of the #1 tiller that came with my Cub 123. Sprayed some primer, then shot a light coat of paint on the parts. Some day, this tiller will look good again! Luckily, it came with all parts and covers and the sheet metal is all straight. Not looking for a like-new finish, but do want it to look decent and protect well. I'll be using this equipment, so don't want a showroom finish to stress about!

#480 Grumpy OFFLINE  

Grumpy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 440
  • 642 Thanks
  • 578 posts

Posted September 08, 2010 - 04:24 PM

I did a rering job on one of my pulling motoes today. A friend of mine needs to use it this weekend.
His motor dose not run well and never has' don't know why, I' had it apart a dozen times and can't find anything.
It's a stock 12 with a steel fly wheel. Every thing else is stock.