Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What did you do WITH your tractor today? ie: plowing, hauling, tilling, etc.

• Please log in to reply
3080 replies to this topic

#451 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,623 Thanks
  • 3,860 posts

Posted August 23, 2010 - 10:01 AM

Sunday worked the front yard and around the back of the house to dry it out enough to plant some lawn.
Played hooky from work today as I have a window to get it in between rains and hopefully not have it wash away.

#452 brzezinski01 OFFLINE  

brzezinski01

• Contributor
  • Member No: 632
  • 4 Thanks
  • 73 posts

Posted August 30, 2010 - 07:16 PM

Finally got the 212 running ended up being both the coil and condenser. now tommorrow I can g catch up on all the yards I am supposed to be mowing.

#453 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,266 Thanks
  • 28,606 posts

Posted August 30, 2010 - 07:54 PM

Took my 5 month old for a ride on the GT6000 to give her something different to do and new stuff look at. It was very cute, every time she saw something that caught her interest, she'd flap her arms, kick, & say "OOOO - OOOO - OOOO".

#454 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,680 Thanks
  • 17,200 posts

Posted August 30, 2010 - 08:00 PM

Today I put my deck back on my 1050 and mowed for a bit for the first time since I rebuilt the engine. What a difference in power! :dancingbanana:

#455 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,602 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted August 31, 2010 - 07:44 PM

You know, I didn't touch a arm or garden tractor today...oh wait, yes I did, fed silage with the MF285. Other than that, spent the day milking this am, then fixing a frost proof waterer, then put metal on outside of chicken barn...on the sunny side no less. Tractors would have been more fun!

#456 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,602 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted September 02, 2010 - 10:31 AM

Mowed some around the silage pits with the JD 935, then mowed side yard with the Kubota. Dang is is dusty as all get-out! Sure wish it would rain. Only thing really growing is crab grass.

#457 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted September 02, 2010 - 11:48 AM

Cut grass with the MF 1655 [Grandson]& GC 2300[myself] yesterday.Hasn't been cut in 2 weeks,it was badly in need of a cut.We were away for 2 weeks on a holiday. We were lucky we did it when we did as we got 1 1/2" of rain overnight.It's very wet here,looks like farmers are going to have a tough time getting crops off again.It's good to be home and start getting some seat time on the tractor again.Larry

#458 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,602 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted September 02, 2010 - 01:01 PM

Ahhhg!! Been mowing more around the manure pit & hay roll barn. Man, dust is so bad I can hardly see! Not just dust from dry ground, but the dry crab grass clippings from last mowing. I could have waited, but there were slick areas I couldn't get last go round & "may" be some rain in the morning, so got it cut today. I much prefer Springtime/early summer mowing! The hydro in the JD 935 needs topped off. Can tell she's a bit below add.

#459 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,395 posts

Posted September 02, 2010 - 04:56 PM

Took the JD 74-112 with the #10 cart out to trim & chip some trees. Transmission broke on the 112 (I have a spare). Got the JD 83-420 out to bring in the 112 & finish the job! After chipping with the Troybilt 10HP chipper/shredder, I got the 790 w/loader out & mulched some shrubbery, until it started raining!

Need to bring in some more mulch this Fall! ~~ grnspot110

Attached Thumbnails

• 001 - Copy.jpg
  • 004.jpg

#460 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,413 Thanks
  • 2,115 posts

Posted September 02, 2010 - 05:05 PM

Me and the neighbor got bored so we hooked the tractors together and had a pull.I used the bolens HT23 and he had a jd2210 with a loader.You can guess the outcome but the bolens pulled his setup about 15 feet on blacktop then he put his in 4x4 and did the same to me so we called it a draw LOL.

#461 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted September 02, 2010 - 05:58 PM

Bob,sounds like you had a little fun today.:D

#462 SandburRanch OFFLINE  

SandburRanch

• Member No: 835
  • 0 Thanks
  • 27 posts

Posted September 02, 2010 - 06:02 PM

Ahhhg!! Been mowing more around the manure pit & hay roll barn. Man, dust is so bad I can hardly see! Not just dust from dry ground, but the dry crab grass clippings from last mowing. I could have waited, but there were slick areas I couldn't get last go round & "may" be some rain in the morning, so got it cut today. I much prefer Springtime/early summer mowing! The hydro in the JD 935 needs topped off. Can tell she's a bit below add.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dust has caused me to resort to mowing early morning with heavy dew. Sure it kicks out a clump on occasion but I get it the next mowing. To me it's well worth it to have a water mist exiting at 70°F as opposed to dust at 95°F late afternoon. The Briggs and I are both air cooled.:D

#463 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,413 Thanks
  • 2,115 posts

Posted September 02, 2010 - 06:14 PM

Bob,sounds like you had a little fun today.:D

Yea the best part was his wife laughing when i pulled his 3 cylinder desiel around like it was not there.

#464 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,680 Thanks
  • 17,200 posts

Posted September 02, 2010 - 06:20 PM

Yea the best part was his wife laughing when i pulled his 3 cylinder desiel around like it was not there.

Never mess with a BOLENS! :dancingbanana:

Sounds like it was a good time

#465 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted September 02, 2010 - 08:37 PM

On my Cub 123 that I recently acquired, I have been needing to drain the hydro fluid and replace the filter. This afternoon, I got it drained and cleaned out (didn't need much, it looks real clean in there!!), and replaced the filter. Tomorrow, I should be receiving a gasket for the hydro rear cover, then I can put it back together and fill it up with fluid. I also cleaned the 90* gearbox that drives the #1 tiller. Tomorrow, I'll check the fluid in it, then mount it back on the tractor.

This evening, we're getting some much-needed rain! Look at zip code 72712 on the Weather Channel website and you'll see a big line of storms rolling thru!

72712 Weather Forecast and Conditions