Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What did you do WITH your tractor today? ie: plowing, hauling, tilling, etc.

• Please log in to reply
3084 replies to this topic

#436 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,630 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted August 17, 2010 - 07:05 PM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I believe if it were possible to do a study of rolled tractors we may be surprised how many were rolled because of tire failure when the tractor was on the borderline of too much incline. One problem with gathering the information is; if the operator lives he may not know the tire failed before it rolled and if he died we certainly will leave that information space blank.

Bound to be many rolled that were on their limit before a tire went flat. Good thing for me, this F935 Front Mower is next to impossible to roll, unless dropped into a culvert or deep ditch, which I don't get near.

#437 Deck_Drive OFFLINE  

Deck_Drive

collector of sears

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 736
  • 96 Thanks
  • 348 posts

Posted August 17, 2010 - 08:59 PM

Well today I had to get my suburban running RIGHT! then I took it for a drive and mower a little before it sucks up the gas.
But I had fun. Though, with the exhaust straight up I get the fumes RIGHT in my face, now I have a headache

#438 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted August 21, 2010 - 02:04 PM

Got the Cub 123 out this morning and tilled some of the garden. Man, is it hot and dusty! We really need some rain!
Then, sharpened the blades on a Yazoo push mower, a Snapper push mower (cleaned the deck while I was there), and on the Cub 123's mower. Had to work like heck to get the nuts loose on the blades. I don't think they have been off in MANY years. Cleaned that deck and lubed the spindles. I need to find a deflector chute for that deck.

Edited by nra1ifer, August 21, 2010 - 02:24 PM.

#439 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,630 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted August 21, 2010 - 06:16 PM

My day off, so got everyone up & shot to town. Women folk wanted to shop some, so dropped them off & went to the paint shop. Got my acrylic enamel paints, picked them up, took them to another store, then shot home to shoot paint. Got all the yellow shot, then got everything ready to paint some red tomorrow. Been a great day off in my book! Nothing better than getting a lot done on a tractor project!
Also started the Ford LGT165 & drove a little just for kicks. That tractor runs like a new one!

#440 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted August 21, 2010 - 06:54 PM

I had one of the big toys out today (the 1952 Case SC) for a 20.8 mile road tour to a local retirement home. Fun (and cookies) was had by all.

#441 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,630 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted August 21, 2010 - 07:04 PM

I had one of the big toys out today (the 1952 Case SC) for a 20.8 mile road tour to a local retirement home. Fun (and cookies) was had by all.

Sounds like a real good day for you! As long as no troubles, that's a great way to spend time, plus a kick for the older folks at the home. I'm sure they loved it as much or more than yourself.
  • caseguy said thank you

#442 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted August 21, 2010 - 07:40 PM

That sounds like a fun ride! I don't remember the year, but I used to have an SC Case. It belonged to my dad when I was a kid. We used it to work the ground for our little corn patch. The muffler broke off one time, when we were plowing, so we stuck a 4 foot piece of down spout over the broken pipe to keep the exhaust out of our faces. We never did replace the muffler. When the engine got warmed up, and you were working it real hard, it would blow smoke rings out that piece of down spout. Being a kid, I thought that was pretty "cool"!
  • caseguy said thank you

#443 fordmustang1984 OFFLINE  

fordmustang1984

Tractorholic

• Member No: 27
  • 23 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted August 21, 2010 - 08:01 PM

Well i decided to pull my Wonderboy 700 Simplicity out of the weeds and fix the tranny 2 days ago. I got it out, apart, and most of the front back together. Next i gotta get the NLA gear that broke welded, and put the tranny back in. Then i put the tires on my homemade tractor yesterday, and rolled it outside. It now has the tranny for that sitting on its brackets as of today, and was rolled back inside just in time for me to clean the garage.

#444 wawcub47 OFFLINE  

wawcub47

• Member No: 852
  • 68 Thanks
  • 167 posts

Posted August 21, 2010 - 09:32 PM

I went to a tractor show in Falmouth Ky,took my bestest buddy Garry, my cub cadet 70,and his # 80john deere cart. Great show. going to bethlehem Ky next week.

#445 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,681 Thanks
  • 17,203 posts

Posted August 21, 2010 - 09:43 PM

Got the lawn mowed just before the rain started moving in. 1st good rain fall in a very long time....

#446 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted August 21, 2010 - 10:23 PM

I hauled a dozen tractors back out to the pole shed I rent for storage. I filled all the gas tanks and gave them a good shot of Sea Foam in the gas and let them run for a half hour and refilled the gas tanks beforer putting them away.

#447 ducky ONLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,626 Thanks
  • 3,867 posts

Posted August 21, 2010 - 11:25 PM

Mowed the front yard to get a little seat time after cleaning in the shop all day.

#448 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted August 23, 2010 - 05:13 AM

MH81,Nice !!!!!!
  • MH81 said thank you

#449 grnspot110 OFFLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,395 posts

Posted August 23, 2010 - 06:16 AM

Unloaded the 317 "Special", L/60 "Custom", all the carts & the 74-112 after a tractor show yesterday. Need to mow the yard with the F525 today! ~~ grnspot110

Attached Thumbnails

• HPIM1808 - Copy.jpg
  • HPIM1810 - Copy.jpg
  • GARDEN TRACTORS 634 (Small).jpg

#450 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted August 23, 2010 - 07:37 AM

Used the Ford to pull the double lawn sweepers again this weekend. Make sweeping the yard so much faster.