Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What did you do WITH your tractor today? ie: plowing, hauling, tilling, etc.

• Please log in to reply
3086 replies to this topic

#421 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted August 14, 2010 - 09:43 AM

I took the mower deck off of my new (to me) Cub 123 and attached the #1 tiller. Did some tilling in the garden. I was going down one of the hilled rows, high-centered and got stuck. It was too dark to shovel my way out, so I'll get to do that in the morning. (Tiller worked great, though! Operator troubles will be overcome, eventually..... LOL)

Got the 123 dug out yesterday morning and tilled for a couple of hours. This little beast still amazes me how well-built it is. Everything about it is HEAVY! Put's the new ones to shame!

#422 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,315 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted August 14, 2010 - 01:24 PM

Finished the deck and put on sharpened blades. http://t3.gstatic.co...q15XeHjmwvMg=My Hydro-Gear filter came USPS today, so changed oil in rear end & engine,http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTY23RKPOn_VdI26zH5QCJB_a2C6TuDxCWklhSbIVB3CCJVNTo&t=1&usg=__r2xL_lRE1Ane1evq15XeHjmwvMg= inspected the belt (still ok, but 15 yrs old & starting to be too long) Found one at NAPA and bought it / installed it.http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTY23RKPOn_VdI26zH5QCJB_a2C6TuDxCWklhSbIVB3CCJVNTo&t=1&usg=__r2xL_lRE1Ane1evq15XeHjmwvMg= Mowed my yard. YEAH:smile1: Neighbor saw me & came over with a beer. YEAH:smile1: May be going on a bike ride with the kids now... It's a good day.

#423 daytime dave ONLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted August 14, 2010 - 05:27 PM

Today, I took out the elec trak and pulled a wagon to the sweet corn. My fiance actually wanted to drive. We filled up on corn. Any excuse to take the elec trak out!
:bounce:

#424 Deck_Drive OFFLINE  

Deck_Drive

collector of sears

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 736
  • 96 Thanks
  • 348 posts

Posted August 14, 2010 - 08:36 PM

I converted the spindles on my suburban from bolts to C clips that hold the hubs on. (A fun fact: the hubs are made out of the original rims)

#425 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,630 Thanks
  • 3,869 posts

Posted August 14, 2010 - 10:48 PM

Hauled the LT11, 2 1650s, and a 1655 to the Chilton show.
Man was it HOT!

#426 Deck_Drive OFFLINE  

Deck_Drive

collector of sears

• GTt Junior
  • 96 Thanks
  • 348 posts

Posted August 15, 2010 - 10:47 PM

I got my Sears suburban 12 to have spark, now I need to get it to run.

#427 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted August 16, 2010 - 09:58 AM

Didn't use my tractors any, but I welded the deck hanger back on my Father-in-laws lawn mower's deck.

#428 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted August 16, 2010 - 10:21 AM

I haven't had a chance to do much lately with my tractors other then getting the pushrods put back in the tractor the previous homeowner left for us and then yesterday I managed to spend a little time working on the Massey MF12. I worked on straightening the hinge point and welding part of the headlight plate the was tearing. I am also going to get the one good grill trim piece put on it and then sandblast the parts grill I have and paint it and then the front of the MF12 will be like new minus paint until she gets restored.

#429 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted August 16, 2010 - 06:48 PM

Used loader and chain on the Sears 16/6 to move some of my Allis B bits and pieces to one spot and up on a couple pallets to get them off the ground and out of the middle of the yard.
Peter

#430 Deck_Drive OFFLINE  

Deck_Drive

collector of sears

• GTt Junior
  • 96 Thanks
  • 348 posts

Posted August 16, 2010 - 10:11 PM

Well, I got it running, and it runs nice, but it drains the battery quickly. I need to give it a good charge.

#431 Tomkin OFFLINE  

Tomkin

• Member No: 1034
  • 0 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted August 17, 2010 - 12:35 PM

Started to tear down my Simplicity 7790's Lombardini Diesel engine for rebuild. Has anyone had and experience in rebuilding Lombardini Diesels?

#432 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted August 17, 2010 - 01:32 PM

Was mowing the steep roadside with my John Deere F935.Must have creeled the tire & blew the tube & lost my ballast mix. Limped in on the flat. Hope the tire will be ok. It's an old tire, but looked to be ok, but we'll see. Right now I'll just stick a turf wheel/tire assembly to finish the mowing.

#433 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted August 17, 2010 - 04:35 PM

Finished all of my lawns yesterday,that's about 5 hours on the tractor and a couple more for the trimming around all of the trees,and I have a lot of trees.

#434 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted August 17, 2010 - 04:48 PM

Just finished rolling around 50 round bales of alfalfa/orchard grass with my Massey 2745...nope, not a GT, but a tractor none the less.:D

#435 SandburRanch OFFLINE  

SandburRanch

• Member No: 835
  • 0 Thanks
  • 27 posts

Posted August 17, 2010 - 05:14 PM

Was mowing the steep roadside with my John Deere F935.Must have creeled the tire & blew the tube & lost my ballast mix. Limped in on the flat. Hope the tire will be ok. It's an old tire, but looked to be ok, but we'll see. Right now I'll just stick a turf wheel/tire assembly to finish the mowing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I believe if it were possible to do a study of rolled tractors we may be surprised how many were rolled because of tire failure when the tractor was on the borderline of too much incline. One problem with gathering the information is; if the operator lives he may not know the tire failed before it rolled and if he died we certainly will leave that information space blank.