Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What did you do WITH your tractor today? ie: plowing, hauling, tilling, etc.

• Please log in to reply
3086 replies to this topic

#376 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted July 08, 2010 - 09:10 PM

I hauled dad's Bolens 800, my Massey MF8 and Cub 147 down to the Fawn Grove tractor show and setup the tent and table. Going back down first thing in the morning for the show.

Have a good time and a safe trip, George!

#377 shallowwatersailor OFFLINE  

shallowwatersailor

Tractorholic

• Member No: 812
  • 87 Thanks
  • 73 posts

Posted July 09, 2010 - 09:35 PM

I cut my grass, and greased it when finished. I also worked on one of my carts.

#378 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted July 09, 2010 - 10:09 PM

I used the MF1855's FEL to carry a MF12 complete chassis minus wheels/tires to my shop. LOVE that loader!!!!!!

#379 fordmustang1984 OFFLINE  

fordmustang1984

Tractorholic

• Member No: 27
  • 23 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted July 10, 2010 - 05:12 PM

Absolutlely NOTHING I put 2 in the shed and thats it. Its raining, wet, and theres nothing to be done. OCH, you getting another MF12 going?

#380 Bud OFFLINE  

Bud

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 650
  • 341 Thanks
  • 404 posts

Posted July 10, 2010 - 06:13 PM

Got the yard mowed with the Craftsman and did the cleanup with the MF7 and tried out my dump cart. Sure a lot better than multiple trips with the old wheelbarrel, plus I can dump out in the pasture for the stock. I have been watching for a GT with a sickle mower. Got an e-mail from someone who said he has a Wards with a sickle mower. Said he would send me some pictures. He's about 6 hours away but thats probably about as close as I'll find. IMGP1521.jpg

#381 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted July 10, 2010 - 06:16 PM

OCH, you getting another MF12 going?

No, just taking a couple parts off it. I bought this MF12H from the scrap yard for parts.

#382 Petenpole OFFLINE  

Petenpole

• Contributor
  • Member No: 70
  • 145 Thanks
  • 149 posts

Posted July 11, 2010 - 07:03 AM

Yesterday for me was day spent in the paint booth.2 months ago an old friend of my fathers asked me to restore his Panzer T75. It was a complete tractor in need of TLC some new parts and had the engine changed from a B&S to a Kohler. In return I got a complete spare T75. In the process good ole dad says if you restore his you have to do mine ( dad has a T70) cause I found you one for free.

Free always has a price dont kid yourself.

2 of the units dad's and his friends have been disassembled, and sandblasted.

Yesterday I got one frame, 2 hoods, 2 grilles, one mower deck and all of the remaining small pieces for Dad's and his friends in the paint booth, ( ran out of room for the engines, and 2nd frame) and started painting.

All pieces with primed in self etching primer, hoods followed in primer and blocked. Then a white selaer was applied, followed by a custom mixed pant. I am shooting Nasons Urethane.

These pictures were taken with the cell phone less than an hour after the last application. Next weekend I paint 2 engines, a second frame and some extra new pices being shipped. Once all of the Turqouise is shot I will do the steering wheels, the main shaft drive, and wheels in white Imron. Have some laying around.

Then new tires and reassymble.

When these are done then I can mine ( remember the free one!)

I will attach pictures as we get closer to being finished.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3332[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3329[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3327[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]3331[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]3333[/ATTACH]

#383 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted July 11, 2010 - 07:17 PM

I used the old John Deere 112 to mow my land up behind the house. I really gave it a workout as I mowed down some tall grass and small brush to clear an area for planting some raspberries next year.

#384 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted July 12, 2010 - 08:59 AM

Mowed yesterday and lawn swept with the craftsman. Pulled the deck after mowing to clean it and check it out. got hung up on a small stump that was hiding in the tall grass and think i knocked the deck out of alignment. After that it got caught on root. Will take some pictures of the damage.

Yesterday was the first time I ever drove the Craftsman with out a mower deck under it. It was almost a little tippy feeling. I have been thinking about filling the rears and will for sure now.

#385 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted July 16, 2010 - 08:18 PM

Pulled my PGT 9000 out of the shed this morning, along with the push mower. Did some trimming with the push mower, then it started POURING down rain, so it all went right back into the shed. Got soaked before I got them put up. It was hot and sunny at first, then it rained nicely into the afternoon. Cooled off real nice. Spent the afternoon peeling potatoes and getting them ready to can. Cut 14 quarts of potatoes. They are pressure canning now. I still have at least 20 quarts left to do. (12 quarts already in the cupboard!)

#386 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted July 16, 2010 - 08:22 PM

Used the MF1855 w/FEL to finish loading trailer of salvage steel. Hard to believe what these little machines can do with a loader.

#387 Richard OFFLINE  

Richard

• Member No: 836
  • 3 Thanks
  • 15 posts

Posted July 17, 2010 - 09:44 AM

i had the molbord plow on my wheel horse 604 yesterday i sill have some problums with it

#388 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted July 17, 2010 - 08:38 PM

Pulled my PGT 9000 out of the shed this morning, along with the push mower. Did some trimming with the push mower, then it started POURING down rain, so it all went right back into the shed. Got soaked before I got them put up. It was hot and sunny at first, then it rained nicely into the afternoon. Cooled off real nice. Spent the afternoon peeling potatoes and getting them ready to can. Cut 14 quarts of potatoes. They are pressure canning now. I still have at least 20 quarts left to do. (12 quarts already in the cupboard!)

Well, it was a sunny, hot day here today. Got the stuff out again and mowed the yard. Used the clippings for much in the garden.

#389 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,335 Thanks
  • 28,642 posts

Posted July 18, 2010 - 03:48 PM

Took the tighteners off the chains and installed the (2) 75# generic wheel weights I bought at the show this wknd. For plastic & sand, they're in great shape & even came with the bolts. Heavy tho. I don't think I got ripped off at $50 for the pair. (asking $60) I saw the same thing online for $125 + s/h.

The guy next to him wanted $70 for a pair of "Cub" 25# weights, but they didn't have any markings @ all... may have been reproduction. The new paint job was brush-applied farmall red with a "primer" of ferrous oxide.

#390 Steebo72 OFFLINE  

Steebo72

• Member No: 876
  • 0 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted July 21, 2010 - 09:34 AM

I'm working on mounting a mower deck onto my MF12. Just got the belts yesterday and now straightening some bends in the mounting bracket. Hopefully I can mow with it this weekend.