Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What did you do WITH your tractor today? ie: plowing, hauling, tilling, etc.

• Please log in to reply
3080 replies to this topic

#301 DGS345 OFFLINE  

DGS345

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 513
  • 16 Thanks
  • 348 posts

Posted May 29, 2010 - 07:35 PM

What gear did you use?

second gear hi range most of the time my lawn is pretty flat

#302 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,670 Thanks
  • 17,197 posts

Posted May 29, 2010 - 09:58 PM

second gear hi range most of the time my lawn is pretty flat

I use 2nd as well

#303 chopperfreak2k1 OFFLINE  

chopperfreak2k1

Tractorholic

• Member No: 300
  • 17 Thanks
  • 431 posts

Posted May 30, 2010 - 05:15 PM

i've been mowing for the passed 2 days. friday i mowed my grandmother's property without a hitch, about 3 and 1/2 hours seat time. and yesterday i mowed one of my dads properties. the weeds were 3 or 4 inches higher then the hood on my Sears! got most of it knocked down then my brother wanted to run the sweeper so i let him. he caught the only rut on the whole property just the right way and ripped my front axle out from underneath. wasn't his fault but he felt bad. i'll get some pix up probably tonight. still i got about 3 hours seat time for the day.

#304 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,670 Thanks
  • 17,197 posts

Posted May 30, 2010 - 06:30 PM

Today I drove the 800 out of the garage and washed it. It was getting dusty LOL :D

#305 broken2 OFFLINE  

broken2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 85
  • 279 Thanks
  • 425 posts

Posted May 30, 2010 - 06:58 PM

Hooked the mf12h up to the trailer, grabbed the chain saw and went out in the woods to get a few loads of fire wood. I'm hosting the neighborhood bonfire tonight. Tractor and saw ran great, good times.

#306 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,670 Thanks
  • 17,197 posts

Posted May 30, 2010 - 07:02 PM

Hooked the mf12h up to the trailer, grabbed the chain saw and went out in the woods to get a few loads of fire wood. I'm hosting the neighborhood bonfire tonight. Tractor and saw ran great, good times.

Sounds like its going to be a fun evening! :thumbs:

#307 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,585 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted May 30, 2010 - 08:35 PM

Burned 5gal. of gas in the Ramsome 3 wheeler cutting grass at my place and my neighbors.

#308 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 31, 2010 - 06:22 AM

I got the electric pto fixed on the 1655 yesterday in the midst of moving stuff. Thanks to Daniel for sending me the pieces the rivets he sent worked perfect. I also tore apart the electric lift on the Cub 147 and found the one gear was missing three teeth which is what I was expecting. I have the gear on order, $106 shipped for a gear not much bigger then a half dollar LOL.

#309 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,564 Thanks
  • 29,819 posts

Posted May 31, 2010 - 09:45 AM

I got the electric pto fixed on the 1655 yesterday in the midst of moving stuff. Thanks to Daniel for sending me the pieces the rivets he sent worked perfect. I also tore apart the electric lift on the Cub 147 and found the one gear was missing three teeth which is what I was expecting. I have the gear on order, $106 shipped for a gear not much bigger then a half dollar LOL.

Glad to hear the pto is fixed! I think the rivets I sent will be strong enough to last. They were all i could find, and had to shorten them a bit. So you decided not to attempt welding the spring finger? Lots of work to do over, so guess that prompted you to replace it.
OUCH on that gear price! Would never thought it that high!

#310 dyt4000 OFFLINE  

dyt4000

• Contributor
  • Member No: 405
  • 17 Thanks
  • 74 posts

Posted May 31, 2010 - 11:15 AM

Mowed the grass again...Me on my Wheel Horse and my son on his Cub Cadet 127...it's a good day!

#311 pulltilbroke OFFLINE  

pulltilbroke

MMMMmmmm DIESEL

• Contributor
  • Member No: 50
  • 469 Thanks
  • 454 posts

Posted May 31, 2010 - 11:12 PM

Well I havn't done anything with my tractors since saturday but Friday I mowed My sisters, My folks and my yard then Saturday I mowed A good friends yard. It is a 1 city block square with lots of trees and obstacles. only took me about 2.5 hours to do it.

Heres a pic of a small part of my buddys yard, did my best to do a decent stripe job.

Attached Thumbnails

• 1556 001..jpg

#312 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,564 Thanks
  • 29,819 posts

Posted June 02, 2010 - 02:05 PM

Got the 1855 w/FEL out yesterday & loaded 2 manure spreaders full of calf bedding. After fluid filling the rears, plus adding another 40lb cast weight to the rear of frame, I can do serious stall cleaning with it. Not the little calf stalls this time, but the "group pens" that have sawdust, & lots of hay, plus the manure. I was likely pulling 300 to 400lbs at a lick. The spreader is like 4'x8' and I stacked it about 3' tall. Took just 10 minutes or so till fill. Still plan to add wheel weights on the rear too when money or time to make some appears. But of course I can't do anything lately without something breaking....and no, not the Massey....the manure spreader floor chain came off it's idlers on side of hill unloading. Broke a link & had none, so welded a 1/4" bolt piece to replace the side of link missing. The main prob was the bed chain ran on one side after other side broke & had the chain at an angle with at least a ton of manure on top. Finally log chained to the chain, hooked other end to tractor's right axle, then ever so slowly made a left turn. Pulled the chain right up to right spot, then fixed the chain. Gotta pick up some chain links now. No pics this time....busy work doesn't give me time to do. I'll take some shots of what I've been doing this afternoon.

#313 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted June 02, 2010 - 08:11 PM

Sound like a busy day for you Daniel. Those chains never break when the spreader is empty, do they?!!!

#314 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,564 Thanks
  • 29,819 posts

Posted June 02, 2010 - 08:25 PM

Pics of cleaning manure with 1855.
DSC00130..jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC00137..jpg
  • DSC00139..jpg
  • DSC00136..jpg

#315 fordmustang1984 OFFLINE  

fordmustang1984

Tractorholic

• Member No: 27
  • 23 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted June 02, 2010 - 09:15 PM

Not bad. Today i mowed some of the lawn with 3 different tractors. The first being one of the 1971 MF12H's, the second being the 1973 MF12G with the deck, and finally the 90's craftsman LT. The 12H had a stalling problem again, cutting out every 5 minutes of so. The 12G was a pain with its slipping belts, so I resurected the LT since it was the only other tractor with gas. It started and ran fine,and cut good as any tractor being used for the first time after sitting for about 3-4 months. Then I looked into the axle i'm shortening for the homemade tractor. It has 3 damaged teeth on the ring gear, but will work fine till i have money for another set of gears to fit the 37 year old axle.