Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What did you do WITH your tractor today? ie: plowing, hauling, tilling, etc.

• Please log in to reply
3086 replies to this topic

#2371 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted March 10, 2014 - 08:18 AM

Yesterday was spent breaking down and modifying the old studded bar tire chains from the front wheel of the Heston to fit the Squire 9, started on the rear bracket weight also.

#2372 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted March 10, 2014 - 08:56 AM

I didn't get as much seat time as I would like but our ground is so soft and wet that I would just kill a bunch of grass if I drove on it too much. I did use the Kubota to pull the deck from the mow'n machine around back to the shed. I love my 3pt hitch!

Edited by twostep, March 10, 2014 - 08:57 AM.

#2373 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted March 10, 2014 - 10:47 AM

Just used the MF1655D's FEL to move some number 3 rock to Teresa's flower garden.

• KennyP said thank you

#2374 bja105 OFFLINE  

bja105
  • Member No: 10485
  • 196 Thanks
  • 191 posts

Posted March 10, 2014 - 12:55 PM

With my big tractor down for a while (Ford 4610), I used my Ford 80 to haul some supplies to my calves temporary quarters in the garden. With pallets, T-posts, and corrugated roofing, I built a three sided shed. I added some junk hay as bedding, and they were using it as soon as I finished.

In warmer weather, I take my four little boys on long rides around the farm and woods. The dog likes to run with us, too. When I started driving the little Ford, the dog ran all around, happy to have somewhere to go with me. We didn't go far, so she had to be happy rolling in cow manure. A least she is all white, and you can see it on her before she gets on the couch.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394474117.534714.jpg

#2375 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted March 10, 2014 - 03:27 PM

Spring was in the air here today and so were fumes from the KT17 in my JD317. :rolling: It was cold but the sun was out so I decided to wake up the 317 after a 3 month nap. It started up after a bit of cranking but it smoked pretty bad for the first minute or so. It's a series 1 and a bit noisy so this may be it's last spring. :boo_hoo:  

Took it up the driveway and back then went out in the back yard, got stuck in some snow, backed out of that and then got stuck backing up a gravel hill. Had to turn around to get enough speed to get back up the hill to the front of the house. Heres some pics. I was going to put the missing side cover back on but it didn't want to fit and my hands got too cold to fuss with it today. 

DSCF9707.jpg

DSCF9708.jpg

• KennyP said thank you

#2376 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,115 Thanks
  • 3,205 posts

Posted March 10, 2014 - 04:30 PM

fixed flat tire on mf 12  which i fixed yesterday  which i fixed 2 months ago  which i fixed 2 months before that and it rarely goes out side this time of year other than to play with the loader in the snow. mentioning snow getting another storm this week . getting tired of snow.  wanting to plant potatoes soon but not here in PEI. So any ideas how to help from getting so many flat tires. lots of garden tractors so that means alot of tires. Noel  

#2377 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted March 10, 2014 - 04:45 PM

Spring was in the air here today and so were fumes from the KT17 in my JD317. :rolling: It was cold but the sun was out so I decided to wake up the 317 after a 3 month nap. It started up after a bit of cranking but it smoked pretty bad for the first minute or so.  

Same here today Brian.  I just parked my John Deere 430 after actually mowing behind my shed.  There was enough green that I got a whiff of that wonderful smell of fresh cut spring grass!  :dancingbanana:   But like you, I found an issue, or rather heard it.  When I crank the 430, or shut it off, something is clanking hard.  I think the muffler bracket is broken.  I knew it was cracking last year, but think it's in serious need of welding now.  Was great mowing the 5 minutes or so!  :thumbs:

• IamSherwood and trowel have said thanks

#2378 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted March 10, 2014 - 08:47 PM

Same here today Brian.  I just parked my John Deere 430 after actually mowing behind my shed.  There was enough green that I got a whiff of that wonderful smell of fresh cut spring grass!  :dancingbanana:   But like you, I found an issue, or rather heard it.  When I crank the 430, or shut it off, something is clanking hard.  I think the muffler bracket is broken.  I knew it was cracking last year, but think it's in serious need of welding now.  Was great mowing the 5 minutes or so!  :thumbs:

You lucky duck. Cutting the lawn. I bet it's a month and a half before I get to do that.

Somebody has got to open a GT resort, in the sunny south. Us northern guys could

fly down for a weekend and plow, till, or mow our brains out for a day or two. It sure

would be a good way to keep the sanity during the winter. Although, friends and family

might think it's too late. :smilewink:

• olcowhand, KennyP, trowel and 1 other said thanks

#2379 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted March 10, 2014 - 08:57 PM

Preparing for the sleet/snow store coming on wensday.

Drive it around on the modified tire chains and and home built rear weight, test it blowing the 14 inches of snow still on the ground, with the bar chains it takes a lot to stop it now.

• Gabriel said thank you

#2380 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted March 11, 2014 - 09:42 AM

I just parked my John Deere 430 after actually mowing behind my shed.  There was enough green that I got a whiff of that wonderful smell of fresh cut spring grass!  :dancingbanana:  

Goes to show how much the weather is different when you travel 2 hours straight east... No one's grass has greened up at all around here. Still brown... and too wet to ride on anyway.

#2381 sodisr OFFLINE  

sodisr
  • Member No: 9153
  • 651 Thanks
  • 762 posts

Posted March 11, 2014 - 11:24 AM

Goes to show how much the weather is different when you travel 2 hours straight east... No one's grass has greened up at all around here. Still brown... and too wet to ride on anyway.

GRASS !!!!!!!!!!!  What's that ????????? All I see is about 2 feet of the white $heet on the ground.. 2 in. to come tonight..At least the sub-zero has let up.....

• trowel said thank you

#2382 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted March 11, 2014 - 08:00 PM

Worked on the dozer blade.

#2383 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,503 Thanks
  • 4,955 posts

Posted March 12, 2014 - 08:01 AM

Used Sears 16 last night to dress up mom's driveway using the snow blade and the rear box blade. Dad always just got another load of gravel and spread on top, drive really needs to be taken down about an inch or so, it's crowned up higher than the apron for the garage. First time doing this, I roughed it up some, moved some gravel to teh hill part, but need to make some mods to the back blade so the teeth will dig better.

Looks better if nothing else and now we are not walking in compacted limestone mud, actually have some rocks up top.

#2384 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted March 14, 2014 - 02:27 PM

I am "hoping" to find time between morning & afternoon milking to plow my garden with Hogzilla, then I hope even more to find a bit more time to pull the plow & mount my tiller for a maiden use of my newly installed rear pto.  If not enough time for both, I may opt to try the tiller.  

• trowel said thank you

#2385 BairleaFarm OFFLINE  

BairleaFarm

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8328
  • 1,201 Thanks
  • 1,725 posts

Posted March 15, 2014 - 04:18 PM

The high winds let me plow. The drive shaft stripped AT the pump while I was disking so I need to fix that. Always something. Had to finish dragging with the John Deere that may or may not be mine.uploadfromtaptalk1394918266647.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1394918290157.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1394918318640.jpg
  • twostep and Gabriel have said thanks