Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What did you do WITH your tractor today? ie: plowing, hauling, tilling, etc.

• Please log in to reply
3086 replies to this topic

#2311 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted February 08, 2014 - 06:55 AM

After fixing the left wheel, scraped the driveway, busted up some banks and opened the drain ditch before the sun set.

Pushing snow at 1/2 throttle in 2nd gear, not much more was needed. Wheel weights and/or rear weight would make thing a little more solid for pushing up banks/hill, not worried about it.

Calm my nerves a little from the day's stress.

Head gasket and decoking head/valves/piston is next.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF0587.JPG
  • DSCF0588.JPG
  • DSCF0589.JPG
  • DSCF0590.JPG
  • DSCF0591.JPG

• olcowhand, Delmar and boyscout862 have said thanks

#2312 CRFarnsworth OFFLINE  

CRFarnsworth

• Contributor
  • Member No: 6275
  • 3,645 Thanks
  • 1,735 posts

Posted February 09, 2014 - 03:13 PM

Big brother recently acquired a front  blade for a wide frame Cub Cadet.   Since he had nothing to put it on and he had already refurbished it...... I borrowed it and installed it on my Cub 682.    Went out today and  replowed the neighbors drive and played around at my place.   Works real nice. :thumbs:  I might have to keep it. :D  :D  Rick  

OOPs this should have been in the "do With" topic.  Rick

Attached Thumbnails

• 008.JPG
  • 009.JPG
  • 010.JPG
  • 011.JPG

Edited by CRFarnsworth, February 09, 2014 - 03:34 PM.

• Delmar and trowel have said thanks

#2313 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,475 Thanks
  • 39,714 posts

Posted February 09, 2014 - 04:34 PM

Gotcha moved, Rick!

• CRFarnsworth said thank you

#2314 Delmar OFFLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,323 Thanks
  • 2,416 posts

Posted February 09, 2014 - 06:55 PM

Seat time on the gt again today...forcasted sno flurries became another 3 inches of the white stuff, so......the driveway is clear once again!

#2315 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,312 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted February 09, 2014 - 09:40 PM

Here at the house we had <2" by noon. Went up to Mom and Dads to plow and they had >6". Couldn't believe the difference.
It was miserable stuff too. After you ran over it once, it turned to ice. Spin once, ice. What a workout. A 10degree slope was to much sometimes.

I ran the plow truck while Ran ran the blower. Once I got caught up, I took over the blower for a while. Ryan began digging out where I got the van stuck in the drift in front of the garage.

We spent hours out there on snow removal. Came in the house. ate supper and took a nap on the furnace register.

Thanks to Ryan for helping in spite of my disposition, the MF10 for handling the snow, and my parents for a great boiled dinner.
Going to be an early night I think.
  • Delmar said thank you

#2316 Robert Webb OFFLINE  

Robert Webb

• Member No: 6780
  • 878 Thanks
  • 419 posts

Posted February 09, 2014 - 09:42 PM

I cut holes in my fender pan of my 430 to install a toolbox on one side and a combo drink holder/glove box on the other side.  All of the sheet metal, wheels, wheel weights, suitcase weights and hood will be dropped off at the body shop tomorrow to be painted.

#2317 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,625 Thanks
  • 3,917 posts

Posted February 10, 2014 - 11:59 AM

Got a small amount of seat time yesterday - here is the long version.  :smilewink:

One of my former bossholes,  a very nice guy and actually my favorite ex boss, has been out of town for 5 weeks.  It's been over 20 years since I worked for him!!  He has been visiting realitives in SC and doing a trade show for his business in FL.  We have had a bunch of snow since he has been gone.  He lives about five miles from me in a little one horse town right on the state blacktop road.  His aunt [only realitive still living around here] sent him pictures via facebook of his driveway and how bad the state snowplows had blocked him out.  The gift from the state, [windrow] was over 3 feet tall and we had 1 or 2 days very near the freezing mark with good sun so there was thawing and refreezing making this nearly imprenetrable.  I saw his aunts posts - complete with pictures - on his facebook page about the problem and he mentioned Sunday morning that he was headed home and would arrive after dark Sunday evening.  He said by the time he got home from driving for nearly 2 days straight he sure wasn't looking forward to scooping snow just to get in the driveway.

This is where I come in.  

I told the MRS. that since I already had the Power King loaded in one of the pickups and backed in the shed it wouldn't hurt a thing if I drove over to his place and cleaned his drive so he could pull right in once he got home from his long, tiresome journey. 

I stole this pic from his facebook page.

1725317_10202296781154733_146481941_n.jpg

His driveway is only 1 car wide and 2 to 3 cars long but DANG that windrow was tough!!!!  I had to hit it sideways and only shave a couple of inches off each pass.  Once the windrow was done it was smooth sailing and things went much quicker.  It was not very cold but I kept my hood up and huge U-Vex sunglasses on so noone would recognize me.   I am also sporting 2 months worth of a full beard [which I just never have] that I hope will throw everyone off. I intend to shave real soon as I will be going back to work later this month.  His immediate neighbor writes the colum for the small town in our local newspaper and is a close personal friend with my mother.   My mom is a blabbermouth so I can't say a word to her about this.   :(   I know the guy is not on GTTalk so he won't see this.

The pickup I had the PK in, I seldom use so I doubt any of his neighbors will recognize it even though it has a custom did-it-myself paintjob that wasn't a factory color scheme.  If someone describes the pickup to him I'm screwed.  I've had the truck for more than 15 years and I'm sure he has seen it many times.

The aunt happened by and noticed someone had cleared the drive so she sent him another pic.  This is also taken from his facebook page.

400634_10202309043221277_1181544095_n.jpg

All afternoon they [him, his aunt, and several from the tiny town] were posting on his facebook page about who it might have been.  The best part is nobody mentioned my pickup and nobody had a clue who it was.   :thumbs:  I had to park the pickup right on the highway in town - there was just too much snow to pull off anywhere.  Best part was only four cars went by the entire time I was there. 

I am a firm believer in anonymity in charity or random acts of kindness!

I found this on facebook this morning so it is fitting - ALTHOUGH - whoever updated it from last year just changed the year and not the dates.  The dates are a week from 2013 but you get the idea. 

1234625_275506352606069_927458528_n.jpg

I'm not a big fan of facebook but in this case it sure came shining through.

Here is a pic of the PK in full snowplow gear. 

pk snow.JPG

This picture is several years old but it still looks the same.  I use a farm tractor here at my place to blade snow but this smaller tractor is handy to take to town and blade out my moms and my father-n-laws driveways.  Since the PK fits in a pickup I don't have to pull a trailer to town and throw road salt and slush all over the tractor!  I have other pickups to use so I just leave the PK in one of the pickups so it is ready when I need it. 

Thanks for reading my long ramble and I hope you enjoyed it. 

Edited by Gtractor, February 10, 2014 - 12:32 PM.

• olcowhand, Alc, KennyP and 3 others have said thanks

#2318 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted February 10, 2014 - 02:18 PM

I used the Kubota to pull the non-drivable GT-14 up the the garage. Someone was comeing to look at it and I wasn't going make him wall through the snow and slush back to the shed. Besides I need to do some work to it so that it is driveable. It sure is a solid machine... just needs some love. He said he was interested but wanted to check around for part availability... I just laughed and told him "good luck"!

#2319 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted February 10, 2014 - 02:46 PM

Last Tuesday we got about 4 inches of snow. I left work early and plowed the drive before dark. It snowed all through the night but only amounted to a couple inches more. Wednesday when I got home I was surprized the wife had got tthe F150 up the drive it had drifted about 6 inches deep with one drift about a ft and a half deep. That was packed hard and stopped the Ford 1500 dead pulling the full blade width. I had to take a couple ft at a time till I broke it up.  I left something of a mess and did not push it back like I would have liked.

So Friday Night it started snowing about 10:30 and I had about 4 inches when I got up in the morning. I went out and plowed about 11:30 and pushed the piles back so it would not drift in again. I worked all day off and on, As I get older the circulation in my hands is getting worse and my fingers freeze and I have to take lots of breaks. 

• Alc and trowel have said thanks

#2320 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted February 10, 2014 - 04:17 PM

As I get older the circulation in my hands is getting worse and my fingers freeze and I have to take lots of breaks. 

Running pneumatic hammers, power equipment and blacksmithing, little something called white fingers and poor circulation, painfull when cold. I understand.

Dependable Ford, they are good tractors.

Bitter cold today but figured why not and mounted the snow thrower for you guys to see.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF0600.JPG
  • DSCF0601.JPG
  • DSCF0603.JPG
  • DSCF0604.JPG
  • DSCF0605.JPG
  • simple36inch_thrower.jpg

• MH81 and boyscout862 have said thanks

#2321 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted February 10, 2014 - 04:36 PM

Used my MF1655D with FEL for quite a while today.  Was good getting some GT seat time!  :thumbs:

• trowel said thank you

#2322 Guest_rdehli_*

Guest_rdehli_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted February 10, 2014 - 04:41 PM

we got bout 3" on Saturday got to use my 782 again. pretty bad might have to service the 782 befor we are done moving snow already logged 17 hours moving snow.......

Edited by rdehli, February 10, 2014 - 04:43 PM.

#2323 Guest_rdehli_*

Guest_rdehli_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted February 10, 2014 - 05:13 PM

olecowhand

thanks for the help  here are the pics

IMG_4869 (Custom).JPG

IMG_4871 (Custom).JPG

IMG_4872 (Custom).JPG

• olcowhand and MH81 have said thanks

#2324 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,312 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted February 10, 2014 - 05:23 PM

Running pneumatic hammers, power equipment and blacksmithing, little something called white fingers and poor circulation, painfull when cold. I understand.
Dependable Ford, they are good tractors.

Bitter cold today but figured why not and mounted the snow thrower for you guys to see.

Wow that's a lot of v belt. Thanks for taking the time to show it.
  • trowel said thank you

#2325 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted February 10, 2014 - 06:19 PM

Wow that's a lot of v belt.

Lots of $$$ too.

Cam over type clutch too.