Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What did you do WITH your tractor today? ie: plowing, hauling, tilling, etc.

• Please log in to reply
3083 replies to this topic

#2296 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,408 Thanks
  • 39,662 posts

Posted December 26, 2013 - 06:31 PM

Got Bubba fired up and used him to help with the limb cleanup. Had some limbs broken off, but leaning on the house. Got the ladder out, hooked a chain to the limbs, & used Bubba to pull them the rest of the way down. That worked real well as I have the box blade on the back and ran the chain under it. Nothing but brute force! Love these FF's!

• olcowhand said thank you

#2297 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,481 Thanks
  • 4,633 posts

Posted January 01, 2014 - 07:14 PM

I got ambitious and fired up the Bolens HT20D and plowed the snow off the sidewalk.

We've been having snow off and on for the last couple of days, and it finally built up enough to make it worthwhile.

The 20D hadn't been run for over 6 months and the battery was down, so I did have to put a charge on it.

After the charge, it started with very little drama. Not bad for a cold diesel on a 25 F day.

#2298 Craig. ONLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 881 Thanks
  • 763 posts

Posted January 02, 2014 - 10:20 AM

Got the MF 1650 out today to snow blow all this snow that came my way, didn't even get it out of the shed when I broke the hydraulic controller handle AGAIN. :mad2:  Well it was broke in the down position so I continued on. I went down the drive and back up when I heard a bang, the chain inside the snow blower broke, :wallbanging:  so it went back to the shed. Then I trudged through the snow to the far back shed and tried starting the Craftsmen which wouldn't start, :help:  got the charger out, got it started, started plowing. The Craftsmen is my back up tractor for snow removal, cause it barely got enough a#s to do the job, and I no I'm really stressing out the rear-end on it. Got the job done, just barely, now I got to clean up my shop to get the MF in there to repair it. Not looking forward to it....Cant even walk through my shop. I'll be a whole day just cleaning, and another day repairing.

#2299 BairleaFarm OFFLINE  

BairleaFarm

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8328
  • 1,201 Thanks
  • 1,725 posts

Posted January 11, 2014 - 12:16 PM

The carb is still messed up but the 1650 runs enough to pull a cart. My son and I went around the yard picking up from the lat storm that went through. It's been too cold. We both needed some outside time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437P using Tapatalk

Attached Thumbnails

• uploadfromtaptalk1389460436357.jpg
  • uploadfromtaptalk1389460447751.jpg

• Delmar and twostep have said thanks

#2300 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,408 Thanks
  • 39,662 posts

Posted January 18, 2014 - 03:52 PM

Very windy here today! Had to change out the battery in Bubba (#1 FF). Got a dead cell, but that's the battery that came in it. Dated in '07. Used it and the wagon to take down some fence Aaron wanted out. It's wood pickets. Hoping to use the pickets to make a good area to put the implements without grass growing up into them. Here's the pickets.

Image001.jpg

#2301 allisb10page OFFLINE  

allisb10page
  • Member No: 52832
  • 220 Thanks
  • 150 posts

Posted January 21, 2014 - 11:36 AM

Well, yesterday I got out the old Allis B-10 and blew some snow.  Thinking about doing it again today but the weatherman says maybe a chance of an inch or two overnight, so may wait until tomorrow.  I feel like a kid again every time I get on that thing. 

• KennyP, HowardsMF155 and Delmar have said thanks

#2302 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,408 Thanks
  • 39,662 posts

Posted January 22, 2014 - 07:32 PM

I got to use Bubba (#1 FF/20) and box blade to level out the ground in Aaron's shed today. And before you ask, there was video taken. Just waiting for him to send it so I can post. Look for a thread coming soon!

#2303 karl OFFLINE  

karl
  • Member No: 38218
  • 1,033 Thanks
  • 770 posts

Posted January 24, 2014 - 08:49 AM

I left mine out side to stand guard.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0401.JPG

• Delmar said thank you

#2304 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted January 26, 2014 - 12:25 AM

For the first time EVER I used a GT (or anything other than a shovel) to clear snow!! I used the back blade on the Kubota to clean off my drive, the 100 yards in front of our house and my neighbors drive. I really enjoyed it. I think I need to get a front blade before next year!

ps: no pictures of course!

• BairleaFarm said thank you

#2305 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,700 Thanks
  • 8,893 posts

Posted January 27, 2014 - 09:05 AM

I took the Bolens G152 out for a short drive clearing stint with the snowblower. We got a couple of inches yesterday, but the winds were 30+. So I chose to wait for the relative calm and -17° F temps this morning.

test run 008.jpg

And that is not a current pic. It's 17 below!

No work today, (cold weather rule) the kids have the day off, (too cold to run the buses? :wtf: ) and the wife has the late shift today and doesn't start until 10:30 a.m.

#2306 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,700 Thanks
  • 8,893 posts

Posted January 30, 2014 - 08:08 PM

More snow! Tonight's wind was light and variable.

image.jpg
  • olcowhand and IamSherwood have said thanks

#2307 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted January 30, 2014 - 09:02 PM

More snow! Tonight's wind was light and variable.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

You look so happy !!

• olcowhand and Cat385B have said thanks

#2308 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,531 Thanks
  • 3,919 posts

Posted February 03, 2014 - 01:32 PM

Just got done with round one of a heavy wet snow. Angling the blade didn't do much, it just piled up. I don't have enough angle to this blade. Broke the linkage for the blade lift, so now to get that fixed for round two this afternoon. I am starting to get tired of snow.

#2309 Delmar ONLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,321 Thanks
  • 2,414 posts

Posted February 04, 2014 - 07:22 PM

More seat time!  I got off work at noon because of the snowstorm, so after I got home and ate lunch I went out and pushed about 6-8 inches of snow off my driveway and my neighbors' driveway too.  I was just about finished at the street when I watched a pickup truck get stuck at the corner up the street from me.  I went up there with my gt and pushed snow out of the intersection for him so he could keep going.  He still could not get up the hill, so I made him a path to the top of the hill.  He made it this time.  My house is on a snow route, and they plow my street, but that side street is not ever cleared, and the snow piles up there. It is supposed to keep snowing here all night...... we can sure use the moisture!

Edited by James henry, February 04, 2014 - 07:24 PM.

• KennyP and HowardsMF155 have said thanks

#2310 Delmar ONLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,321 Thanks
  • 2,414 posts

Posted February 06, 2014 - 06:12 AM

It did snow all night, and 20 mph wind helped the snow cover the driveway.  got the gt out again yesterday morning and cleared it again...my 140 is ever faithful to its tasks!

• trowel said thank you