Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What did you do WITH your tractor today? ie: plowing, hauling, tilling, etc.

• Please log in to reply
3086 replies to this topic

#2266 Robert Webb ONLINE  

Robert Webb

• Member No: 6780
  • 878 Thanks
  • 419 posts

Posted October 31, 2013 - 08:33 PM

CJ and I spent the afternoon getting the 430 and 112 Round Fender loaded up for the Alabama Plow Day this weekend.  Since I only have a 12' trailer, the 112 gets the privilege of riding in the bed of my pickup....lol

#2267 Delmar OFFLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,323 Thanks
  • 2,416 posts

Posted October 31, 2013 - 08:46 PM

CJ and I spent the afternoon getting the 430 and 112 Round Fender loaded up for the Alabama Plow Day this weekend.  Since I only have a 12' trailer, the 112 gets the privilege of riding in the bed of my pickup....lol

good spot for the 112!  the first to arrive!

#2268 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,317 Thanks
  • 28,635 posts

Posted November 01, 2013 - 06:28 AM

Two nites ago, managed to get 15 minutes before dark and used the Sears Back Blade on the ST16 to smear my daughters pea gravel pile around the drive.

#2269 Robert Webb ONLINE  

Robert Webb

• Member No: 6780
  • 878 Thanks
  • 419 posts

Posted November 03, 2013 - 12:09 PM

Well we spent the day with the Alabama Plow gang turning dirt yesterday.  CJ plowed on the 112 for a while but I could never the lift to get high enough clear the ground and get it set to plow right at the same time so I parked it and let CJ plow on the 430. (the things I do for him........lol)  Got home last night and was BEAT! so I just pulled in the driveway and went in the house.  About 9pm I had to leave to take Kimme back to the ER, so I unhooked the trailer and left the 112 in the bed.  She is parked in the shade of the parking deck at the hospital...........lol

#2270 Reverend Blair OFFLINE  

Reverend Blair

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1659
  • 501 Thanks
  • 952 posts

Posted November 04, 2013 - 07:58 AM

Today my tractors will do nothing.  On the weekend they did a fair bit though.

I used the LA105 and the lawn sweeper (and rakes and shovels) to clean up a large property northeast of town on Saturday. Filled the back of the dump truck and the back of the half ton with loose leaves and put fifteen bags on the trailer with the tractor when I left.

That was a dawn start for me and the dump truck.  My wife showed up around noon in the half ton to lend a hand. 

We also cut and piled branches for the guy.   Got home at dusk, ate supper, and fell asleep on the couch with a half a beer in my hand. You know I'm tired when my beer intake on a Saturday is only half a can.

I still have to go back and take out a barbed-wire fence and clean up the fence line...that will be another full day.

On Sunday I spread the leaves on my garden and worked them into the soil with the rototiller on the 420.  After that I put the blade on because I know snow is coming and will need it next weekend for the fence-line clean-up anyway.

After that I kind of puttered about for a bit...cleaned up after the dogs, rearranged the stuff on the shed deck so I can walk there and so on.  That required a fair bit of help from the 420 and a chain, since I somehow have two huge clay pots full of soil.  Funny the things you end up with when the neighbours move away.

By about 2:00 in the afternoon I was done though...physically worn out...so I never got the fire pit cleaned out or the left-over topsoil spread out in the low spots.  I guess I should give the driveway a quick scrape before freeze-up too.  I wonder if my boss will let me work four 10-hour shifts to give me more time?

• HowardsMF155 and A.C.T. have said thanks

#2271 Alberta Bolens ONLINE  

Alberta Bolens
  • Member No: 49650
  • 443 Thanks
  • 252 posts

Posted November 09, 2013 - 08:33 PM

Used my 1050 Bolens to push some snow.  Such a good tough little machine.with chains and the locking differential its great.  

• HowardsMF155 said thank you

#2272 Reverend Blair OFFLINE  

Reverend Blair

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1659
  • 501 Thanks
  • 952 posts

Posted November 11, 2013 - 08:32 AM

Got the rest of that yard clean-up done. Pulled the barbed wire with the 420 and a chain, then popped the pickets out with the loader. The fence-line clean-up was just a quick going-over with the rear blade since the topsoil along the fence was soft and easy to work.  Made me wish I hadn't gone through the trouble of bringing the tiller.

Got paid, got an offer of more work in the spring, and got a dozen decent pressure-treated pickets.

It was cold though, a skiff of snow on the ground. Also, I need to get a better ramp for my trailer. The one I have is just too darned light for the 420.

#2273 OldBuzzard OFFLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,488 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted November 18, 2013 - 05:17 PM

Took the Bolens HDT1000 over to Renfrew Pa. on Saturday for their Plow Day.

That was my first time plowing, so mostly it was getting the plow setup properly. PLowing conditions were not all the great, so I didn't do much plowing.

After that I entered their "Just for Fun" tractor pull.

They were using a dead weight sled, and the HDT managed to pull 2,250 lbs. It could have pulled more , but they ran out of weight to put on the sled.

I had a GREAT time.

Edited by OldBuzzard, November 18, 2013 - 05:17 PM.

#2274 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,652 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted November 18, 2013 - 05:41 PM

Not been on any GT's, but been on my Massey 362, 1100, & 285, plus the Big Dipper loader, and our Cat 910 wheeled loader.

#2275 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted November 18, 2013 - 05:59 PM

Suppose I'll roll several days into one here:

On Thursday last week I raked leaves into a pile and let the kids jump in them.  Since I didn't want the leaves to sit in the yard too long, on Saturday after I finished the day's school work, I put the plow on the MF 12G and started plowing "out", that is using the plow to move dirt out, then plowing again in the same spot.  Made a trench in the garden about a foot deep, with another foot high of dirt piled up around it, probably around 5 ft wide, then had the boys rake the leaves onto a tarp and pull them into the garden and dump 'em in the trench.  Late in the afternoon I lit a small pile of leaves in the trench and started feeding brush from the brush pile that's been in my back yard for almost a year.  That lasted long enough for everyone to want to have a "picnic supper"  out by the fire.  I let the logs turn to embers, then used the 12G with the snowplow blade to push the piled dirt back into the hole over the embers.  On Sunday I finished filling the trench in over the leaves I decided not to burn. (too much ember material was being carried up away from the leaf fire for me to be comfortable burning all of them)

#2276 Guest_Fluid_*

Guest_Fluid_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted November 19, 2013 - 09:22 AM

Used the 8179-G yesterday to pull a trailer load of plywood and posts for a goat & horse run in. Had to fix some fencing that the deer broke, used the 8179 to haul my small trailer with fence repair stuff. 

#2277 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted November 20, 2013 - 02:38 PM

I've put several hours on the GT14 during my shed build. Today I lit up the burn pile and burnt up a bunch of the cut off material as well as whole tree from a neighbor's yard.

My helper:

1456788_10200921561428315_341468009_n.jpg

• olcowhand, Alc, KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#2278 DPike43 ONLINE  

DPike43
  • Member No: 47086
  • 28 Thanks
  • 24 posts

Posted November 20, 2013 - 10:52 PM

Today, I worked three of my John Deere's. I put the mower deck on the 110 to chop leaves, then used the 316 to sweep them up, and dumped that into a wagon behind the 314 to haul to the garden.

#2279 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,317 Thanks
  • 28,635 posts

Posted November 21, 2013 - 06:16 AM

Yesterday I used the ST16 with my back blade to finish the little bit of gravel in the driveway. Really wanted to do this earlier, but one thing at a time.

#2280 Alberta Bolens ONLINE  

Alberta Bolens
  • Member No: 49650
  • 443 Thanks
  • 252 posts

Posted November 22, 2013 - 12:51 AM

Used  new to me bolens 1050.  Pushed snow tonight about 3 inches on tonight so far.  forecast for another 5 or 6 inches by the time is done again.