Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What did you do WITH your tractor today? ie: plowing, hauling, tilling, etc.

• Please log in to reply
3080 replies to this topic

#211 AverageJoe OFFLINE  

AverageJoe

• Contributor
  • Member No: 365
  • 104 Thanks
  • 142 posts

Posted April 30, 2010 - 10:00 AM

Just mowed the lawn. Enjoyed every minute.

#212 AcreFarm OFFLINE  

AcreFarm

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 54
  • 109 Thanks
  • 359 posts

Posted May 02, 2010 - 12:27 AM

Spent the early AM with a shovel and the Simp VB with a homebuilt V-blade working on drainage issues we've had with our storm house.
No more wet floor!

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1183..jpg

#213 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 02, 2010 - 01:03 PM

That's an awesome pic. Would you mind sharing more info regarding the storm house and maybe some more pics? I am guessing it is for tornados?

#214 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 02, 2010 - 01:05 PM

Yesterday I changed the oil in the Massey MF12 and was trying to figure out what is making the squealing noises with the mower deck. I welded the front roller bracket that cracked on the Cub 147's deck. I also straightened the mule drive that was all bent up on the front of the 125.

#215 AcreFarm OFFLINE  

AcreFarm

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 109 Thanks
  • 359 posts

Posted May 02, 2010 - 02:02 PM

That's an awesome pic. Would you mind sharing more info regarding the storm house and maybe some more pics? I am guessing it is for tornados?

Certainly.

The storm house (or shelter) is for tornadoes, they are quite common around here. It also makes a nice root cellar :thumbs:
The previous owners used it as a dumpster, so I had to clean it all out when we first moved here. After cleaning it, because the way the ground is, it would flood out with heavy rain. So if we ever needed to be in there, we would have been standing in water. Last week a tornado touched down a couple miles from my father's house, and after helping with the cleanup there it made me re-think our own safety. So I went to work Friday evening and early Saturday AM getting the drainage issues solved. Good thing too, we have had record rainfalls and flooding in the last 48 hours
Here's a couple more pics, the second one is from when we first moved in.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1185..jpg
  • shelter..jpg

#216 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted May 02, 2010 - 08:43 PM

I used the 112 John Deere and mowed my yard up on the hill behind my house today for the second time this year.

#217 pulltilbroke OFFLINE  

pulltilbroke

MMMMmmmm DIESEL

• Contributor
  • Member No: 50
  • 469 Thanks
  • 454 posts

Posted May 02, 2010 - 11:25 PM

Mowed my buddys yard today,

Attached Thumbnails

• 920AC 002..jpg
  • 920AC 003..jpg

#218 chopperfreak2k1 OFFLINE  

chopperfreak2k1

Tractorholic

• Member No: 300
  • 17 Thanks
  • 431 posts

Posted May 03, 2010 - 07:54 AM

NUTNDUN- how did the welding go on that roller bracket for the Cub 147? any pix?

#219 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 03, 2010 - 08:31 AM

NUTNDUN- how did the welding go on that roller bracket for the Cub 147? any pix?

I will have to take a pic or two of my bubble gum weld LOL. It turned out pretty decent. I run flux cored wire and the welds don't seem as clean but it wasn't too bad. I did a little at a time to help keep it hot and then used the torch to help keep it from cooling off to quick. I could have been more particular with it and done it a little more proper but it is only the anti scalp roller that hardly ever touches anything. I think the only reason it cracked and broke was it was caught loading it or something.

#220 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 03, 2010 - 08:35 AM

Certainly.

The storm house (or shelter) is for tornadoes, they are quite common around here. It also makes a nice root cellar :thumbs:
The previous owners used it as a dumpster, so I had to clean it all out when we first moved here. After cleaning it, because the way the ground is, it would flood out with heavy rain. So if we ever needed to be in there, we would have been standing in water. Last week a tornado touched down a couple miles from my father's house, and after helping with the cleanup there it made me re-think our own safety. So I went to work Friday evening and early Saturday AM getting the drainage issues solved. Good thing too, we have had record rainfalls and flooding in the last 48 hours
Here's a couple more pics, the second one is from when we first moved in.

That is pretty wild. Coming from someone who has never seen a tornado in person I still appreciate seeing some of the precautionary measures that are taken in other parts of the nation. Now do most people have their own safe house, is it like a standardized thing or regulated to where you have to have one? We could probably almost start a new thread for this LOL Thank you for posting the pics.

#221 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted May 03, 2010 - 08:52 AM

I will have to take a pic or two of my bubble gum weld LOL.

Don't be so hard on yourself George.:rofl2:

#222 chopperfreak2k1 OFFLINE  

chopperfreak2k1

Tractorholic

• Member No: 300
  • 17 Thanks
  • 431 posts

Posted May 03, 2010 - 01:06 PM

I will have to take a pic or two of my bubble gum weld LOL. It turned out pretty decent. I run flux cored wire and the welds don't seem as clean but it wasn't too bad. I did a little at a time to help keep it hot and then used the torch to help keep it from cooling off to quick. I could have been more particular with it and done it a little more proper but it is only the anti scalp roller that hardly ever touches anything. I think the only reason it cracked and broke was it was caught loading it or something.

maybe you could make a how-to post about how you heated, welded, and cooled the cast iron. just an idea

#223 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 03, 2010 - 02:04 PM

maybe you could make a how-to post about how you heated, welded, and cooled the cast iron. just an idea

I will let someone more experienced with welding take on the details and pics of their welds and I can help them write an article :D

#224 AcreFarm OFFLINE  

AcreFarm

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 109 Thanks
  • 359 posts

Posted May 03, 2010 - 03:36 PM

Now do most people have their own safe house, is it like a standardized thing or regulated to where you have to have one?

I'd say 60% of homes in this area have a storm shelter. They aren't required, but I believe new ones built are regulated for safety reasons.

OK, I'm ending my threadjack :D

#225 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted May 03, 2010 - 03:41 PM

Fired up the 1655 & put the forks on it's loader. Then cleaned the bedding from the 2 calf hutches we put baby bull calves till buyer comes. That's all the tractoring for today.