Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What did you do WITH your tractor today? ie: plowing, hauling, tilling, etc.

• Please log in to reply
3080 replies to this topic

#2221 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,939 Thanks
  • 3,320 posts

Posted August 03, 2013 - 10:24 PM

I also had some seat time. Forcasted to be 102 deg in the afternoon so I started earily (8:30). Cut the back 2 acres and a path on the remaining 1.5 acres. Gave up around 11:00, then started again around 8:30 PM. I am glad I did the 28 V LED project because it allowed me to finish the the front yard in total darkness. One picture is LED only, the other is both 28 V leds and the standard 12V 1157's. It was a dusty cut as you can see from the hood loovers. And I do not leave clippings on the deck, the pile in the picture is from the top of the deck. I also blew off most of the dirt and dust with a aircompressor nozzle, Including into the engine.. Still have to do the edging :wallbanging:

Attached Thumbnails

• Top of Deck.JPG
  • Both.JPG
  • Dust 2.JPG
  • Intake dust.JPG
  • LEDS Only.JPG

Edited by larrybl, August 03, 2013 - 10:30 PM.

#2222 bja105 OFFLINE  

bja105
  • Member No: 10485
  • 196 Thanks
  • 191 posts

Posted August 04, 2013 - 09:55 PM

I took the kids on a trail ride with the Ford 80.  We cut some brush and sawed some trees that had fallen on one of the trails they ride horses on. 

Then we made a campsite on our far hill. I cut the grass down, first with the neighbor's big tractor, then close with my lawn tractor.  I weed whacked a spot to the roots, and we gathered rocks for a fire ring.

My wife has been agitating about camping.  I hate to skip a weekend at the farm, so this is my compromise.  She can camp, I can sleep in my bed if I want to, and I can still tend my garden.

#2223 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted August 12, 2013 - 08:08 AM

I put the Horse to work for the first time since I picked it up. After all of the rain recenly I let the grass get a little too tall and had to run the yard sweeper after mowing. I really enjoy driving this GT14, the big back tires really smooth out the rough yard. I could pull the yard sweeper at full speed without being bounced off the seat.

#2224 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,559 Thanks
  • 29,819 posts

Posted August 18, 2013 - 12:09 PM

Got the Massey 1655D out to use the loader bucket to haul in this sweet corn this morning.  Then after, I used the bucket to knock down the previous round of sweet corn stalks from a few weeks ago.

DSC00072.JPG

Then I got "Hogzilla" out just to drive her around a bit.  She's been tucked in the shed all alone for quite a while.  Still has dirt from spring plowing all over her.

DSC00073.JPG

• KennyP and bja105 have said thanks

#2225 bja105 OFFLINE  

bja105
  • 196 Thanks
  • 191 posts

Posted August 18, 2013 - 12:14 PM

I couldn't find an excuse to use my Cub Cadet 147 today, so I took my sons for rides around the yard.  I also found that it can do donuts in the gravel.  Yesterday was the first time I ran this tractor all summer.  All it took was gas!  I might haul it to the Farm for plowing a fall food plot.

#2226 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,355 Thanks
  • 39,630 posts

Posted August 18, 2013 - 05:45 PM

Got the Toro going good and we mowed this afternoon. The pics are of (1) across the property & (2) front to back. Did all that in 45 minutes.

Image039.jpg

Image040.jpg

Temp never got over 190 degrees!!!

We also have about the same width and length for the rest of the property, but it has a double wide, my house and Aarons building on that part!

• olcowhand and twostep have said thanks

#2227 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted August 19, 2013 - 08:34 AM

Got the Toro going good and we mowed this afternoon.

New toys are fun aren't they!

All I did was mow, same as every week. It was a little more fun since part of it was pretty tall so I had to actually throttle up the Kubota a little. Plus I got to run the sweeper with the GT14. Man that thing pulls like a mule.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCN1776.JPG
  • DSCN1777.JPG

Edited by twostep, August 19, 2013 - 11:02 PM.

#2228 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,559 Thanks
  • 29,819 posts

Posted August 19, 2013 - 10:50 AM

Kenny, you'll have been dead for 5 years before anyone can pry that Toro from your cold dead hands!   :smilewink:   Diesel front mowers are simply AWESOME!

I intended to mow last night, but just as I got home from taking Teresa out to dinner, a shower dampened my ambitions.  Oh well, I was feeling lazy anyway.  :D

• KennyP and twostep have said thanks

#2229 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted August 19, 2013 - 11:00 AM

Moved the Sears/loader around to get the wood splitter out, tried to start the PK, battery dead [needs replaced] :mad2:  and just couldn't get it fired up with a rope and a tired back after splitting oak and some elm all afternoon so had to push the splitter back into the garage by hand  :boo_hoo:

#2230 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,060 Thanks
  • 2,433 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 08:53 AM

mowed shanes lawn like i do ever other week i love that hr of seat time i get got home then mowed the neighbors front yard. the deere was a great thing for me to get it mows nice and bout 1 1/2 hr of seat time seams like 20 min

#2231 bja105 OFFLINE  

bja105
  • 196 Thanks
  • 191 posts

Posted August 25, 2013 - 04:19 PM

I had a good tractoring weekend at the farm.  I mowed a lot with the lawn tractor, including about a mile of trail, the yard, and around the fences of our pasture.  I took the kids on a trail ride behind the Ford 80, and set my deer camera.  Saturday night there was fireworks at the little town a couple of miles from us, so we loaded up all the kids (5 of ours, and one friend's son) and did a night ride to our far hill to watch fireworks.  We also took my friend and his son on a daytime ride.

I brought home the front blade for my Cub Cadet 147 today.  It had been at the farm since winter.  I installed it and pushed gravel into the holes my wife makes when she pulls onto the road.  Then I pushed some leaves, branches, dirt, and poison ivy off the edge of the driveway.

It was my first time with the blade since I installed the spring assist, it helped a great deal.

#2232 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted August 25, 2013 - 05:32 PM

Used the Craftsman PGT9000 to mow the yard today. Grass was thick and a little bit taller than I normally let it get, so it was slow-going most of the way but I got it done! I really need to sharpen the blades, too. It's been hot here, and running the engine wide open and working it hard made the fuel line vapor lock a couple of times. I'll look and see if I can reroute the line. From another post's suggestion, I checked to see where the hot-spots were from the tank under the seat all the way to the engine (28hp Craftsman..  Briggs, really) and the hottest spot is right near the engine just before and after the vacuum fuel pump.

• KennyP said thank you

#2233 HowardsMF155 ONLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,698 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted August 25, 2013 - 07:32 PM

The weeds were getting away from me in my garden now that most of the plants are harvested or dying, so I took an hour off of studying to enjoy using the plow for a bit.  Plowed about 2/3 of it.  The plow did a really great job burying  the surface trash.  Once I was done plowing, I decided that since all the rust was scoured off, I'd put a coat of paint on the bare metal bits to keep them from rusting again.

Ge 006.JPG Ge 004.JPG Ge 003.JPG

#2234 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,479 Thanks
  • 4,633 posts

Posted August 25, 2013 - 09:21 PM

Fella came in from Oregon early today with the Haban 514A Flail-Mo (mounts on the Large Frame Bolens tractors) that I bought some time back.

It was sitting in the top deck of a 5th wheel drop down trailer.

Sooooooo, I fired up my Bolens 1881 Forklift, and made short work of getting it off loaded.  :D :D :D

100_4717.JPG 100_4718.JPG 100_4719.JPG
100_4720.JPG 100_4721.JPG

• twostep said thank you

#2235 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted August 25, 2013 - 10:31 PM

I didn't do anything WITH my tractors today but I did haul home 2 or 3 tons of timbers for my shed build... 100% reclaimed. I'm going to have fun getting lag bolts through the rough cut oat boards! Can you say "impact gun"?

Edit: I forgot to mention that the lady that sold me the lumber sent me away with a homemade chocolate cream pie... and MAN it is good.

Edited by twostep, August 25, 2013 - 10:40 PM.