Garden Tractor Forums banner

What did you do WITH your tractor today? ie: plowing, hauling, tilling, etc.

585K views 4K replies 404 participants last post by  NS Trucker 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
With anticipation of an infinite thread, we would love for everyone to keep this thread going by replying what you did with your tractor today.
This thread is about work done with your tractor, such as tilling, plowing, just any work performed by your tractor.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
olcowhand said:
Nothing! Cold out, plus I had to cut & put together 2 sets of Ford decals, and one for a Simplicity 101. The small income from them feed my garden tractor obsession. LOL
I couldn't agree more with it being too cold out. I just go check on the girls sitting in the garage every once in a while.

#7 ·
NUTNDUN said:
I think I am going to have to make some special bonding time with my girls, they have been in that cold garage all this time with no attention. Poor things. LOL

I may have to start up a few tomorrow, and let them run for a good 15 minutes. I shure hope spring comes soon, my mower decks are dying to be used !

#8 ·
Bolens 1000 said:

I may have to start up a few tomorrow, and let them run for a good 15 minutes. I shure hope spring comes soon, my mower decks are dying to be used !
We got snow last night and this morning so I might get to play with the girls after all, depends how much we get though. <!-- if my wife starts reading these forums she is going to start thinking I am having affairs LOL

#12 ·
Weaverama said:
I put the Ag's on my John Deere two days ago and pushed a little snow. But we're getting about 2 feet on Friday-Saturday (Feb 5th and 6th, 2010) so I put the weights back on and the chains. I will still have to make multiple passes, it is going to be pretty heavy stuff. I hope to take lots of pics.
Yes pics are a requirement, did you read the agreement when you signed up? LOL j/k but pics are always nice. We are supposed to get some of the white stuff this weekend too but it better not be 2' of it. At least I will be able to finally get the girls out.

#14 ·
tweidman said:
So, I guess I will have to plow twice, two foot of snow will probably come over the top of the blade.:D
That reminds me, my blade is all rusted because I didn't get a chance to refinish it before winter and the snow sticks to it like crazy and doesn't push off to the side like it should when the blade is angled. I wonder if pam sprayed on the blade would help LOL

#19 ·
fordmustang1984 said:
Well today my dad have to move a Ford Taurus, so we put my 71 MF-12H to the test. It pulled it at maybe 3/4-7/8 throttle, and it pulled like it wasn't even there. Man it works good for what was a parts tractor.
That's awesome. I used my little 8 hydro to pull a car trailer to the back yard with a wooden swing set on it because it was the only tractor with a hitch ball. You could tell it was there but she did pretty good.

Today I got my snowblower hooked up and even got to play with it in the snow to test it.

G
#21 ·
time to get the Ariens out to push the snow well to dark yet for any pic, but just look out to see how much snow I got dosen't look to bad yet but we haven't been hit hard with the snow yet. about another hour or so then it will get heavy I'll post some pic later James

#25 ·
The old man got the HT20 out and cleared a little snow on the street then it started missin and he cleaned the points. I got the Big Ten out pulled the tiller off the back got it fired up and put the blade on the front and we are trtying to get the battery to take a charge as we speak.

Reactions: holdenboy1960
#26 ·
I was planning on going down to my parents place and working on getting the 800 to stay running and see if the 600 just needs a carb adjustment but it is cold out. I am a wussy when it comes to cold weather LOL