Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What did you do WITH your tractor today? ie: plowing, hauling, tilling, etc.

• Please log in to reply
3084 replies to this topic

#196 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted April 20, 2010 - 11:55 AM

I had seen that George put my tractors in the registry but there was no picture of the 800. So I got it out of the shed and took a few pictures. I found out several weeks ago however that I can't load pictures on my computer from my camera so they will be added over the weekend when I give George my camera when we go to the tractor show in Chambersburg.:wave:

#197 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,680 Thanks
  • 17,201 posts

Posted April 20, 2010 - 03:01 PM

Yesterday I mowed the Grass with the 850 :dancingbanana:

#198 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted April 24, 2010 - 04:45 PM

Today I mowed my lawns for the 1st time this year.I used my Kubota GR2110.

#199 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted April 24, 2010 - 05:05 PM

We took the 600 and the plow we just bought to the tractor show in Chambersburg. We parked it at the tent we set up to hand out flyers for the website. George will be posting pictures and video of the event. They had a real good turnout.

#200 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,612 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted April 24, 2010 - 07:30 PM

What did I get to do with any of my tractors today?........nothing!:mecry::mecry::mecry::mecry:
Probably work on my 18hp Onan engine rebuild tomorrow though. :-)

#201 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,612 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted April 24, 2010 - 07:32 PM

We took the 600 and the plow we just bought to the tractor show in Chambersburg. We parked it at the tent we set up to hand out flyers for the website. George will be posting pictures and video of the event. They had a real good turnout.

Look forward to the pics & video! :yelclap:

#202 pulltilbroke OFFLINE  

pulltilbroke

MMMMmmmm DIESEL

• Contributor
  • Member No: 50
  • 469 Thanks
  • 454 posts

Posted April 24, 2010 - 09:58 PM

Been a few days since I've been on and posted, been helpin MF10 DIESEL move and whatnot, but I did get the tractor out today and mowed my yard the old mans and started helpin a buddy mow his yard. I also went over and took a better look at the 1556 Bolens I've been eyeing it seems to be in real decent condition.

#203 Hiker OFFLINE  

Hiker

• Member No: 132
  • 0 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted April 25, 2010 - 07:51 PM

I've looked and looked for filter and drain plug on my Bolens H16 transmission. Any clues what I seem to be missing. Would like to change fluid and filter. Thanks Jim

#204 chopperfreak2k1 OFFLINE  

chopperfreak2k1

Tractorholic

• Member No: 300
  • 17 Thanks
  • 431 posts

Posted April 25, 2010 - 08:51 PM

all my tractors are stored at my parents and at my grandma's so i rarely get to use them. besides only 2 run right now, my SS16 and GT16. i do get to use them as i am the caretaker of my grandma's property. haven't got to mow yet this year between my schedule and the weather, but i should get to do the first mowing this week.

#205 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted April 26, 2010 - 09:04 PM

One of my John Deere 112 garden tractors is paying its keep and then some. I rent storage space in a pole shed from a friend of mine for 20 of my tractors. He owns a house in our town about 3 blocks from where I live. We were talking and he was saying how he didn't like to have to load his mower up and bring it to town to mow that yard. I asked him if in exchange for shed rent I would mow his yard. He said we could certainly work something out. I went down and mowed that yard tonight for the first mowing of the year. It's a fairly large yard, took about an hour. There are lots of trees and bushes to mow around. Best part is more seat time!

#206 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,073 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted April 27, 2010 - 07:22 AM

Been getting lots of seat time the last week.Used the gc2300 & the MF 1655 to screen soil,have finally done all the soil that was hauled up last fall and some from this spring.Had a bit of downtime with the gc2300.It started making some noise some kinda rattle under the hood,found out that the flange on the muffler right at the ex manifold had broken away from the muffler.Had to take the muffler off and weld the flange back onto the pipe.It's nice and quite again.Yesterday digging stones with the gc2300 and blew a hydralic hose so had to fix that as well.I do know that the oem hose's are rated for 3000 psi and the new ones I get made up are 5000psi sooo hope there better.Once it was fixed finished digging stones and my son finished filling in the holes with the mf 1655.Got to use some of the screened soil.What a pleasure in using that soil now now more roots and stones to contend with.Larry

#207 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 29, 2010 - 06:47 AM

We mowed the grass last night and I had to use 3 of my 4 tractors to get it done LOL. The belt was slipping on the Cub 125 so I parked it. Got the MF12 out and put the mower deck back on it and mowed a good bit with it until something started to make weird noises with the mower deck, it was like an off and on squeal and it is definitely in the mower deck or the belt to the jackshaft. I am going to pull it apart tonight or this weekend and see if I can't figure it out. My wife mowed with the little MF8 and then I tightened up the belt on the 125 and she mowed pretty good then. I gotta fix the deck for the 147, the one flange for the front roller broke.

#208 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,612 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted April 29, 2010 - 08:05 AM

Mowed yesterday with the Kubota around the home, then the JD935 for the farm areas. Man can I get some ground covered FAST with that 72" cut on the JD!

#209 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted April 29, 2010 - 08:10 AM

I also mowed last night, should finish up tonight, then will start sweeping the yard.

#210 pulltilbroke OFFLINE  

pulltilbroke

MMMMmmmm DIESEL

• Contributor
  • Member No: 50
  • 469 Thanks
  • 454 posts

Posted April 30, 2010 - 01:44 AM

Drove the old 920 over to my sisters last night got about half her yard mowed then POP!! Broke the PTO belt.