Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What did you do WITH your tractor today? ie: plowing, hauling, tilling, etc.

• Please log in to reply
3086 replies to this topic

#1861 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,953 Thanks
  • 3,326 posts

Posted October 21, 2012 - 07:08 PM

Sunday, got real tired of shoveling dirt and rocks on the trailer, and Hulk dosn't have enough traction to push it on, so I devised plan 2. A wench. Well after 2 days, here is the progress. I am worn out. Hulk is no worse for wear.

Attached Thumbnails

• hulk 3.JPG
  • hulk 4.JPG
  • wench 1.JPG
  • wench 2.JPG
  • wench 3.JPG
  • wench 4.JPG
  • wench 5.JPG
  • progress 1.JPG
  • progress 2.JPG

#1862 JDGuy445 OFFLINE  

JDGuy445
  • Member No: 10419
  • 356 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted October 21, 2012 - 07:31 PM

Well did this last week.. Mowed for most likely the last time this year. Also just finished fixing one 345 so brought it out for a test mow before it's sold. So the 2 '45's were next to each other.

Attached Thumbnails

• 037.JPG

#1863 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,751 Thanks
  • 8,921 posts

Posted October 21, 2012 - 07:33 PM

Today I got the new-to-me Bolens diesel fixed so the starter/glow plug wiring was back working. So, to test out the engine, tranny, and cooling system I decided to rototill 8/10's of an acre. The side yard was miserable this year, it's 20% grass at best. I sprayed it dead two weeks ago, and now will till, seed, level, and pack before the frost or snow shows up.
Bolens 013.jpg
Tilling w Bolens 004.jpg Tilling w Bolens 002.jpg

Edited by Cat385B, October 23, 2012 - 06:49 PM.

#1864 bja105 OFFLINE  

bja105
  • Member No: 10485
  • 196 Thanks
  • 191 posts

Posted October 21, 2012 - 07:44 PM

I spent a fun weekend hunting with the kids and working in the yard at the farm. With the yard sweeper and a rake, we cleaned up leaves, needles, and pine cones. I mowed the grass. Then, I finished off garden work for the Fall. I had plowed a month ago. Today, I went over the rough furrows with a spring tooth harrow. It is a little late to sow wheat, but I had some left over since 2011, so I spread it anyway. My older sons (5, 3, 2) helped while my daughter held the baby. Then I buried it with the spring tooth harrow. This is the same way I did a sizable food plot in August. Maybe the wheat will get established enough to survive the winter. If not, I'm not out much.

This garden used to be all clay, and after heavy rain there would be standing water in the low spots. After two years of mulching with waste hay and adding peat and sand, there was no mud today, after more than an inch of rain Thursday through Saturday.
  • KennyP said thank you

#1865 skunkhome OFFLINE  

skunkhome

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8044
  • 322 Thanks
  • 455 posts

Posted October 25, 2012 - 12:56 PM

Posted Image

Fought the leaf wars with my AC 916H and my Brinly 42" sweeper.

Posted Image

Edited by skunkhome, October 25, 2012 - 12:59 PM.

#1866 JDGuy445 OFFLINE  

JDGuy445
  • Member No: 10419
  • 356 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted October 25, 2012 - 04:12 PM

Mowed yesterday and today. I was surprised at how the grass grew but none-the-less it needed a mowing and brought the 445 out again. Thankfully it was much warmer yesterday and today and I didn't even need a flannel!

#1867 bja105 OFFLINE  

bja105
  • Member No: 10485
  • 196 Thanks
  • 191 posts

Posted October 25, 2012 - 06:29 PM

I mowed at home for the last time. I had to gas up, first, but I wanted to run it out of gas to store it. I added a little gas and Seafoam, then cut the grass. When I finished, I gave my kids rides on my lap. One trip around the yard with each kid, and it started missing. I ran out about 10 feet from the shed.
After I pushed it in the shed, I pulled out the battery and opened the hood. Cub Cadet 72 is off duty until spring.

#1868 mtoney ONLINE  

mtoney
  • Member No: 13665
  • 557 Thanks
  • 539 posts

Posted October 25, 2012 - 08:23 PM

Mowed my yard for the first time with the repowered Allis Chalmers B1d. Granted she is still missing hood and grill, but I started fitting those up after mowing. Still have some issues to work on with the diesel. Valves wanna start floating over 3000rpm, it was originaly set up for 2200 fixed rpm. Heavier valve springs are on the way. Even at 2900ish rpm, she mows nice. I will take new pics of the tractor tomorrow to post up. Cheers Mike

#1869 HydroHarold OFFLINE  

HydroHarold
  • Member No: 9622
  • 702 Thanks
  • 977 posts

Posted October 25, 2012 - 11:36 PM

Conditions were perfect today for another "Leaf Miniaturization" under the maples and oak. Rained last night and everything was just damp, no leaf dust! Blew the shop + carport roofs off into the back yard, and cleared out behind the shop then went for the seat time. PowerFlow off and mulch plate on... "Alemand left and promenade...!" End first pass.

Weather Channel headline screams, "Horrible Dangerous Hurricane Aproaches NY!" (Big news, they hope!) and the house gutters were overloaded, front pine needles, back oak + maple and half the roof with all. Walked around the gutters and roof (usually done with the blower extensionl) and cleared everything out and off. Neighbors' window shades all closed so I came back down and got some more seat time grinding up the back and bagging up the last of the front pine needles.

Pines are done for the season but the prevailing winds, neighbor's trees and my sluggish maples will give me seat time into late November. Grass is still growing with the rain and warm weather and I lowered the deck to 2 3/4" for better PowerFlow action and leaf grinding 2 mows ago. I've never left the entire season's crop of leaves on the lawn, I've always collected 3/4 of the drop for compost. No longer composting here as I'll be starting a new operation at the new place (with some real big and fancy red maples mixed in). I'm making sure I turn the leaf crop into half cornflake sizes or less so there's no clumping to kill the grass. So far, so good with that.

(OR.... Will Hydro finally bag the shredded leaves, make a giant heap and then trailer it all to the new place? Stay tuned!)(Suddenly that seems like a good idea!):D
  • twostep said thank you

#1870 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,396 posts

Posted October 26, 2012 - 11:52 AM

Picking up the garden hoses after a final watering today. No use picking them up until now as we've used them every day or two all Summer!

Also used the 314 & 10P cart to haul a couple loads of leaves off the drive:

HPIM2508 (Custom).JPG

Lowell

Edited by grnspot110, October 26, 2012 - 11:55 AM.

#1871 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted October 26, 2012 - 12:18 PM

Tested plow setup on my Massey "2055", Bush Hog JBI with the TJD Wisconsin, and my Massey 1010. They are ready to go! Already had my diesel JBI ready earlier in the week.

#1872 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,396 posts

Posted October 26, 2012 - 04:01 PM

I loaded the 420 & #20 plow to head for Ottumwa, IA plow day in the morning!

http://www.plowingex....com/index.html

Had to be postponed until this weekend because of weather. ~~ Lowell

#1873 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted October 26, 2012 - 06:11 PM

Tested plow setup on my Massey "2055", Bush Hog JBI with the TJD Wisconsin, and my Massey 1010. They are ready to go! Already had my diesel JBI ready earlier in the week.

I would imagine that Massey 1010 would be sweet for plowing. How bout it?

#1874 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted October 26, 2012 - 06:36 PM

I would imagine that Massey 1010 would be sweet for plowing. How bout it?

You would think so, but no, it is dead last of them for plowing. The tires are filled, and she still spins out like crazy. The plow has a gauge wheel & I still have to have my hand on the lift lever when she spins. All the others are hydro, and I have no wheel spin problems. I believe the hydro's act as a cushion & allow for better "hooking up" than a straight shift. The plow is set of fine too. My BIL did have a 1010, and his was the same thing....wheel spin! I think this tractor just needs heavy weighting to plow, but I have none to fit the 15" rims, but I will be looking now!

#1875 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,396 posts

Posted October 28, 2012 - 11:51 AM

Plow day at Ottumwa, IA yesterday & today, figured one day of fun was all I could handle:

HPIM1047 (Custom).JPG

HPIM1054 (Custom).JPG

My best side:

HPIM1053 (Custom).JPG

Brought home a future project, for free :D ;

HPIM1065 (Custom).JPG

Even has the "optional" Red Neck mulching attachment:

HPIM1066 (Custom).JPG

Lowell