Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What did you do WITH your tractor today? ie: plowing, hauling, tilling, etc.

• Please log in to reply
3084 replies to this topic

#1771 Reverend Blair OFFLINE  

Reverend Blair

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1659
  • 501 Thanks
  • 952 posts

Posted July 30, 2012 - 04:50 AM

Got some more fill, so I used the 420 to spread it. While I was doing that I decided to take down the stand for my truck cap, so I used the loader to lift the posts out of the ground.
  • hatedge said thank you

#1772 hatedge OFFLINE  

hatedge

Beer Guzzling Canuck

• Member No: 9737
  • 292 Thanks
  • 577 posts

Posted July 31, 2012 - 06:30 AM

Hauled some scrap and some left over wood from the barn, to dispose of it in the towns dump. Was a bit worried about riding the bolens 1.5 mile through the village but it went without problem. Up at 6:30 am for coffe and PB toasts before I go get my lil beast prepared for morning mowing.

#1773 bja105 OFFLINE  

bja105
  • Member No: 10485
  • 196 Thanks
  • 191 posts

Posted August 05, 2012 - 08:13 PM

Yesterday, I used my John Deere LT155 to haul a cart full of kindling wood, then haul the wife and 5 kids visiting the neighbors of my parent's farm. Then I cut the grass.

Today, back at home, I used the front blade on the Ford 80 to push gravel into the ruts my wife and mother make at the top of the driveway when they pull out.
Then I took the kids for a ride in the cart behind the Cub Cadet 72.

#1774 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,294 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted August 09, 2012 - 07:17 AM

Last night I took the SS12 in the parade here in town. Our local club had 7 GT's and 4 full sized tractors as an exhibit.

#1775 Reverend Blair OFFLINE  

Reverend Blair

Tractorholic

• 501 Thanks
  • 952 posts

Posted August 10, 2012 - 06:41 PM

I didn't do anything with my tractor today, and I won't do anything with it this weekend either. As soon as we get back from camping though, I'm using the 420 to put the tent trailer in that special narrow place I like to park it when I'm done wasting time camping so I can get some work done around here.

I don't know about the rest of you, but if I wanted to be a social butterfly I'd have less equipment and put my teeth in more often.
  • twostep said thank you

#1776 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted August 11, 2012 - 09:12 PM

I'm using the 420 to put the tent trailer in that special narrow place I like to park it...

What kind is it? 5 years ago I restored a '63 Apache Silver Eagle that my FIL gave to me and my wife. We love that little thing. We've drug that thing to FL, SC and all over TN and KY. If we get a chance and gas doesn't continue to climb we plan to take it out west too.
004.JPG

Yesterday I hooked up the trailer to the 682 and drove it two miles to a friends house to sit around and drink some cold ones while we watch a brush pile burn

Today I trim mowed with the Craftsman II, finish mowed with the Kubota and then used the 682 to rake and pull the trailer around for landscaping duties. It's been a good GT weekend so far!
  • Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#1777 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted August 11, 2012 - 09:34 PM

I used the D-200 and grader blade to cut the dirt/grass off the edge of the yard/roadway.

#1778 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted August 12, 2012 - 08:04 PM

used the kubota to wrecker and old mower around to the garage and pulled the good running 12.5hp B&S and good rear rims and tires. used the 682 and trailer to haul about a half a ton of rock out of the neighbors yard. then used the Kubota to take the oldest on a ride down the road to see the cows.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_5140.JPG

#1779 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted August 12, 2012 - 08:10 PM

Got to mow the yard again with my Auto14 WH. Glad to have enough rain to keep the grass growing.
  • twostep said thank you

#1780 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted August 12, 2012 - 08:20 PM

What kind is it? 5 years ago I restored a '63 Apache Silver Eagle that my FIL gave to me and my wife. We love that little thing. We've drug that thing to FL, SC and all over TN and KY. If we get a chance and gas doesn't continue to climb we plan to take it out west too.
004.JPG

Yesterday I hooked up the trailer to the 682 and drove it two miles to a friends house to sit around and drink some cold ones while we watch a brush pile burn

Today I trim mowed with the Craftsman II, finish mowed with the Kubota and then used the 682 to rake and pull the trailer around for landscaping duties. It's been a good GT weekend so far!

Looks like a nice little pop up, you did a good job restoring it. It should last you a long time yet. :thumbs:
  • twostep said thank you

#1781 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted August 13, 2012 - 11:06 AM

Thanks Brian, I hope it does. My wife grew up camping in it and I hope that girls can too!

#1782 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,643 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted August 13, 2012 - 05:28 PM

Been mowing with the Kubota G4200 yet again. Since rains returned in earnest, the grass needs mowing every 3 days, but sometimes has to wait 4 or 5 till I have time. I like mowing, but time is so short with silage chopping going on. Better than being dry! :smilewink:
  • twostep said thank you

#1783 Reverend Blair OFFLINE  

Reverend Blair

Tractorholic

• 501 Thanks
  • 952 posts

Posted August 13, 2012 - 07:10 PM

What kind is it?

It's a 1966 Starcraft. We paid $400 for it a few years ago. It's completely unrestored, but it doesn't leak and gives us a place to sleep. We aren't big campers, but when we go to my relatives' or my mother in-law's cottage, bed space tends to be limited. Other than that we have the August long weekend beer-fest once a year.

I have kind of a vague plan to make a tear drop out of the frame when the canvas and bodywork on this one finally disintegrates. I've always wanted a homemade tear drop because they look like a cool project. and I like building with wood.

Mrs. Rev would like to restore this one though...she doesn't like tear drops. Since neither of us sew though, I'm not sure how we'd go about restoring a tent trailer.

Edited by Reverend Blair, August 13, 2012 - 07:20 PM.

• twostep said thank you

#1784 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,060 Thanks
  • 2,434 posts

Posted August 13, 2012 - 10:08 PM

used the 126 to level off around the fire pit today and push the ashes off to the side, its nice to have it running agian. saturday i used my friends 129 to level the neighbors old dog pen area out since all the dogs did was dig craters.

#1785 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted August 14, 2012 - 09:53 AM

It's a 1966 Starcraft...
Mrs. Rev would like to restore this one though...she doesn't like tear drops. Since neither of us sew though, I'm not sure how we'd go about restoring a tent trailer.

I like the tear drops too and like you, my wife wanted this one restored so I did some research and found a contact that retired from the Apache company and bought a bunch of all of the old patterns and heavy sewing machines. See the second post: http://apachepopupca...u.com/topic/770 Dude's name is Paul St. Pierre and lives at the northern tip of hte SP of MI. I called him up and he said you can either bring me the trailer or ship me the old top. I had to fly to MI for business so I just packed it in a suit case and flew it up there. Has a whole shop set up in his basement. He made a whole new top with screen windows and a new road top for $800... not cheap by any means but I figure I it's worth it to us just to have an old classic. We get a lot of comments on it too. I also put a new floor in it and I fab'ed new HD corner jacks. Then I cut a hole in the front panel and installed a small window unit AC (the purest cried).
[/hijack]