Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What did you do WITH your tractor today? ie: plowing, hauling, tilling, etc.

• Please log in to reply
3084 replies to this topic

#1741 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,723 Thanks
  • 8,906 posts

Posted July 08, 2012 - 08:46 PM

Thanks for the pictures.
Let us know how that weed killer works
Is that sprayer powered by anything or is it manual pump? Hard to tell by the pic

It's a 12 volt Fimco 40 gallon sprayer, I got it at TSC.
  • Bolens 1000 said thank you

#1742 twostep ONLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted July 09, 2012 - 10:36 AM

All I did WITH mine was unload it at the new house and park it in it's new home!

#1743 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,443 Thanks
  • 39,678 posts

Posted July 09, 2012 - 04:02 PM

All I did WITH mine was unload it at the new house and park it in it's new home!

Where's the pics? :wewantpics:

#1744 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,630 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted July 09, 2012 - 05:06 PM

Used the MF1855's FEL for about 3 hours today. With everything so dang dry, the rubber tire scraper on the big tractor can't get all the dry pack, so I used my small loader as it can get into all the tight spots. The lot got the best scraping in years today. I got every nook & cranny cleaned, plus the seat time was GREAT therapy! Just as I finished though, I shifted to high range & the shifter rod broke off. Oh well, a job for a rainy day. Wait......there are NO rainy days, so it may never get fixed! :rolleyes:

#1745 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,443 Thanks
  • 39,678 posts

Posted July 09, 2012 - 06:13 PM

Quit speed shifting that thing! Gonna put a Hurst on it?

#1746 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,630 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted July 09, 2012 - 06:29 PM

Quit speed shifting that thing! Gonna put a Hurst on it?

Maybe, but right now I'm saving up for an Edelbrock intake manifold! :smilewink: Seriously though, I'd love to get that Yanmar diesel installed, but I use it all the time, so not enough window of opportunity. It WILL get installed this winter though!
  • KennyP said thank you

#1747 JDGuy445 OFFLINE  

JDGuy445
  • Member No: 10419
  • 356 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted July 09, 2012 - 11:11 PM

Mowed some new grass.

Attached Thumbnails

• 001.JPG

#1748 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted July 10, 2012 - 09:41 PM

Today I loaded up two of my Gravelys and headed to Virginia to do some work. We camp back in the woods once or twice a year, and this year I think one or more of my sisters and their spouses may join us. Here is the crew, ready to travel:
0710120922.jpg
Last time I did any work here was in December of 2011. I knew there was going to be weeds and briars, but the warm winter and cool wet spring really encouraged everything. Here I have arrived at the entrance to our property. I packed the Gravely 5460, 10 HP machine as well as my older 7.6 Machine. The 30 inch brush hog is on the 5460, I have a scoop on the 7.6, and the rotary plow is in the trailer so I can tackle some drainage issues.
downsize1.jpg
Here is the clearing where we pitch a tent. There is an old spring nearby which we like to get water from. Not very clear at the moment, but the Gravely will take care of that!
downsize3.jpg
And on the way back to the campsite, some trees tried to get in my way. I ran over them.
downsize2.jpg
Nothing does the work of a Gravely bush hog.
Here is a shot of the road after I finished and was on my way back to try and solve some drainage issues.
downsize4.jpg
Sorry, no pictures of my drainage issues. The problem is that the road goes through a low spot, actually about 100 yards uphill from the spring, and water has not been draining off. This caused some ruts last December when I visited. I'll probably have some rock or gravel hauled in to help stabilize this, but for now I've used the rotary plow to deepen and add drainage furrows, and ran a furrow directly to one of the ruts that was holding water. Hopefully, now that the water can drain the soil will firm up.

Spent about six hours working and four traveling.
  • RoosterLew said thank you

#1749 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,630 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted July 10, 2012 - 10:26 PM

Looks like you got a world of work done with the Gravely Howard! That roadway looks great!
  • HowardsMF155 said thank you

#1750 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,451 Thanks
  • 6,618 posts

Posted July 11, 2012 - 05:44 AM

Used the the DB 600 walkbehind with the sickle bar to cut the dead peas and between the rows in the garden , then tried using the plow ( 8" ) to see how it would work digging potatoes , Did just one row and that was the easist I ever dug potatoes !!! :dancingbanana: The ground was like a rock and would have been very hard to use a fork to dig them . Also plowed under a weedy unused spot in the garden too .

#1751 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,748 Thanks
  • 7,698 posts

Posted July 11, 2012 - 07:05 PM

I mowed...err... bush hogged the yard with the GTV18

#1752 twostep ONLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted July 14, 2012 - 09:54 PM

Where's the pics? :wewantpics:

I will just as soon as I get the garage organized some...

Today I mowed the yard of the new house for the first time! NOT a fan of the 3pt finish mower. We have too many trees and I spent too much time circling to cut in the trees. Maybe when I get my trim mower going that will help. Regardless I plan to get the belly mower referbished ASAP. I am however very happy with the Kubota... mowed for about 2 hours and burned MAYBE 1/2 gallon of diesel. Can't beat that. Sorry, no pictures.

#1753 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,630 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted July 15, 2012 - 05:22 PM

Just used the MF 1855's FEL to haul barrels of junk to the dumpster. Bout it!

#1754 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted July 16, 2012 - 06:59 AM

The 782 hauled away all the chips from the cut-offs (lost photos??) Here are the big Deeres getting hold of the main trunk. That is the last tree on the east property line since the storm on the 29th. Today I'll start working the west line. The north is o.k. well it's at least holding the cows the way it is, and we ran a temp on the south. The south is just wiped out, it was the oldest on the property so needed done anyway. This section in the photos on the east side was all new just last year, 1265 feet of "high tensile" I've gotta admit once the trees were off we put in some new staples straightened out by hand the bent stuff, tightened up the tension wheels, and you really can't tell. It really does bounce back to shape better than anything I've ever used before.

SANY0079.JPG SANY0101.JPG
  • MH81 said thank you

#1755 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,281 Thanks
  • 28,616 posts

Posted July 16, 2012 - 07:18 AM

Good looking pair of Deere there. I remember when High Tensile wire first came out, went to a demonstration. Watched a guy lay planks on a section of fence with one missing post, then he drove the tractor over the fence. It snapped right back. As a kid that was amazing, as an adult, I wonder how many times you could do that before it snapped & hurt someone or something.