Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What did you do WITH your tractor today? ie: plowing, hauling, tilling, etc.

• Please log in to reply
3084 replies to this topic

#1696 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted June 01, 2012 - 06:49 PM

I've been digging a trench in preparation for building a low wall from landscape blocks and ran into a good sized rock right where the wall needs to be. I managed to pry it up far enough to get a sling around it and then pulled it up out of the trench, slid it onto a piece of plywood and skidded it up the driveway to a hole that needs filling. I disconnected from the sling and shoved it in the hole with the loader bucket. Digging here is full of challenges like that. Heres some pics. In the first picture you can just see the top of the rock at the bottom middle of the picture. I pulled back at an angle towards the house to get it up out of the hole then moved to pull in the direction shown to get it out away from the house.

DSCF7697.jpg

DSCF7702.jpg

DSCF7701.jpg

#1697 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,481 Thanks
  • 4,633 posts

Posted June 02, 2012 - 06:22 PM

Took the 1886 next door and finally got the neighbor's garden tilled.

We've been waiting since it has been so dry and the ground was like concrete. So, he soaked it down pretty good to help, and then...we got a good 1" soaking rain.

Now it's just on the edge of being too wet :( Might let it dry out for a day or two and hit it again. Just for the seat time if nothing else :laughingteeth:

Anyway, I made two passes. I did the 2nd 90* to the first.

#1698 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Amigatec

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5899
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted June 02, 2012 - 06:35 PM

Well I took the little DB to the local tractor show and plowed with it. I was impressed, I had the plow down about 4" and it was rolling the dirt over. I had a full moldboard of sod. But the big boys in those Johnny Poppers pulling those 2 and 3 bottom plows, shore put my the shame.

I stalled it out once, but for only having 2 1/4 horses under the hood and no weight in the wheels, it wasn't lacking for power.

#1699 tractorman604 OFFLINE  

tractorman604
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 683
  • 269 Thanks
  • 694 posts

Posted June 02, 2012 - 06:59 PM

Well you had fun, and the stones to take it out and put her in the dirt.Nice work amigatec! :thumbs: :canada:

#1700 wrbourget OFFLINE  

wrbourget

• Member No: 6649
  • 28 Thanks
  • 138 posts

Posted June 02, 2012 - 10:01 PM

Not doing much work on my own stuff trying to make the best out of the spring rush good balance of rain and sun people braking there mowers, used mowers seem to be the thing this year, I have never had to go out and look for mowers to sell but it must be the sighn of the times we are in. I'm selling an average of two mowers a day I have a few lawn tractors and i can't seem to get them ready to sell because of the mowers but i have to buckle down and just get them done.

#1701 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted June 02, 2012 - 11:37 PM

My Daughter Bailey drove my WH Auto14 around for a while, she loves driving my GT's around.

#1702 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,612 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted June 03, 2012 - 10:14 AM

Got the MF1855 w/fel out yet again to haul some scrap stuff to the dumpster. Had some old vinyl floor tile & ceramic tile that's quite heavy, so piled them up on the forks & off to the dumpster they went. Much easier on the back.

#1703 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,419 Thanks
  • 39,668 posts

Posted June 03, 2012 - 11:03 AM

Got the tailgate and latch built of my dump trailer. Loaded it for a trial run. Here's the video:
http://gardentractor..._30#entry175049

#1704 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted June 04, 2012 - 12:51 PM

Mowed the yard with the GT 5000 on saturday, with the help of my wife, she mowed half the yard, then I put her to work with the cultivator in the garden,

Sunday I used the the ford lgt 165 to knock down the weeds in the soon to be planted corn patch.

#1705 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted June 04, 2012 - 10:08 PM

Well plans change. I had intended to work on the carb on my 318 when i got home tonight.
But the seedhouse had 10 rasberries and 1 blueberry delivered. So I used the Murray and garden cart to transplant 8 golden &b 8 red rasberries and plant the new Blacks hwere the reds were. Hauled about 40 gal of water..
It was 9:00 before I got to to the 318, but I think it's right. will test tomorrow.

Edited by JD DANNELS, June 04, 2012 - 10:09 PM.

#1706 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,612 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted June 05, 2012 - 06:57 PM

Again, using the Massey 1850 w/FEL, I dug out half of Teresa's flower garden & sliced 10" downward all over to cut the vine roots that had taken over. Lots of large "garden rocks" to be removed. I left the largest, as it's way beyond my FEL's capabilities. I could have drug the rock out, but easy enough to work around it. Later I'll haul in some composted dirt, then replace the landscape timbers. The main reason I finally got to this job was because the timbers on the upper side were rotted out. No better time to get the Massey out for some seat time!

DSC00871.JPG DSC00872.JPG

These beds are where I brought composted dirt several days ago with the Massey. I replaced most of the timbers this evening. Everything is still a mess, so don't mind the clutter.

DSC00873.JPG

I have a Yanmar diesel waiting to go into this tractor, but I use it too often to do without it while changing it over. Maybe this winter!

#1707 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted June 08, 2012 - 08:36 AM

Finished mowing and bagging the lawn last night with the 318. I bag so I can use the clippings to mulch the garden.
So it took 3 evenings to get it done.
Hauled 30 gal of water with the Murray to water the rasberries planted and transplanted Monday night.
And blew out the dust and junk out of the 318 last night.

#1708 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted June 11, 2012 - 07:47 PM

I took a ride on the elec trak to check the sweet corn with dad. He rode his 582. After that, I hitched the wagon up to the elec trak and hauled several huge bags of extra potting mix into the barn. Good seat time.

#1709 hatedge OFFLINE  

hatedge

Beer Guzzling Canuck

• Member No: 9737
  • 292 Thanks
  • 577 posts

Posted June 12, 2012 - 08:28 PM

Took the 1886 out for a spin down the street to haul some angle iron, then popped a tire when I got home :(
Luckily my tires are 6 ply pick-up tires and I can still mow the lawn till I get a new one :)

#1710 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted June 12, 2012 - 08:32 PM

I had removed some rose bushes and some flowering bulbs from the grounds at Dad's house and wanted to transplant them here. So, I used the Gravely to till up some ground, added some topsoil, then used the Gravely with plow to dig the holes for the rose bushes.