Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What did you do WITH your tractor today? ie: plowing, hauling, tilling, etc.

• Please log in to reply
3086 replies to this topic

#1681 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted May 21, 2012 - 11:14 AM

I think I mentioned a couple weeks ago I had to put a new center spindlle housing in my Murray Yard King.( Thank God it's rebuildable, I saved about $30 by not having to buy shafts and all).
That went well enough untill I tested it and had the blade come loose, tightened it and it came loose again.
Don't put that cupped Compression Washer on upside down! It flat won't work!
So I pulled the deck back off and decided since I had a complete set of spare blades hanging on the wall, I sharpened them and commenced to changing them. And could not get the other blades loose? I wound up taking a 4X4 and a C Clamp and clamping the 4X4 inside the deck to jam the blades against Saturday night.
So Yesterday I put the deck back on and mowed a couple acres around the garden,berry patches and my mini-Orchard, and mowed the front &and East half of the yard. Now tonight I have to mow the backyard so I can string the hoses to water the garden, and the west section of the yard.
I have come to accept the fact that I will never have the whole place mowed at once, it's a continuing saga.

BTW the Garden, Berry Patch and orchard look great after you mow around them.

Edited by JD DANNELS, May 21, 2012 - 11:21 AM.

#1682 Trav1s ONLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• Member No: 5472
  • 2,604 Thanks
  • 3,752 posts

Posted May 22, 2012 - 09:17 PM

Mowed my lawn and a bit of grass for a couple of local businesses. People still have strange looks on their face when they see the old RF 110 at work.

#1683 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,488 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted May 22, 2012 - 11:01 PM

I thought I was going to do some work on the neighbor's garden for him to day.

Figured that I would try to use the cultivators on the 1886 to kinda break up the ground a bit, and then roto till it with the 1256.

Well, got there and he had a lot of stuff, corn stalks, left over vegitation from last year, etc, so I decided to forego that.

However, he did have a hole dug in the yard that needed filled in, so I used the FEL on the 1886 to do that.

Went back to the house, and fired up the 1256, figuring that I'd just till it, and hope the get the 'trash' worked in as best as I could.

That did not go well. 1/2 way through the first pass, HUGE cloud of smoke from the rear end. Turns out the universal was getting REALLY hot, so I went back to the house, and started putting the big tiller on the 1886.

See the "wrenching" thread for how THAT went :mad2:

#1684 GTTinkerer OFFLINE  

GTTinkerer

GT Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1564
  • 1,153 Thanks
  • 1,326 posts

Posted May 23, 2012 - 11:06 PM

Went out to the SIL today and used his new used New Holland TC29 to finish burying the electrical cable from the garage to his new pole barn that replaced the barn lost in a fire last fall. Put on the finish deck to mow part of the yard under some scrub pine trees and I figure that along the way a branch must have knocked off my right hearing aid. $2000 gone in an instant but I didn't know it was missing until could not hear the TV this evening

Bill

Edited by GTTinkerer, May 23, 2012 - 11:07 PM.

#1685 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted May 24, 2012 - 07:53 PM

Boy am I tuckered out and the Murray is resting. Hauled a bunch of limbs I cut out of the Maple tree to the firewood pile.
Had about 1/2 acre of grass across the waterway that got out of hand, while both Gt;s were waiting for parts a couple weeks ago.
That stuff was 3 ft high. Mowed once to knock down, mowed again to get the stuff that just pushed over, mowed a third time to blow it into windrows I can pick up. I've hauled 4 10 cu ft carts of mulch out to the garden and mulched 4 50 ft rows of tomatoes.

Tomorrow I'll probably have to haul 12-16 loads of mulch to finish the job.

#1686 daytime dave ONLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted May 24, 2012 - 10:21 PM

Today, I plowed. With the GE E20, Sears Super 12 and the 582. It was a very nice day.

#1687 Reverend Blair OFFLINE  

Reverend Blair

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1659
  • 501 Thanks
  • 952 posts

Posted May 27, 2012 - 08:51 AM

Yesterday I hauled three yards of dirt with the dump truck, dumped it on the ground, filled up the big planter for my wife using the FEL on the 420, spread the rest around the trees we planted a couple of weeks ago (again with the 420), then raked it out by hand and seeded grass.

I didn't get the front mowed though, and I didn't get the tent trailer moved. Today it's raining.

#1688 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted May 27, 2012 - 08:53 AM

Yesterday I used my MF1855 to drag a cow molasses lick tank from the field. I'll have another thread about that later. Today I hope to have time to use the loader to haul a couple or 3 buckets of dirt for her flower beds.

#1689 Delmar ONLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,323 Thanks
  • 2,416 posts

Posted May 27, 2012 - 08:22 PM

I sure do like my Bolens 1600. It is one heck of a fine mower. I used it to mow mine and my neighbors' yard today.

#1690 MF10Ryan OFFLINE  

MF10Ryan

• Contributor
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 7917
  • 244 Thanks
  • 74 posts

Posted May 28, 2012 - 09:24 PM

Dad and I went to the FCVAEC display at the Cochranton Block Party I guess I could call it... anyways, I just drove my mf10 over to "Park it" and as soon as I pulled in, I saw Uncle Rod's Pink MH-Pacer, and I told him that he was doin' just great untill somone figured out how to "Hack" the voting thing on the "Sexy Tractor" contest. Anywho, I talked to an Indian arrowhead/Antique expert today for about... 2-3 Hours, he was a Really REALLY nice felleh'. to sum up the day, Dad, and I had Lotsa' fun!

~Ryan~
  • MH81 and KennyP have said thanks

#1691 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,488 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted May 29, 2012 - 05:42 PM

Took the G10 with the MacKissic chipper/shredder over to the neighbor's today.

He had a bumch of cornstalks left over from last summer's garden. I ran them thru the shredder, in preperation of tilling it later this week.

Ground is like concrete, so he's going to soak it for awhile tohelp soften it up for tilling. I'll be using the 1886 for that.

#1692 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted May 29, 2012 - 07:32 PM

Yesterday dug out an old flower bed for Teresa with my MF1855 w/FEL. Then hauled in some good old black dirt to renew it. Today I used the same tractor to place several 200lb protein block tubs out to the dry cows & heifers. Oh....and mowed the yard this evening with the Kubota G4200.

#1693 wrbourget OFFLINE  

wrbourget

• Member No: 6649
  • 28 Thanks
  • 138 posts

Posted May 30, 2012 - 08:22 AM

More of my farmall

My farmall

Another nice farmall A

100_0688.JPG
100_0689.JPG
This Tractor had been sitting in that same spot for over 20 years I needed the space and decided to get it out of there, clean the points, put some water int the rad, little gas and it started like it was used every day. More pictures to come It's been about two weeks of getting the bugs out of it But did a pass with the mower last night but it got to dark so had to give it up ready to go for some more today can't wait.

#1694 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted May 30, 2012 - 12:22 PM

Yesterday I pulled Dad's old LI Gravely and put a sickle mower attachment on. I then went into his old garden and cut down all the weeds. The guy I've had doing the grass cutting (He does it cheaper than what it costs me to drive) won't cut the garden, so it has been growing up in weeds. Kind of a bitter sweet feeling, operating the tractor, on a peice of ground he produced so much good food from.

#1695 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted May 31, 2012 - 10:37 AM

Been rebuilding a fence line & adding a walk through for fly control rope wick. Used the MF1855 w/FEL to carry the posts & other supplies. Also used it with the forks to carry the 16' gate to the site. This thing has paid for itself many times over!