Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What did you do WITH your tractor today? ie: plowing, hauling, tilling, etc.

• Please log in to reply
3080 replies to this topic

#1636 wrbourget OFFLINE  

wrbourget

• Member No: 6649
  • 28 Thanks
  • 138 posts

Posted April 15, 2012 - 08:28 PM

resize_image_77389394.jpg P041412_1742.jpg

Had a pretty bad day the funny thing is the little one goes through this little hole all the time but I finally got it out after blowing a hose on one of the lift rams and bending the poop of the lower sheet metal.

Edited by wrbourget, April 15, 2012 - 08:32 PM.

#1637 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,371 Thanks
  • 39,644 posts

Posted April 15, 2012 - 08:36 PM

Oops! Guess the little one floated through that stuff!

#1638 HowardsMF155 ONLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,698 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted April 15, 2012 - 08:48 PM

GE 059.JPG Did some mowing with the "scrap yard" Massey today after installing new turfs and adding water. I weighed before and after, it was 50 lbs of water in each wheel. Traction was improved, plus the tractor seemed a bit less "tippy" when hitting bumps on side hills.

#1639 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted April 19, 2012 - 09:33 PM

I did some tilling in the garden today with the Bolens 1000. The old gal did a good job. Since we have some rocky soil I also had the Bolens 800 with the utility trailer close by as I picked rocks from the garden. Just turned out to be a good day for some seat time.

#1640 wrbourget OFFLINE  

wrbourget

• 28 Thanks
  • 138 posts

Posted April 19, 2012 - 10:03 PM

Did some mowing with my L130 then i got out my Simplisity Sunrunner I love that little machine and it runs good for what it is.
I love this thing it

#1641 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted April 20, 2012 - 07:31 PM

I was going to hook the utility cart to my Bolens 800 again today to do some work in the garden. Decided to hook the granddaughter's MF12 instead. I knew she would enjoy driving her tractor while towing the cart. I just had to wait till she got home from school.She was definitely excited when I told her about our work plans.Very good day.

#1642 broken2 OFFLINE  

broken2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 85
  • 279 Thanks
  • 425 posts

Posted April 21, 2012 - 08:03 PM

I was going to hook the utility cart to my Bolens 800 again today to do some work in the garden. Decided to hook the granddaughter's MF12 instead. I knew she would enjoy driving her tractor while towing the cart. I just had to wait till she got home from school.She was definitely excited when I told her about our work plans.Very good day.

Brings back memories. We had a big yard with a lot of trees when I was growing up. I always hated it in the spring because we had to pick up a lot of limbs and crap that fell out of the trees over the winter before we could mow. Then one spring my dad let me drive the tractor! It was a 66' mf10 pulling a homemade trailer made from the back of a ford f100 pickup. I looked forward to "picking up sticks" after that. That's why my first GT was a mf12.
  • grand and olcowhand have said thanks

#1643 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted April 21, 2012 - 08:22 PM

We also have a few trees that require some clean up before mowing. Just another excuse to fire up one of the old tractors.

#1644 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,585 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted April 22, 2012 - 07:58 PM

Today I was going spend my 1 day off work fixing my tractors, but instead I spent some time driving tractors, cutting grass for my neighbor. I still had to service his tractor, oil change and grease but that didn't take long.
His tractor
torro 007.jpg torro 005.jpg
torro 008.jpg torro 006.jpg

#1645 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted April 23, 2012 - 08:35 AM

Did a little mowing with the GT5000, I was trying to get the yard cut before I tore the Gt5000 apart to fix the head gasket. The belt from the deck to the motor decided it was done and came apart on me. I had to borrow dad's mower to finish the yard.

#1646 wrbourget OFFLINE  

wrbourget

• 28 Thanks
  • 138 posts

Posted April 23, 2012 - 10:48 PM

Been trying to plant some deer grass out in the wetland but kept getting tractors stuck got a Zetor buried and blew loader lines, not having much luck getting it harrowed and last night it rained a lot, might give up the idea but I'm going to try running an old David Bradly i got recently through there. I was out fooling around with it today and got into some serious mud with it and it just pulled it's self through it with no problem, I think i'm going to give it a try.P041412_1742.jpg resize_image_77389394.jpg Tom.jpg DB.JPG

#1647 Bud OFFLINE  

Bud

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 650
  • 341 Thanks
  • 404 posts

Posted April 24, 2012 - 07:14 AM

Got the Sears lt2000 out and did the first mowing of the year. Late last night I drove a two hour trip to pick up a 10' plow, cultivator, and disc from a guy. Finally got me a plow, yeh haw.

#1648 Reverend Blair OFFLINE  

Reverend Blair

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1659
  • 501 Thanks
  • 952 posts

Posted April 30, 2012 - 05:29 AM

Saturday was nice. First I had to cut off and drill out holes on the s-tine cultivator I bought this winter. A previous owner had welded category 1 pins onto it, so I had to category 0 pins onto it. That took a while because drilling through old weld with cheap drill bits is kind of time consuming. Also, on Saturdays the only place to buy Cat 0 pins is the JD dealership, so I had to drive down there. I got it done though.

Once I had the cultivator on, I used it to take a couple of runs up and down the path I have to bring in more clay fill for. That area is low and gets wet and rutted as a result. I've been bringing in fill when I can get it (they don't like to deliver out here) and building it up. I've been keeping it tilled to keep the weeds down.

Then I decided to break up some sod and dirt for where I'm planting a garden this year. I made enough room for taters, onions, and carrots. Then Mrs. Rev started talking about peas, so I ripped up some more to make room for that. Since there was a strip of grass between the two patches, I decided I might as well break that too. I think I might put peppers there.

Anyway, once I had it broken up, I put the tiller on the tractor. I needed Mrs. Rev's help with that, since the tiller has a tendency to roll when you hook it up. It became pretty clear that I have to give Mrs. Rev some tractor and safety lessons during that. I actually had to yell at her once. In more than 25 years together, I don't think I've yelled at her more than three times, but yelling is better than amputated fingers. She scared the living heck out of me when I realized what she was doing...trying to guide the lift arms into the tiller. So I put her on the tractor while I steadied the tiller, since I know how to keep my fingers out of the way. The first thing she did was slow the engine down to an idle, then she put it into full reverse. After that she made the loader go up and down instead of the 3 pt. So next weekend is tractor lessons.

Anyway, we got the tiller on and I worked up the future seed bed pretty well. It looks okay. The soil in that area is pretty good. I seeded part of it to grass almost a decade ago and the rest about five years ago because the soil was becoming depleted. It sure is dry though. We got rain yesterday though, and will be getting more today, so maybe we'll get out of this dry period yet.

I'm still hoping for a hard frost or two to help kill the grass I turned over. It's still about three weeks to seeding time.

#1649 wrbourget OFFLINE  

wrbourget

• 28 Thanks
  • 138 posts

Posted April 30, 2012 - 07:44 PM

Been trying to plant some deer grass out in the wetland but kept getting tractors stuck got a Zetor buried and blew loader lines, not having much luck getting it harrowed and last night it rained a lot, might give up the idea but I'm going to try running an old David Bradly i got recently through there. I was out fooling around with it today and got into some serious mud with it and it just pulled it's self through it with no problem, I think i'm going to give it a try.P041412_1742.jpg resize_image_77389394.jpg Tom.jpg DB.JPG

That David Bradly is quite a tractor not only is it powerful but it does a really good job, nice deep cuts with the bottom plow and the harrows really cut with no effort or weight on it, and it's all done with a 3 horse engine. I was thinking I was going to sell it but now I'm thinking i wanna keep it for being what 60 or more years old it's still as useful as a brand spanking new tractor could be better than a new one.
I did the lawn today with the L130 and my simplicity sunrunner dang yard looks goooood! The guy across the street came over he said he just had to know what the heck i was mowing with not Manny people have heard of a sunrunner and i didn't either till a got this one.

Oh Took out another coyote to didn't get to soot it someone hit it with a car but none the less it's another one gone, I hate killing them like this but there a danger to the kids and livestock. Been Killing rabbits and critters but the coyotes are not going away there just killing cats and small dogs some ones piglets there is just to many and there too close to the houses so they have to go.

Edited by wrbourget, April 30, 2012 - 08:02 PM.

#1650 Rupe OFFLINE  

Rupe
  • Member No: 9486
  • 2 Thanks
  • 17 posts

Posted May 02, 2012 - 08:52 AM

We got that same coyote problem here too! I go out and hunt them now and then.
Yesterday I started making ditchs along one of the roads in to our place. I was using a back blade tilted and angled down and forward. It's going to be a slow job with my Craftsman 917- I'm using the Brinly box scraper blade with the end plates removed and a bracket bolted to the sleeve hitch lower right arm to tilt the blade. It works but slow. But hey that's just more seat time! :-)

Edited by Rupe, May 02, 2012 - 08:53 AM.