Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What did you do WITH your tractor today? ie: plowing, hauling, tilling, etc.

• Please log in to reply
3080 replies to this topic

#1516 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,355 Thanks
  • 39,630 posts

Posted February 24, 2012 - 04:00 AM

Not sure! I'll set it on the scales and see.

#1517 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted February 24, 2012 - 05:29 AM

Sounds like it did a nice job,Kenny.

#1518 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted February 24, 2012 - 08:59 AM

44" chunk of rail road iron has to take some work to get it up on the blade.

it should weigh around 166lbs from what I've read rail road iron weighs a foot.

#1519 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,355 Thanks
  • 39,630 posts

Posted February 24, 2012 - 05:45 PM

Well this must not be the heavy stuff, weights 75 lbs. That is still a good weight for the box blade. Here's some after pics of what I did.
Image001.jpg Image002.jpg Image003.jpg Image006.jpg
As you can see , the parking area is way above the floor. There was sort of a ditch there, just low in spots and high in others. In the last pic, you can see 2 pieces of concrete extending out from the front overhead door. I plan to notch these about 4" to let water thru.

#1520 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted February 25, 2012 - 07:48 PM

Got a couple inches of snow in Lisbon, NH so got the Speedex out and cleared the drive and out to the wood piles. Almost an hour of seat time today!! :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:

#1521 Tinkerer OFFLINE  

Tinkerer

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 259
  • 18 Thanks
  • 200 posts

Posted February 28, 2012 - 07:57 AM

The things we will do for our kids. Since we haven't had much snow this winter here in Central New Hampshire and we received some on Saturday I decided to cover the driveway yesterday morning so the kids could ride the Arctic Cat ZR120. Since there was no snow where the vehicles were parked I scraped the rest of the driveway and pushed it with the Bolens 1600 Eliminator and snow blade. I made a path across the driveway so they could ride around the house and they all rode for over an hour and a half. While they were riding I was tinkering on a couple of chain saws my FIL got for me just before they went into the trash hopper at the transfer station. It was nice to have some seat time on the GT since there hasn't been any snow. They are saying we could get 6 to 8 in. between Wednesday night and Thursday but I will believe it when I see it.
2012-02-27_11-03-45_994.jpg The track I built for the snowmobile is on the right of the picture.
2012-02-27_10-57-51_5.jpg

Edited by Tinkerer, February 28, 2012 - 08:05 AM.

#1522 Delmar OFFLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,316 Thanks
  • 2,412 posts

Posted March 01, 2012 - 04:01 PM

I didn't really DO anything with it today, 'cept drive it around the yard some. Too nice to stay inside. the 316 turned out great.

Edited by JBBR, March 02, 2012 - 09:22 PM.

#1523 dstaggs OFFLINE  

dstaggs

In Remembrance, RIP Dale

• RIP
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 228
  • 553 Thanks
  • 1,781 posts

Posted March 01, 2012 - 07:55 PM

Well I know I'm early but it was in the 70's and dry so I broke my garden with the 16-6, Then put in some early peas, Also started 1 tomato plant

#1524 Toolpartzman OFFLINE  

Toolpartzman

Fun With Horsepower

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 7171
  • 468 Thanks
  • 1,280 posts

Posted March 03, 2012 - 07:08 AM

Well I know I'm early but it was in the 70's and dry so I broke my garden with the 16-6, Then put in some early peas, Also started 1 tomato plant

I hear "Bad Boy " mowers adding a plant up your way. Good news for economy.

#1525 GTTinkerer OFFLINE  

GTTinkerer

GT Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1564
  • 1,152 Thanks
  • 1,326 posts

Posted March 03, 2012 - 01:23 PM

Tried to blow over two feet of heavy wet snow with the Sears 18 hp and single stage snowblower. Worked fine for awhile and then the transmission locked up.

I guess the rest should go in what I do "To" the tractor but I removed the fenders and seat and pulled shifter out and found that the 2nd/3rd slider was in 3rd and the shifter had moved the reverse/1st slider to reverse. Seems like it could not make up it.s mind whether to go forwards or backwards. Moved both back to neutral but the 2nd/3rd seemed to be loose. Put it back together and used it for about 10 minutes until the same thing happened. I figure the detent for 2nd and 3rd must have stuck closed allowing the slider to move on it's own. Transaxle will probably need to be pulled and disassembled, tomorrow seems like a good day to start doing that. Maybe I'll just borrow the transaxle out of my son's GTII.

Hand shoveled enough to get the truck in the yard plus one space and that was enough for today. Suns out so hopefully the rest will melt.

Edited by GTTinkerer, March 03, 2012 - 01:25 PM.

#1526 Reverend Blair OFFLINE  

Reverend Blair

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1659
  • 501 Thanks
  • 952 posts

Posted March 03, 2012 - 04:43 PM

Wooooooooooot! I'm clearing snow. Just came in to thaw my toes and have a beer. Another hour and I'll be at the alley so I can drive around and clear the driveway. Then I should be able to widen the tractor path in the back again.

For the first time since I got the tractor I'm having traction problems that aren't self-induced. well, they are kind of self-induced...I neglected to clear the path due to not having much snow this year, and it formed layers of heavy snow and powder. Now there's lots of snow and where it isn't a foot deep there are drifts. Too heavy for the rear blade, too voluminous to deal with easily by bucket. The result is that I clear about five feet at a time and build little piles all along my trail. It's time consuming and we all know what that means. More seat time!

#1527 Reverend Blair OFFLINE  

Reverend Blair

Tractorholic

• 501 Thanks
  • 952 posts

Posted March 03, 2012 - 07:12 PM

And I'm done. The path is clear, the driveway is clear, the neighbour's sidewalk is clear, and the guy in the alley I talk to sometimes now has access to his garage and a spot for his wife to park her car. The grader guy kind of decided they should shovel. A lot. The rude man who lives beside them is on his own though...it's the price he pays for being rude.

#1528 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted March 03, 2012 - 07:33 PM

(Hand shoveled enough to get the truck in the yard plus one space and that was enough for today. Suns out so hopefully the rest will melt) Sorry to hear that you had to do so much shoveling Bill. Hopefully you will have an easy fix. Sounds like you already have a solution to your problem. Keep us posted.

#1529 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted March 03, 2012 - 07:39 PM

And I'm done. The path is clear, the driveway is clear, the neighbour's sidewalk is clear, and the guy in the alley I talk to sometimes now has access to his garage and a spot for his wife to park her car. The grader guy kind of decided they should shovel. A lot. The rude man who lives beside them is on his own though...it's the price he pays for being rude.

Glad to know that you got your snow removed. It's funny how those rude folks have to do so much on their own. Treat others like you want to be treated.Sounds like you may have enjoyed today's seat time and the friendly neighbors I'm sure appreciated your efforts.

#1530 Reverend Blair OFFLINE  

Reverend Blair

Tractorholic

• 501 Thanks
  • 952 posts

Posted March 03, 2012 - 07:57 PM

Glad to know that you got your snow removed. It's funny how those rude folks have to do so much on their own. Treat others like you want to be treated.Sounds like you may have enjoyed today's seat time and the friendly neighbors I'm sure appreciated your efforts.

Enjoyed it immensely. I'm way short on seat-time this winter.

As for the rude guy...we have three like that around here. The rest all help each other out. So you'd think the three rude people would at least help each other out, but they don't. Rugged individualists, I guess.