Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What did you do WITH your tractor today? ie: plowing, hauling, tilling, etc.

• Please log in to reply
3084 replies to this topic

#1501 tractorman604 OFFLINE  

tractorman604
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 683
  • 269 Thanks
  • 694 posts

Posted February 19, 2012 - 06:42 PM

Ya ,crazy weather Brian! seems the weather patterns all over the world are all messed up :canada:
  • Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#1502 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted February 19, 2012 - 08:01 PM

Well, hauled a load of "you know what" for momma's tire gardens.SANY0299resized.jpg

#1503 wrbourget OFFLINE  

wrbourget

• Member No: 6649
  • 28 Thanks
  • 138 posts

Posted February 20, 2012 - 08:38 AM

Hay guys I'm looking at a Wagner Little giant 450 It's in good shape with a deck and some kind of 3 point looking thig on it, the 4.5 hp engine is off and i don't know if it's running or not do'nt know about the trans axle but i'm just wondering if someone would have an idea what its woth.

#1504 wrbourget OFFLINE  

wrbourget

• 28 Thanks
  • 138 posts

Posted February 20, 2012 - 08:46 AM

Did some more brush cuting yesterday But used my L130 I need to make a hitch for my 990 my trailer won't fit on my 990 because of the 3 point and the rest are burried in the shed so i think thats going to be my project for today.

Edited by wrbourget, February 20, 2012 - 08:47 AM.

#1505 wrbourget OFFLINE  

wrbourget

• 28 Thanks
  • 138 posts

Posted February 20, 2012 - 08:59 AM

I know this is a GT forumn,but I had so much fun today with my bigger Farm Tractor I have to post it. As I have stated before I have restored a 55 Ford 600 tractor in honor of my son that passed away from a stroke 6 years ago,well today 1 of his sons (my grandson) and I took that tractor and a borrowed one just like it on a 50 mile tractor with the Florida Flywheeelers tractor club. It was an honor to have my graandsaon drive his Fathers tractor and I drove the borrowed one.

That's awsome I love hearing things like that.
  • tinbender7 said thank you

#1506 tinbender7 OFFLINE  

tinbender7

FORDoholic

• Member No: 5171
  • 1,113 Thanks
  • 784 posts

Posted February 20, 2012 - 09:24 AM

here are some pictures from the ride my Grandsaon and I took Sat.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC084981.JPG
  • DSC083511.JPG
  • DSC084291.JPG
  • DSC085031.JPG
  • DSC085561.JPG

Edited by tinbender7, February 20, 2012 - 09:25 AM.

• Michiganmobileman and wrbourget have said thanks

#1507 wrbourget OFFLINE  

wrbourget

• 28 Thanks
  • 138 posts

Posted February 20, 2012 - 10:25 AM

here are some pictures from the ride my Grandsaon and I took Sat.

About a year and a half ago my Dad got diagnosed with ALS and now he pretty much turned into a rock he can't do nothing, he cant even talk, but before he got to this point he took me out to the barn and stood next to his Farmall A that he restored and said, "I want you to have my tractor to give to my grandson when he gets old enough". My son and my Dad had a storng bond, they were like two peas in a pod, and it was because of tractors and the garden. My son is three and a half now and loves that tractor we sit on it and he pretends he is driving it, he calls it his tractor but he don't really understand yet but some day he will know that his grand dad gave it to him.
  • tinbender7 said thank you

#1508 tinbender7 OFFLINE  

tinbender7

FORDoholic

• Member No: 5171
  • 1,113 Thanks
  • 784 posts

Posted February 20, 2012 - 04:38 PM

About a year and a half ago my Dad got diagnosed with ALS and now he pretty much turned into a rock he can't do nothing, he cant even talk, but before he got to this point he took me out to the barn and stood next to his Farmall A that he restored and said, "I want you to have my tractor to give to my grandson when he gets old enough". My son and my Dad had a storng bond, they were like two peas in a pod, and it was because of tractors and the garden. My son is three and a half now and loves that tractor we sit on it and he pretends he is driving it, he calls it his tractor but he don't really understand yet but some day he will know that his grand dad gave it to him.

WOW what a legacy for your son.Most of the tractors at the club have a story of the family ties to the tractor.

#1509 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• Member No: 7818
  • 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted February 20, 2012 - 07:08 PM

I pulled out the tractor in the driveway to let the sun melt snow off it underneath and handwashed the cab windows and and the hood , now it's nice and shiney again.

#1510 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,630 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted February 20, 2012 - 07:13 PM

Got my Massey 1855 w/FEL out to cut the angle in the dirt for first layer of giant concrete blocks for my other silage pit wall. Good to have some GT seat time!

#1511 wrbourget OFFLINE  

wrbourget

• 28 Thanks
  • 138 posts

Posted February 20, 2012 - 08:30 PM

Used my pole saw today got some apple trees i haven't payed much attention to in the past two years my niece wants to try some gardening this year i can always use some help.

#1512 Reverend Blair OFFLINE  

Reverend Blair

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1659
  • 501 Thanks
  • 952 posts

Posted February 21, 2012 - 06:33 PM

I cleared snow! Third time this year, but the first time it really needed to be done. When I have some time and some long underwear that aren't soaked from ankle to knee, I have to clear the path from where I park my tractor in back to around the front...kept getting stuck. That's a time-consuming job though, so it'll wait.

#1513 tinner OFFLINE  

tinner

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 961
  • 502 Thanks
  • 1,561 posts

Posted February 23, 2012 - 06:00 PM

Got a little seat time this afternoon mowing grass. Didn't want to over do it so I drank a cold one and will do the weed eating tomorrow.

#1514 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,440 Thanks
  • 39,677 posts

Posted February 23, 2012 - 07:23 PM

Finally got the rings seated real good in my Ford LGT 165 today. Used it and the box blade down at the shop to cut better drainage around the building. While I was at it, I smoothed the parking area some. Didn't get pics, but if you want I'll add some tomorrow.. Ran it for about 6 hrs. Used no oil and only 1 1/5- 2 Gallons of gas. She did great once I took the float lift bar off and used the one for down pressure. Some of this rock was about 4" diameter and mashed in real good. Teeth did excellent, though I may add an extra set of holes so they don't dig so deep at times. I had a chunk of RR Iron on the blade for weight. It's about 44" long.
  • tinner said thank you

#1515 tinner OFFLINE  

tinner

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 961
  • 502 Thanks
  • 1,561 posts

Posted February 23, 2012 - 10:55 PM

Sounds like that blade's working well for you Kenny. What do you think that 44" stick of rail weighs?