Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What did you do WITH your tractor today? ie: plowing, hauling, tilling, etc.

• Please log in to reply
3086 replies to this topic

#1486 Delmar OFFLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,323 Thanks
  • 2,416 posts

Posted February 14, 2012 - 12:58 PM

I like the idea of taking the GT to the coffeeshop. Down right cool. I have driven mine over to a friends house before (about 5 blocks or so from me) but never to the store. I have a question tho. Where'd you tie up the reins to that horse? :laughingteeth:

Edited by Jimbobbillyray, February 14, 2012 - 01:04 PM.

• tractorman604 said thank you

#1487 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted February 14, 2012 - 03:18 PM

Drove the wheelhorse down to the coffee shop to have a coffee and read the paper.

Man, if I drove one of mine to the nearest coffee shop, it would take me about 1 hour just to get there! That's doing just under 11mph.
  • tractorman604 said thank you

#1488 wrbourget OFFLINE  

wrbourget

• Member No: 6649
  • 28 Thanks
  • 138 posts

Posted February 15, 2012 - 07:58 AM

Not much going on right now my dad has ALS been spending alot of time with him but i did some clean up around the yard hauled some brush and stuff like that with my L130, didn't use any of my old tractors. I did add a new member to my collection I traded it for some old motocycles i had lying around not doing me any good so i couldn't say no.

Attached Thumbnails

• P1020021.JPG
  • P1020022.JPG

Edited by wrbourget, February 15, 2012 - 07:59 AM.

• KennyP said thank you

#1489 Delmar OFFLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,323 Thanks
  • 2,416 posts

Posted February 15, 2012 - 08:41 AM

Nice find!

#1490 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• Member No: 7818
  • 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted February 16, 2012 - 02:18 PM

We got 2 inches of wet snow so I got out the JD 455 and did my driveway and a couple of the neighbors. Then I started up one of the mini loaders and pushed back some hard snowbanks with the weather above freezing. I almost broke my blade off hitting them this morning.

#1491 lbuhler OFFLINE  

lbuhler

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3535
  • 5 Thanks
  • 14 posts

Posted February 16, 2012 - 06:23 PM

Got the speedex S24 out today - went down to the very back and took advantage of this really wet groud. Was able to push some honey suckle stumps up that have been coming back every year.
Never did get to test anything on snow this year. I have a Husqvarna 24K54 with a blade, loaded tires and chains - I have the Red Cub Cadet 782 with a blade on it and the Speedex S24 with a blade - none of them got to push a single flake of snow this year.
BUT - I did push up some stumps today and make a muddy mess. Ended up driving to the car wash and having to wash it all off before I put her to bed. I looked like the pide-piper of little old men. I could barely get home without someone stopping me and asking me about it.
At least a Speedex is a head turner.
Ed

#1492 tinbender7 OFFLINE  

tinbender7

FORDoholic

• Member No: 5171
  • 1,113 Thanks
  • 784 posts

Posted February 16, 2012 - 09:58 PM

I cleaned up the whole fleet of tractors (4) to get ready to take to the Florida Flywheelers Show on Sat. had to get that all done today, tomorrow have to take wife to Dr which may take all day.The show does not start until next Wed the 22, but I try to take my stuff the Sat before, That way I have a couple more days to play out there.

#1493 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted February 16, 2012 - 10:49 PM

Make sure you post some photos once your set up. Tractors and sunshine sound really good about now here in Ohio.

#1494 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted February 18, 2012 - 06:12 PM

Got another round of snowblowing in. Between the stuff we got last night and the accumulation from the last week or so there was quite a bit of it and it was wet and heavy.

Got about halfway up the driveway on the first pass and the blower drive belt broke. Fortunately I had a spare on hand :thumbs: so was only down for short time.

#1495 tinbender7 OFFLINE  

tinbender7

FORDoholic

• Member No: 5171
  • 1,113 Thanks
  • 784 posts

Posted February 18, 2012 - 10:06 PM

I know this is a GT forumn,but I had so much fun today with my bigger Farm Tractor I have to post it. As I have stated before I have restored a 55 Ford 600 tractor in honor of my son that passed away from a stroke 6 years ago,well today 1 of his sons (my grandson) and I took that tractor and a borrowed one just like it on a 50 mile tractor with the Florida Flywheeelers tractor club. It was an honor to have my graandsaon drive his Fathers tractor and I drove the borrowed one.
  • tractorman604 and Texas Deere and Horse have said thanks

#1496 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted February 18, 2012 - 10:23 PM

Used the Massey 12G to haul 2 loads of topsoil and compost from the driveway back to the garden. Made my two boys help spread the load, paid them in tractor time. Then I drove the Massey 12 hydro around with the sleeve hitch disc to mix things in.

Edited by HowardsMF155, February 18, 2012 - 10:23 PM.

#1497 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted February 18, 2012 - 10:25 PM

I know this is a <acronym title='garden tractor'&GT;<acronym title='garden tractor'&GT;GT</acronym&GT;</acronym&GT; forumn,but I had so much fun today with my bigger Farm Tractor I have to post it. As I have stated before I have restored a 55 Ford 600 tractor in honor of my son that passed away from a stroke 6 years ago,well today 1 of his sons (my grandson) and I took that tractor and a borrowed one just like it on a 50 mile tractor with the Florida Flywheeelers tractor club. It was an honor to have my graandsaon drive his Fathers tractor and I drove the borrowed one.

Great that you could spend time with your grandson. So sorry to hear of your loss, glad you are making happy memories now.

#1498 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted February 19, 2012 - 07:32 AM

I know this is a GT forumn,but I had so much fun today with my bigger Farm Tractor I have to post it. As I have stated before I have restored a 55 Ford 600 tractor in honor of my son that passed away from a stroke 6 years ago,well today 1 of his sons (my grandson) and I took that tractor and a borrowed one just like it on a 50 mile tractor with the Florida Flywheeelers tractor club. It was an honor to have my graandsaon drive his Fathers tractor and I drove the borrowed one.

That does sound like a great way to spend some time and share the good memories. I think you are OK on the post being a farm tractor. There is a section here at GTtalk for those and CUT's but this forum is
What did you do WITH your tractor today? ie: plowing, hauling, tilling, etc.

Note it says tractor, not garden tractor, so you are in the clear and I for one am happy to see you post that, the only thing that would have helped would have been pictures!!
Thanks for sharing,

#1499 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted February 19, 2012 - 05:10 PM

I mowed the yard for the second time this year. It's kind of funny, I didn't mow the last 5 months last year because of the drought last year. It's now only Mid-Feb. and already mowed twice.

#1500 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,396 posts

Posted February 19, 2012 - 05:26 PM

Hauled a load of gravel from the back to the front of the drive today with the 70I & 10P cart;HPIM2311 (Custom) (Custom).JPG