Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What did you do WITH your tractor today? ie: plowing, hauling, tilling, etc.

• Please log in to reply
3084 replies to this topic

#136 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 28, 2010 - 07:13 AM

My Massey MF12 was jealous because I put a stack on the 147 and not her so I put one on her to make her feel better. I also went to put new shoes on the front and I had a heck of a time. I managed to get the one tire off and got the beads cleaned but there was no way I was going to get the new tire on. So I took the other tire and wheel off and my wife took them to walmart's tire center, I know that shouldn't be used in the same paragraph but it is the only place that was opened and I needed to move the 12 to get the others in the garage again.

The wife gets back with tires mounted, I go to mount the one that I removed the old tire from and here outer bearing and cap were missing so I rigged it for now to stay on so I could move the tractor, I look at the other wheel and they bent the crap out of the lips of the rim and the tire seemed to be low on air. I mounted it and put air in it. Parked the tractor for the night and went out about an hour later and that tire is low on air again. I know they didn't clean the bead before they mounted the new tire. So we are going back there today when they open and have them redo that tire and see if they have the bearing cap.

Other then that it was a pretty productive day, got a couple things adjusted / fixed on the 12 and I got to move all of the tractors so I got a variety of seat time LOL

#137 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted March 28, 2010 - 08:04 AM

Sorry you had the tire difficulties, George. Quality of service is becoming more rare these days. I'm sure there's a "mountainous amount" of discussion that we all could get into on that subject :wallbanging:

Good that you got some seat time in, to help offset the aggravation of the day!

#138 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted March 28, 2010 - 08:25 AM

Sorry you had the tire difficulties, George.

Good that you got some seat time in, to help offset the aggravation of the day!

:ditto:

#139 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted March 29, 2010 - 07:15 AM

I changed the oil in my craftsman yesterday. Saturday I used the ford to retrieve the trailer out of the yard. Then I used the Kubota SCUT to clear some areas, and grade the drive some.

#140 pulltilbroke OFFLINE  

pulltilbroke

MMMMmmmm DIESEL

• Contributor
  • Member No: 50
  • 469 Thanks
  • 454 posts

Posted March 29, 2010 - 11:19 PM

Well I'm gonna start off with what I did Saturday, Left Peru IN at 3:30 after dropping of some truck parts for a friend and after I caught a few ZZZZZ's after driving all night and went South through Indy to Sellersburg IN and picked up the brand spankin new used 920 and shot the bull with the seller for about an hour and a half then we headed home 11 and a half hours later we get there and I caught a little more shuteye. When I woke up I unloaded the 920 and started pulling all the attachments off and the cab frame and tossed the ag's on it. Tonight when I got home I started to clean up all the grease underneath it and tomorows plans include a powerwasher some elbow grease and little wax.

#141 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 30, 2010 - 08:45 PM

That 920 you got is an awesome tractor and it was definitely worth the wait.

All I did today was I stopped by the exhaust shop and had them tweak the bend on the stack for the 147 a little more so it would be straight and mounted it again when I got home. It turned out perfect now and I can weld the supports on this weekend.

#142 pulltilbroke OFFLINE  

pulltilbroke

MMMMmmmm DIESEL

• Contributor
  • 469 Thanks
  • 454 posts

Posted March 30, 2010 - 11:47 PM

Yes, I must say it was well worth the wait, the only thing really wrong with it is some very very minor wiring work.

Well didn't get home til 10 tonight so I just ate some dinner then stared at it a while, hopefully get home tomorow at a decent hour so I can wash the 920, I still gotta get some tube for the Firestone for the BigTen so we can have ag's on it again to.

#143 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,626 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted March 31, 2010 - 08:34 PM

Cleaned out 12 calf stalls with the MF 1655 w/FEL, then used it to haul in my broken spike harrow to weld it. Then tilled a strip of garden with my Bush Hog JBI with my 53" rear tiller. Got the MF "2055" out & put rear blade on for cleaning barn floor tomorrow. Got the JD214 out just to start checking it over for prep to sell.

#144 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted March 31, 2010 - 10:36 PM

I put the deck on the 1650, the real good deck with rear discharge, just in case I want to use the sweeper. Wait a minute, I've only mowed a lawn 5 or 6 times in my adult life, I do ALL this for the little women. I have lift and hoist set up that lifts the tractor and I can slip the deck under it real easy. I was real tired and made a bunch of mistakes, like not putting all the deck hangers on first, and make sure all the spring clips were on, but the biggest booboo was not changing to the turf tires. I have 26x12-12 AGs on the rear, guess what, the rear deck wheels hit the side of the tire lugs, oops. I'll change tires and put on the old 23x10.5-12 from the other 1650. It actually would have been easier to put my extra 14 hp engine in the 1450 and put the deck on that, it sports brand new 24x12-12, Kendra Super Turfs, but I'm pretty sure they'll fit. I have way to many tractors, oh well, I'm having fun

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF1081..JPG

#145 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 01, 2010 - 06:55 AM

I put the deck on the 1650, the real good deck with rear discharge, just in case I want to use the sweeper. Wait a minute, I've only mowed a lawn 5 or 6 times in my adult life, I do ALL this for the little women. I have lift and hoist set up that lifts the tractor and I can slip the deck under it real easy. I was real tired and made a bunch of mistakes, like not putting all the deck hangers on first, and make sure all the spring clips were on, but the biggest booboo was not changing to the turf tires. I have 26x12-12 AGs on the rear, guess what, the rear deck wheels hit the side of the tire lugs, oops. I'll change tires and put on the old 23x10.5-12 from the other 1650. It actually would have been easier to put my extra 14 hp engine in the 1450 and put the deck on that, it sports brand new 24x12-12, Kendra Super Turfs, but I'm pretty sure they'll fit. I have way to many tractors, oh well, I'm having fun

Having fun is all that matters, I can't believe how much bigger the ag tires are over the turfs.

#146 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted April 01, 2010 - 09:09 PM

I took the Sears ss16 with the loader and smoothed out the ditch along the county road we live on. The county dug out some of the rocks that had slid down the hill over the winter and left the shallow ditch in kind of rough shape. I mow part of that ditch as it borders my property and I like it looking nice. I used the bucket and dug out some high spots and filled in the low spots and then back dragged the bucket over the area to smooth it down. It will be a lot smoother when it comes time to mow it this summer.

#147 pulltilbroke OFFLINE  

pulltilbroke

MMMMmmmm DIESEL

• Contributor
  • 469 Thanks
  • 454 posts

Posted April 01, 2010 - 09:31 PM

Tonite after I got home and ate I took the old 920 for its nightly spin around the neighborhood, I just love how people stare at that thing when you drive by.:D

#148 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,681 Thanks
  • 17,202 posts

Posted April 01, 2010 - 09:34 PM

I was moving some dirt tonight, with the Bolens 1050 when SNAP! A peice of the lift lever gave out. I'll have to do some welding repairs tomorrow LOL

#149 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted April 02, 2010 - 07:06 AM

Mowed about 1/2 the yard last night. Going to finish up tonight.

#150 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted April 02, 2010 - 11:40 PM

I put the new tires on the Case 444, and the new narrow wheels and tri-ribs on the MF-14, tried to put front tires on the Case also, but lost the snap ring and broke the pliers