daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted July 24, 2012 - 12:59 PM

It's good to know that there's still people who will take a man by his word and men who stand by their words.

There is still hope.

Will, I'm glad you met some great people.
  • IamSherwood said thank you

#17 GTTinkerer OFFLINE  

GTTinkerer

GT Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1564
  • 1,153 Thanks
  • 1,326 posts

Posted July 24, 2012 - 12:59 PM

It's nice to know that the GT brotherhood extends across the Atlantic. I guess part of it is that a hobbiest will usually want to help another. Many times though it is just someone selling a tractor to get money and anyone will do and as quickly as possible. I've had good and bad experiences as well.

Brian,
While I understand your position but there are several folks here who, like me, are doing this to supplement their retirement income as well as for a hobby. Perhaps I am taking this the wrong way but here goes anyway.

Personally I don't even carry a gun to hold to the seller, buyer or customer's head to make him or her sell, buy or pay for repairs on the item I am buying, selling or repairing. I do adhere to the capitalist program of buying as low as I can and selling as high as I can but I don't believe in cheating someone. I do not scrap many items out although at times could make more money doing that.

One of the members here is picking up a moldboard plow on Thursday that he bought sight unseen and if he doesn't think it is worth the money when he sees it he will get is money back because that is the way I do things.

Thanks,

#18 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted July 24, 2012 - 03:52 PM

Bill, I don't quite understand what you are upset about in my previous post. I am a bit fed up with sellers agreeing to sell me something on the phone for a certain price and then not being able to wait even 24hrs for me to come and get the item, but emailing me at the last minute to tell me they sold it to someone else. It's happened several times lately and is frustrating. As I've said, I've also had good experiences and met some very nice people who were very accommodating and great to deal with. It sounds like you fall into that category and treat people fairly while also needing to make a profit on your sales which is perfectly fine with me.
  • GTTinkerer said thank you

#19 GTTinkerer OFFLINE  

GTTinkerer

GT Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1564
  • 1,153 Thanks
  • 1,326 posts

Posted July 24, 2012 - 09:38 PM

Brian,
I just had a different take on your post. If I had the time, the room and the money I would restore every old tractor that I pick up but instead I keep the ones I really like and flip the ones that I don't like quite so much. I probably already have more lawn and garden tractors that I like than I will ever have the money and the time to get done but as long as I can find a deals I will buy and sell.

Thanks,

#20 Fabman OFFLINE  

Fabman

• Member No: 3229
  • 257 Thanks
  • 374 posts

Posted July 24, 2012 - 09:57 PM

Glad to here everything is going great for ya Will. Its nice to here about great people we find along the way. Can't wait to see pics of your new baby when she gets across the pond. Randy G