#16 mowinman2 OFFLINE  

mowinman2

Always on the Hunt

• Contributor
  • Member No: 5587
  • 197 Thanks
  • 243 posts

Posted December 08, 2012 - 10:14 AM

Ive also got a 14D. I would love to hear how that sounds with no muffler!! Nice looking blade. Im working on having one sent up from Florida. It comes with the blade, weights, chains, and original paperwork/manuals

#17 Gary_QH OFFLINE  

Gary_QH
  • Member No: 10445
  • 6 Thanks
  • 31 posts

Posted December 08, 2012 - 10:50 AM

Ive also got a 14D. I would love to hear how that sounds with no muffler!! Nice looking blade. Im working on having one sent up from Florida. It comes with the blade, weights, chains, and original paperwork/manuals

Really, it's very quiet. That "box" part of the exhaust manifold is the muffler (well, it's inside actually). All I did was replace the broken off pipe that goes out thru the front with the stack. It has a slightly deper sound but thats it. I'm trying to find a way to hide the hole in the grill but I'm having trouble finding the right material.

#18 mowinman2 OFFLINE  

mowinman2

Always on the Hunt

• Contributor
  • 197 Thanks
  • 243 posts

Posted December 08, 2012 - 10:51 AM

Oh Ok, I assumed you had removed the box muffler too.

#19 Gary_QH OFFLINE  

Gary_QH
  • 6 Thanks
  • 31 posts

Posted December 08, 2012 - 11:05 AM

Oh Ok, I assumed you had removed the box muffler too.

I did try it without the muffler once. It sounded awful, kind of like the Hondas with the fat tailpipes the kids drive, only not quite that good! :rolling:

#20 skinamarink OFFLINE  

skinamarink
  • Member No: 12756
  • 1 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 - 08:06 AM

Looking pretty good with that plow on it, Gary. Glad you will put it to good use, now all you need is some snow!

#21 Gary_QH OFFLINE  

Gary_QH
  • 6 Thanks
  • 31 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 - 10:34 AM

Looking pretty good with that plow on it, Gary. Glad you will put it to good use, now all you need is some snow!

Thanks! As for the snow, depending on which weather service I listen to, we should get a good bit of it this year. We'll see. I ordered a set of AG tires for it Monday. I'm debating on either using the wheel weights or loading the tires. Frankly, as much as the tractor weighs already plus my 240lb carcass sitting in the seat, I'm not sure I need the extra weight.

#22 skinamarink OFFLINE  

skinamarink
  • 1 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 - 11:05 AM

I've got ag tires on mine, seem to work pretty good. Probably get more weight on it with the wheel weights than loading them, they sure are heavy enough. Oh yeah, love that stack!!!

#23 mowinman2 OFFLINE  

mowinman2

Always on the Hunt

• Contributor
  • 197 Thanks
  • 243 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 - 01:44 PM

What kind of weights are they? The plastic coated ones? And what kind of AG tires are you putting on it?

Id love to see a pic of yours skinamarink.

Edited by mowinman2, December 11, 2012 - 01:46 PM.

#24 skinamarink OFFLINE  

skinamarink
  • 1 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 - 03:31 PM

What kind of weights are they? The plastic coated ones? And what kind of AG tires are you putting on it?

Id love to see a pic of yours skinamarink.

#25 skinamarink OFFLINE  

skinamarink
  • 1 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 - 03:35 PM

Wish I could figure out how to reply to a quote oh well. Mine is nothing special to look at Mowinman, only has 458 hours on a working tach,but spent most of its life sitting outside, didn't run when I got it, and I didn't think I'd ever find the parts I needed for it,but it goes real well now. I only use it for mowing and its put up for the winter, just sold my plow to Gary as you can see in the pictures. These are real tough old tractors

#26 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,514 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 - 05:34 PM

Wish I could figure out how to reply to a quote oh well. Mine is nothing special to look at Mowinman, only has 458 hours on a working tach,but spent most of its life sitting outside, didn't run when I got it, and I didn't think I'd ever find the parts I needed for it,but it goes real well now. I only use it for mowing and its put up for the winter, just sold my plow to Gary as you can see in the pictures. These are real tough old tractors

I don't think I have welcomed you to the forum. Welcome, glad you are here. As far as replying to a quote, hit the quote button and start typing. Then post.
Pic help is in the link at the bottom of my signature.

#27 farmer OFFLINE  

farmer
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 12595
  • 9 Thanks
  • 94 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 - 08:57 PM

Gary, that was me you got the blade from. Sorry it took some modifying to work but I'm glad to see it being put to work!

#28 Gary_QH OFFLINE  

Gary_QH
  • 6 Thanks
  • 31 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 11:36 AM

They are the plastic coated ones. Here is what the tires look like:

Super Lug.jpg

Gary, that was me you got the blade from. Sorry it took some modifying to work but I'm glad to see it being put to work!

Actually, I didn't get it to work but that's Ok. I bought skinamarink's plow and decided to use it instead and sell off the one I got from you. I really thought the one I got from you would work based on what I was told about LGT14/16D tractors and the GT65, 75, etc being the same. They aren't. My fault though since I really didn't research it enough. It would have taken quite a bit of cutting and welding to get the subframe to connect. Considering how hard these things are to find I decided rather than hack it up trying to make it work I'll sell it to someone with a GT65/75 that needs it.

Edited by Gary_QH, December 12, 2012 - 11:36 AM.

#29 Gary_QH OFFLINE  

Gary_QH
  • 6 Thanks
  • 31 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 12:18 PM

I just had an idea (yeah, I get those once in a while). I'll take the plow back off and put the two subframes side by side and take pictures of them showing the differences. It might help the next newbie who's hunting for attachments to not make the same mistakes I did. This plow project got expensive!

Trevor, you can educate them on shipping mistakes! :D

#30 mowinman2 OFFLINE  

mowinman2

Always on the Hunt

• Contributor
  • 197 Thanks
  • 243 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 02:39 PM

I was really hoping to see some pics of these tractors with the AG tires installed. I'm trying to figure out which ones I want to buy. I'm leaning towards the Firestones.

That would be great to see the blades next to each other, so we can all learn. Thanks