10 replies to this topic

#1 Tennblue59 OFFLINE  

Tennblue59

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6000
  • 450 Thanks
  • 522 posts

Posted July 22, 2012 - 06:12 PM

Wondering if anyone has a diagram of the mounting bracket/fittings to put a 110 snow blade on a square fender 110 (sn#222k)? Or has a set laying around..... smile...

I have the above blade that came with my round fender 110 - never been mounted or used..... So I don't know exactly how it mounts. I do have the rod and spring as well as the mounts attached to the blade itself (for the round fender).

BUT.. I don't see how this would mount on my square fender frame? I thought the mounting brackets were different for the two models. According to the application chart, the 42 does mount on the square fender model, but the brackets are nla. Went to Deere parts, and the parts diagram won't come up!!!

If I knew what I was making, I could probably fab a set... Looking for a picture, specs, explanation, ????? My tractor (square) has the fulcrum mounted on the front frame for the lift, and I have that part if that matters...

Don't want to destroy/modify the brackets for my round fender though....

Also, my blade doesn't have a lock on it to keep the springs from letting the blade snap over when it meets resistance. There is a hole (for a pin?) on the top center, but thats all I have... Help?

Edited by Tennblue59, July 22, 2012 - 06:14 PM.

#2 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted July 22, 2012 - 09:13 PM

Well Sir, you are looking for the hardest mounting bracket to find. The mounting adapter bracket to put a square fender blade on the round fender is a lot easier to find. For some reason, Deere didn't make a lot of the adapter brackets to mount a round fender blade on a flat fender. If anyone can help you with a diagram, it would be fellow member TMO. Maybe look him up in the membership directory, and drop him a personal message.

As for the tilt keeper, these are often missing from blades when you find them. They are very easy to reproduce however. I know I have one laying around from when I took my blade apart to restore, and if I can find it, I'll get you some pictures and measurements, so that you can try and refab one.

Good luck on your adventure, and hope you are able to get the help you're looking for.

Take Care,
Troy

Edited by johndeereelfman, July 22, 2012 - 09:14 PM.

#3 hdg4400 OFFLINE  

hdg4400

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6945
  • 254 Thanks
  • 326 posts

Posted July 22, 2012 - 10:02 PM

Tennblue59:

I have the Operator's manual for the JD 43 Front Blade (Serial No. 125,726 - ). I don't know if that's your blade, but it says the overall width is 42 inches. It also says it mounts on a 110 or a 112, and has lots of pictures. If you want it, send me a PM with your E-Mail address, and I will scan it into a PDF and send it to you.

Harlan

#4 fishman OFFLINE  

fishman

• Member No: 5368
  • 19 Thanks
  • 130 posts

Posted July 23, 2012 - 08:21 AM

Here are some pictures.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343049593.244413.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343049635.662709.jpg
This is on a 112 but still same for 110.

#5 Trav1s ONLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• Member No: 5472
  • 2,602 Thanks
  • 3,750 posts

Posted July 23, 2012 - 09:23 AM

Those adapters are difficult to find. You would be further ahead selling the blade to a RF junkie and pick up the proper deck for your tractor. Another option is get pics and make one yourself.

#6 Tennblue59 OFFLINE  

Tennblue59

Tractorholic

• 450 Thanks
  • 522 posts

Posted July 23, 2012 - 10:51 PM

Thanks for the pictures Fish. Wow - really different brackets! Do you have one from the front looking down toward the lift assembly?

Trav - trading for the correct blade would be the easy way to do it! Actually have this blade for my round fender so it is part of the set, but since we don't get REAL snow in my part of Tenn (ands since I have other tractors as well) have never mounted or used the blade on it. (Actually had a snow thrower for my LX that I sold off for lack of use). The square fender is going to Florida eventually to be a mower/garden/utility/mover vehicle for our house down there, and I was thinking the blade would be nice for yard and light dirt work since I already have it....Was hoping to be able to use what I have for now without ruining it for the round fender...

All I really need it to do is lift, not too concerned with the tilt from the seat part, so that should make the fab work easier... My blade has the pin and holes on the top section, not the bottom.

Hopefully, Harlan is going to send me some diagrams that, with the pics here will let me fab what I need.

EVENTUALLY (yea, I know....) I want to put a 10hp clone diesel in this, and will add hydraulics when I do - then will have a 300 style hydraulic blade/bucket on the front and 300 style rear hydraulic hitch and deck lift. And since I have a 316K, I could use these attachments on both machines! Well, thats the plan anyway.....

But for now, just want the blade I have to mount and go up and down!

#7 Trav1s ONLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• 2,602 Thanks
  • 3,750 posts

Posted July 24, 2012 - 08:36 PM

Trav - trading for the correct blade would be the easy way to do it! Actually have this blade for my round fender so it is part of the set, but since we don't get REAL snow in my part of Tenn (ands since I have other tractors as well) have never mounted or used the blade on it. (Actually had a snow thrower for my LX that I sold off for lack of use). The square fender is going to Florida eventually to be a mower/garden/utility/mover vehicle for our house down there, and I was thinking the blade would be nice for yard and light dirt work since I already have it....Was hoping to be able to use what I have for now without ruining it for the round fender...

I did not realize you had a RF :bash: Sorry about that. Do you have a fab guy that could weld one up for you? I will look for pics of the adapter on WFM for you. :smilewink:

#8 Trav1s ONLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• 2,602 Thanks
  • 3,750 posts

Posted July 24, 2012 - 08:44 PM

Posted Image

Found this on jdparts under section "Adaptor" for the 42. It says this:MOUNTING BRACKET AND LIFT LINKAGE (ADAPTING PARTS) (110-112 TRACTORS S.N. 100001-

Posted Image

Edited by Trav1s, July 24, 2012 - 08:54 PM.

• Tennblue59 said thank you

#9 Tennblue59 OFFLINE  

Tennblue59

Tractorholic

• 450 Thanks
  • 522 posts

Posted July 24, 2012 - 08:47 PM

I have spent a little time in the machine shop and would do the fab work myself. I've made excavator buckets, trailers, lots of parts for old cars, etc.

I figured instead of reinventing the wheel, I would try and see what Deere originally did and copy that if I could.

Thanks for the pictures. What I have is on the right - guessing what I need is on the left. As I said, REALLY different setups!

Will have to do some figuring and see if this will work without too much trouble.

Edited by Tennblue59, July 24, 2012 - 08:51 PM.

#10 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted July 24, 2012 - 09:46 PM

Tennblue59,

If you look at the part diagram above, make yourself the main mounting frame, that will clip onto the front of your 110. As for the round fender blade mounting to this refabbed frame, you'll only use the four arms that come off of the round fender blade pivoting point. You won't need to use the "U" shaped piece that mounts directly to the round fender tractor frame, on your blade.The four arms will now mount directly to the new refabbed adapter that you're looking to make.

#11 fishman OFFLINE  

fishman

• Member No: 5368
  • 19 Thanks
  • 130 posts

Posted July 25, 2012 - 11:09 AM

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343232505.683518.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343232523.308083.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343232539.382127.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343232553.441479.jpg
Here are some more pictures.