CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1974
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted September 24, 2012 - 05:36 PM

OK, I found the answer and ran into the scenario where I learned my 'plow' assy is missing the release lever...if any of you guys that have the blade could would you lay a ruler next to the release lever and put it together for me so I can 'fab' my own. Kinda sux with my tractor being 100% original to have to 'fab' something...but hey it would work...also or if not has anyone made a hydraulic powered 'blade tilt' so I could change the direction of the blade from the drivers seat ...via hydraulics?

Thanks in advance, I know it is asking a lot but any help would be appreciated...or if soneone wants to 'sell' the mechanism that would be cool too...Thx

#92 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted September 24, 2012 - 06:10 PM

I am not sure what the 'release' lever is. I had a thread on my blade about building some parts for it. May be it will get us both on the same page.
http://gardentractor...ts-info-needed/

#93 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted September 24, 2012 - 07:44 PM

I am not sure what the 'release' lever is. I had a thread on my blade about building some parts for it. May be it will get us both on the same page.
http://gardentractor...ts-info-needed/

Kenny...thx!
All the parts on your Diagram around the highlited 39, 34, 32, &37 the associated parts...not on your plow...

#94 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted September 24, 2012 - 08:01 PM

I think further in that thread I built all those parts. I can get you some dimensions if needed. But it would be tomorrow!
  • CASENUT said thank you

#95 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted September 24, 2012 - 08:04 PM

I think further in that thread I built all those parts. I can get you some dimensions if needed. But it would be tomorrow!

that'd be cool. I have the pivot on the 'main arm' so I am pretty sure like you had to do that these could be 'fabricated pretty easily...I was thinking about 'hydraulic powered too' Whaddya think?

#96 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted September 24, 2012 - 08:11 PM

They made a kit for hyd., I believe. I may have something on that hidden away!

#97 RAJ OFFLINE  

RAJ

JMC fan

• Contributor
  • Member No: 40
  • 302 Thanks
  • 318 posts

Posted September 24, 2012 - 08:28 PM

That is great news about the future availability of the Ford grilles! I have come across a couple Fords around here for reasonable money, but the thought of a poor grille turned me off to them. Very cool! How tough would it be to make the Jacobsen GT grille? I suppose they wouldn't be in high enough demand, but I have seen quite a few of that style of Jac and they were all shot or had homemade grilles.

#98 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted September 24, 2012 - 09:16 PM

That is great news about the future availability of the Ford grilles! I have come across a couple Fords around here for reasonable money, but the thought of a poor grille turned me off to them. Very cool! How tough would it be to make the Jacobsen GT grille? I suppose they wouldn't be in high enough demand, but I have seen quite a few of that style of Jac and they were all shot or had homemade grilles.

I am pretty sure the Jacobsen Grille is exactly the same (- Paint) so once my buddy pulls through then we will all be set. I am supposed to hook up with him this week. The thing that concerns me is this. I believe very strongly that I will be able to achieve this...the fiberglass and material necessary to make this will be expensive and require some pretty careful handling (Gloves, masks, and take some time to prep and make) then they will require extra time to take care of wrap ship etc. Now, My estimates for material would have them between $75-125 just for material to put one together. Then the cost of the safety stuff gloves etc that have to be pitched, time...then prepping, packaging and shipping etc. For people that frequently spend $200-$400 for a GT who is going to want to spend ~$200-$250 for a grille? There seems to be a 'demand' for these...and while I need a couple I am not so sure the demand would be there when the final cost sets in? So, rightfully I am approaching this with a degree of trepidation...and may be why I am not so aggressively pursuing this...
  • RAJ said thank you

#99 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted September 25, 2012 - 01:39 AM

They made a kit for hyd., I believe. I may have something on that hidden away!

ya now that would be neat...You have to kind of figure with the pump back there ...hydraulic would be the way to go. The issue of course would be getting the lines hooked to a diverter valve so it could be activated from the drivers seatI'd imagine somehow hooked to the proportining valve for the lift...But IDK for sure...

#100 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted September 25, 2012 - 06:17 AM

Here's a pic of the hydraulic kit, 09jc9855.
Ford Hyd Blade Kit.jpg

Go to the thread I linked to. Most all measurements are in there with lots of pics. You should be able to build from that.

Edited by KennyP, September 25, 2012 - 06:26 AM.
Added Comment

#101 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted September 25, 2012 - 08:49 AM

Here's a pic of the hydraulic kit, 09jc9855.
Ford Hyd Blade Kit.jpg

Go to the thread I linked to. Most all measurements are in there with lots of pics. You should be able to build from that.

Thanks...2 things to note here...first is the hyd cylinder looks like the 'lift' cylinder. Second...where do the hydraulic lines go?

#102 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted September 25, 2012 - 12:08 PM

I do think they used a 'lift' cylinder for it. The hydraulic lines were in a piece that bolts on where the mule drive goes, I think! Kind of reminds me of the front of the mule drive.

#103 RAJ OFFLINE  

RAJ

JMC fan

• Contributor
  • Member No: 40
  • 302 Thanks
  • 318 posts

Posted September 25, 2012 - 03:48 PM

I am pretty sure the Jacobsen Grille is exactly the same (- Paint) For people that frequently spend $200-$400 for a GT who is going to want to spend ~$200-$250 for a grille?

I hear you. I understand that a lot of people may have interest but - as one guy said to me - when the part becomes available, those people disappear. You could look at it a couple different ways on cost though. If a guy gets the tractor for next to nothing, the total investment wouldn't be too high. If you have a lot into the tractor already, it might be in your best interest to make it nicer for resale since the returns usually are not that great on a less-than-flawless machine.

At any rate, if I had that style of Ford or Jac, I would buy one. I do have an Oliver in need of a grille, which are available through the Dumont museum. I will keep watching for your updates.
  • CASENUT said thank you

#104 josh deaven OFFLINE  

josh deaven

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 535
  • 477 Thanks
  • 574 posts

Posted September 26, 2012 - 07:56 AM

The ford and jacs have differents grills.
  • CASENUT said thank you

#105 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted September 26, 2012 - 11:02 AM

The ford and jacs have differents grills.

I know the Fords and Olivers had the same grilles...compared mine to Steves.