skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,407 Thanks
  • 3,157 posts

Posted September 12, 2012 - 04:16 PM

Check surplus center,they usually have some.
  • CASENUT said thank you

#77 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1974
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted September 12, 2012 - 05:04 PM

Thanks Keith, I checked Tractor Supply they have one listed that looks 'doable' for $16. SKU 1185340 since the id is 5/8" I'll have to get a bushing to get it to the required 1/2" but that is no big deal...I'll let ya know how this turns out but lookin good so far...

#78 marlboro180 OFFLINE  

marlboro180
  • Member No: 10710
  • 634 Thanks
  • 954 posts

Posted September 13, 2012 - 06:41 AM

Contact the folks at Bearings Inc. if TSC does not work out.

http://www.bearingsinc.net/default.asp

They will most likely have what you need . Fast , friendly and a great place for bearings and power transmission products. I shop there fairly frequently.
  • CASENUT said thank you

#79 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted September 14, 2012 - 08:49 PM

Ok, so last weekend I got the trailer 'done' well this weekend it is time to 'wrestle' with the tractor, attempting to get it closer to done...and at least get it running, which shouldn't be to hard, I kinda went over everything, points, plug, etc...along with the coil getting the required voltage at the coil so... after I filled the 'rear end' with the hydraulic fluid, I got the 'hankering to fire this beast up...so...well here goes nothin...

Funny story...I fire the thing up again, cycle the hydraulics and say...hey lets see if this moves? So, I start it up, move the shift lever forward...and nothing? Hmmm, maybe I missed something??? So, I double check and add some more hydraulic fluid to it, Same thing...no movement! Everything else seems to work just fine...then I go about 'cleaning my workspace, on the basketball court in the back yard. And decide to look at my parts left over...oh ya, the 3 foot pedals...LOL so I 'start it again' and move the foot pedals and viola...like magic it moves just fine sometimes you forget even the most basic stuff LOL

Edited by NutCASE, September 14, 2012 - 10:19 PM.

• KennyP said thank you

#80 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,405 Thanks
  • 39,661 posts

Posted September 15, 2012 - 04:41 AM

Congrats! Glad to hear it running. Yeah, those pedals have a lot to do with it moving! :bigrofl: Glad it all works. Put the seat on and go for a ride!

#81 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted September 15, 2012 - 07:27 AM

Congrats! Glad to hear it running. Yeah, those pedals have a lot to do with it moving! :bigrofl: Glad it all works. Put the seat on and go for a ride!

Still have to finish up the front end...but it is quite tempting...
  • KennyP said thank you

#82 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted September 16, 2012 - 11:05 PM

Word to the wise, I didn't have my automotive clear here at my house, so I decided to go to tractor supply and grab some of their clear lacquer, I hadn't tried any of that yet so I figured for $14 why not. So, I put it in one of my detail guns and put on a nice 'wet coat', It didn't take much at all and the part looked pretty good, Problem is that was yesterday, So I waited, overnight and it was shiny as anything ...however it was kind of 'soft', so I waited more...I'll check it again tomorrow then attempt to reassemble the part...

Moral, the clear lacquer sprays and covers well, but takes forever to harden up...GL
  • KennyP said thank you

#83 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,407 Thanks
  • 3,157 posts

Posted September 17, 2012 - 03:14 AM

I thought that stuff needs an activator? Was it the Valspar stuff?

#84 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted September 17, 2012 - 06:00 AM

I thought that stuff needs an activator? Was it the Valspar stuff?

No, I'd asked if it required an activator ot hardener and was told 'no'...Since I've read it could take a couple weeks to fully 'cure' = it was 'magic' bramd... cant help but wonder if a bit of lacquer thinner would reduce cure times?

#85 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted September 19, 2012 - 01:00 AM

Kind of a big breakthrough for us Ford guys this evening. I had contacted my friend who was at the World Championships in Switzerland and has been doing custom fiberglass for 35 years. He has a $30,000 Fiberglass CNC machine he called and said he would be happy to help ...so it looks Like the Grilles and battery covers will be at our disposal shortly...of course I will update as this develops but this was a very important step forward for those who need a grille...or battery cover!!!

Edited by NutCASE, September 19, 2012 - 01:03 AM.

• RAJ and josh deaven have said thanks

#86 josh deaven OFFLINE  

josh deaven

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 535
  • 477 Thanks
  • 574 posts

Posted September 19, 2012 - 04:02 PM

SOUNDS GREAT. I hope all works out. I will be buying a bunch of both. :thumbs: :orangecool: :firejumper: :dancingbanana:

#87 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,478 Thanks
  • 5,010 posts

Posted September 19, 2012 - 05:33 PM

Really looks and sounds nice. Just from the sound of your voice I could tell you were grinning from ear to ear. Made me smile as I know it is a great feeling.

#88 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted September 22, 2012 - 11:22 AM

Really looks and sounds nice. Just from the sound of your voice I could tell you were grinning from ear to ear. Made me smile as I know it is a great feeling.

You're right! It is a joy all of us get when we turn someone else's trash into treasure. You start with a tractor that over 40 years of use/abuse. Supply it with some time and a few $...and viola like new, realizing they just don't make em like this anymore.

#89 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,405 Thanks
  • 39,661 posts

Posted September 22, 2012 - 02:48 PM

Most folks don't have the time or knowledge to fix these older tractor. That's where we step in and give them the love they deserve!

#90 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted September 23, 2012 - 08:36 PM

Question for Ford guys with a Snow Plow ...Does the straight 'tube' to the lift in the rear have a bend in it? I bought a 165 that had a snow plow on it, and the tube that attaches to the hydraulic lift that runt to the front ...Does that tube have a bend in it? Thx

Nevermind...I found the answer in the manual Kenny Submitted for the 'trip plow'...Kenny that is cool Thx...

Edited by NutCASE, September 23, 2012 - 09:09 PM.

• KennyP said thank you