#16 Wheel Horse Kid OFFLINE  

Wheel Horse Kid

Certified Wheel Horse Nut

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 10019
  • 213 Thanks
  • 817 posts

Posted July 29, 2012 - 09:28 PM

Update! Might have to call this Plum-horse now, looking more purple lately! Got hood done and set on chassis for pix. Will get it mounted soon. Here's pix!

Looks great! Keep up the good work!

#17 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,662 Thanks
  • 6,480 posts

Posted August 13, 2012 - 05:41 PM

Well, got engine back together finally after some issues and it RUNS! Didn't wanna start at all at first, then just did. Seems the thing doesn't run till I let off the key. Holding it in start only runs the motor, no ignition. Let go and it fires?? Has wrong switch in it, so must be reason for that? Had issues with sounding out of time and no speed. Played with points gap some and got runnin better, but is touchy. The cam had rough spot on it from the pusher but I didn't replace cam. Was told that was a no-no and should have. Got it running pretty good now, starts right up and drove around some. Still need to tweak the throttle control and governor better, add better exhaust and get battery charging. Seems the Bat wire from Regulator is not hooked up. Book shows to switch, but again wrong one and no place to put it?? Wondering if I can run it to the plus side of selonoid direct w/out causing constant current draw or ?? Or do I need to go thru the switch? Only terms open on switch are ground and Mag, so must have been for a mag engine. Mine is batt ignition. The load term goes to the points now.

#18 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,662 Thanks
  • 6,480 posts

Posted August 19, 2012 - 01:15 AM

New key switch and harness leads to it and all is right again! Have more done on it and some pix. Need to get running some better, but does do OK. Grandaughter was trying int out today, first time on one. Did pretty good, clutch being most mis-understood part of operation. Has a name now Kaylynn's Plum Pony. Will have to get decals made for it yet, close up front of grill/hood, and not sure if gonna put on a stack or leave short exhaust. Stack might be in way of parking and loading and short system own't be broken off if she runs into something if should happin, plus less chance of getting burnt on it. Had to move the seat up all the way for here, now I can barely squeeze on it to drive. Wish it had quicker release for seat adjust, it has to be wrenched on to move each time, so guess it will be staying there.

Attached Thumbnails

• Grumpy King and Plum Pony 2012-08-18 011.jpg
  • Grumpy King and Plum Pony 2012-08-18 012.jpg
  • Grumpy King and Plum Pony 2012-08-18 013.jpg

• MH81 and KennyP have said thanks

#19 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,513 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted August 19, 2012 - 06:58 AM

That's looking good! I like those colors together! No, I'm not repainting the Ford! Cool name too. Hope she grows soon, so you can get on it easier.

#20 BairleaFarm OFFLINE  

BairleaFarm

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8328
  • 1,201 Thanks
  • 1,725 posts

Posted August 19, 2012 - 07:12 AM

Not my choice of color lol but it does look good. Reminds me of a piece of grape laffy taffy

#21 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,686 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted August 19, 2012 - 08:13 AM

That purple really set off the light red nice!

#22 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,319 Thanks
  • 28,636 posts

Posted August 19, 2012 - 08:57 AM

She should be very proud and happy with her new ride, that looks great!

As for the hole in the dash, on my daughter's, I found a piece of plastic from an old display at work and very carefully cut it to the shape of original piece (you can go off the body lines and holes, corners are rounded) then I adhered it in place and ordered a replacement decal for it. Since you're having decals made anyways...