sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted July 27, 2012 - 05:44 PM

Jack sent me pictures of the D4-10 he picked up today. All I can say is I am greatful to have a friend like Jack to help me. Without him I would not have it in my collection!! There was one BIG surprise on it..........Jack saw that they were on it but we were not sure they were original.....but with Daniels help and verification we are 99.999 percent sure they are original.....rear Bush Hog Weights!! :thumbs: The weights were inside the rear wheels instead of on the outside.

Just wish there was a third one I could send Daniel!! Maybe he and I can work out some type of time share deal.

Does not have the deck, but does have a good pto clutch.....so another bonus.

Jack saved the day....I did not leave this morning because I could not get hold of the seller due to his electricity being out.....I was not sure what to do, but Jack graciously went by to make sure it was still there....it was and we were able to contact the seller once the electricity came back on. I am grateful the seller held it for me till we could pick it up! I am grateful to Jack for going the extra mile to finish the deal. I will travel up later this week to pick it up from Jack and hopefully get a chance to see his nice JB again!!

Thanks again Jack!!

Attached Thumbnails

• 7  27 12 001.jpg
  • 7  27 12 002.jpg
  • 7  27 12 003.jpg
  • 7  27 12 004.jpg

#32 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,628 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted July 27, 2012 - 06:01 PM

WooHoo......time share weights! :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: ...................... :smilewink:

That's about the best original Bush Hog tractor I've seen to date!
  • sacsr said thank you

#33 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted July 27, 2012 - 07:46 PM

Well the plot thickens......Daniel definitely has an original bush hog weight part #6411 which is shown in the bush hog literature we have. Mine looks to have the part # S9726 stamped on it, which is a typical type part number for Bush Hog except it is too high a number......in the Bush Hog Parts Price list 1971 it shows a part # S3726 as "wheel weight". Cost was $9.90. Hmm............

#34 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted July 27, 2012 - 08:21 PM

I am very glad to hear (read) that you are going to get it! :dancingbanana: I am also glad to hear that those weights are BH weights!
  • sacsr said thank you

#35 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,628 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted July 27, 2012 - 08:35 PM

No Scott, your cast weight number reads S3726...the correct number! :dancingbanana:

#36 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted July 27, 2012 - 08:40 PM

No Scott, your cast weight number reads S3726...the correct number! :dancingbanana:

I agree. I did not want to stress out trying to make out what number it was when I first looked at the pics, but after Daniel said they were the right ones I looked. I also see S3726
  • sacsr said thank you

#37 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted July 27, 2012 - 08:50 PM

Congratulations on another great find Scott. We seem to be out of room to look for too many new purchases but I'm glad to know that somebody with a true passion is able to find Bush Hogs here in central PA. All we have to do now is convince you to haul some of the hogs to the Olde Tyme Days Show in Dover,PA the third weekend in August. Looking forward to seeing you again.
  • sacsr said thank you

#38 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,628 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted July 27, 2012 - 08:57 PM

I agree. I did not want to stress out trying to make out what number it was when I first looked at the pics, but after Daniel said they were the right ones I looked. I also see S3726

You can actually see the first number is a 3 more clear if you DON"T expand the pic.
  • sacsr said thank you

#39 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted July 27, 2012 - 09:38 PM

Thanks Daniel and Ryan! I agree it sure looks like a 3 and that would make them original!!

Grand great to hear from you.....I was actually considering trying to come up for the Dover show....but I had committed to helping judge a Boykin Spaniel club field trial and it happens to be on that saturday......just too hard to go before or after the trial.....I was bummed when I figured that out!! Anyone that can go needs to!! Big auction and plenty of gt's to look at!! Seeing all the nice GT members is a bonus!

As far as buying these BH....I am done!!!! I am busting at the seams at this point.....this last one just looked to nice and had too many options for me to pass up!! I got to start repairing, painting, etc....have a few small tractor shows down here I hope to be able to display them there this fall!

#40 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• Member No: 4216
  • 1,728 Thanks
  • 2,247 posts

Posted July 28, 2012 - 03:53 PM

Awesome find! I will also reply to your PM.If you find another BH that you'd turn down, LMK. I just found a mowing deck today!
  • sacsr said thank you

#41 goodnews OFFLINE  

goodnews
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8713
  • 126 Thanks
  • 423 posts

Posted July 29, 2012 - 08:58 AM

wow!!!! that is a nice bh congrads to you and Jack and don't forget the prayers you sent up we have not because we fail to ask , but God wants to be happy and give him the Glory!!!! . looking foward to seeing it when you get it back home travel safe , i'll pray for safe travel.
in Christ

#42 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted August 03, 2012 - 04:20 PM

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344028783.891803.jpg

Heading home will post pics tomorrow

#43 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,628 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted August 04, 2012 - 02:48 PM

Congrats again Scott....she looks even better with the weights outside....and even better still loaded on your trailer! :thumbs:
  • sacsr said thank you

#44 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,628 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted August 04, 2012 - 09:21 PM

Are you home yet Scott? I wanna see more close-up pics!

#45 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted August 04, 2012 - 09:27 PM

Here are a few pictures....drained the transaxle....like everyone that I have gotten it was full of sludge on the bottom.....saw a few pieces of steel from the gears but no major pieces. I am not going to tear this one down for now....drained the oil and poured some diesel throught it to get most of the crude out. Will cut new gaskets and try to seal it up. This one has 2 things that most of my others do not.....the fill plug has the full/low stick on it....most of my others have a nail or something similar. And this one has the gear shift plate. I will get a picture of this plate uploaded since this is another piece that usually is missing. Overall I am very please with the condition of this one. Rear tail light is intact, many of the bolts are still silver and not rusted. the battery was leaking and sloshed all over the front of the motor and frame.....I was traveling and did not get it washed off in time.....so I will have to clean and touch up the paint in those areas.
I have thank Jack again for holding it for me.....helping me load it up....and taking me down the road to meet the guy that had sold it too me! As always, spending time with Jack is something I look forward to. He has worked on his bush hog and repaired, updated, etc his JB so he has a wealth of knowledge on these GT's.....
I also am a proud owner of a pretty rare Transaxle Manual that Bush hog put out that Jack had picked up for me....will get that uploaded in the next day or so.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1254.jpg
  • IMG_1239.jpg
  • IMG_1241.jpg
  • IMG_1242.jpg
  • IMG_1248.jpg

• olcowhand said thank you