• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 aureley OFFLINE  

aureley
  • Member No: 10595
  • 1 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted July 20, 2012 - 08:49 AM

I am appealing to you, the experts, to help me with information on my mother's Case 222 tractor. My father purchased this around 1970 and used it until about 15 years ago when he purchased a new lawn tractor. It was always garage kept, and has been sitting in the garage, unused, ever since. Now my father has passed and my mother needs help selling this tractor. It is surrounded by junk, but I managed to get a few photos for you. I know they're horrible; I just wanted you to get the idea.

My father purchased several attachments for the tractor, including a snowplow, cover for all weather use (sorry, don't know the real name for this, but you can see it in the photo). I also remember that he had a leaf collection trailer but I didn't see it in the garage. It is probably buried in the back. As far as I know, everything is original except obviously the snow cover thingy does not match.

Any information, advice, anything you can provide in terms of value and how to sell it would be much appreciated. After sitting unused for 15 years, not started, is it still a "running" machine or is it now a parts machine? It was in running condition when it was last put in the garage.

Thank you, experts!

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCN04671.JPG
  • DSCN04681.JPG
  • DSCN04691.JPG
  • DSCN04701.JPG
  • DSCN04711.JPG

#2 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted July 20, 2012 - 10:29 AM

First off, :welcometogttalk: and accept my sympathy on the passing of your father.
I'm no expert but if what you've unearthed there is near as complete as it was when in use and has been protected from the elements over the years as you stated. These factors work in your favor. As the 'Case guys' weigh in on this, I wouldn't be at all surprised if your first bid offers come from right around here. They may suggest that you list it here also as an option. All the best to you and yours and stay tuned for more.
Your next set of pics, with possibly a wee bit less clutter will more likely be of help to them and your sale. thanks for posting and good luck!

Edited by Newpaws493, July 20, 2012 - 10:30 AM.

#3 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1974
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted July 20, 2012 - 10:41 AM

These are real nice units. You asked for valuation advice, The assumption is the tractor Runs. It looks clean which will work in your favor. Next you point out that you want to 'sell' it...Please do everyone a service, Get the tractor and 'all implements together and take some good photos...hard to know exactly what you have, and if you're selling it you will eventually have to do it anyway so help everyone.

Values...
Tractor 200
deck 100
plow 50
cab 100-200
leaf collection system 100-250

Now if you take it out ...clean it up and everything is in great shape tractor running and all implements working the price can go up from 100-300 depending on condition...how soon do you want to sell?

Good Luck

Edited by NutCASE, July 20, 2012 - 10:42 AM.

#4 jwc3232 OFFLINE  

jwc3232
  • Member No: 10402
  • 42 Thanks
  • 54 posts

Posted July 20, 2012 - 10:51 AM

man in canada in canada at those prices it would be gone in a heart beat here we could get 500.00 all day for the tractor alone if it runs and dont smoke jim

#5 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted July 20, 2012 - 10:51 AM

:welcometogttalk: The cover is simply called a cab, I don't know if yours ever had doors but you may want to see if you can find them. I would not say that is a parts tractor. If it was put away running and stored inside it should not be all to hard to get running, as long as it is not infested with mice.

I can't help with the value, but after you find out what you want for it I also suggest you list it here on the site.

#6 HowardsMF155 ONLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted July 20, 2012 - 11:45 AM

These are real nice units. You asked for valuation advice, The assumption is the tractor Runs. It looks clean which will work in your favor. Next you point out that you want to 'sell' it...Please do everyone a service, Get the tractor and 'all implements together and take some good photos...hard to know exactly what you have, and if you're selling it you will eventually have to do it anyway so help everyone.

Values...
Tractor 200
deck 100
plow 50
cab 100-200
leaf collection system 100-250

Now if you take it out ...clean it up and everything is in great shape tractor running and all implements working the price can go up from 100-300 depending on condition...how soon do you want to sell?

Good Luck

First, my sympathies on the passing of your father. I know how difficult it is to clean up the loose ends of his life as well.
My first suggestion would be to see if you or someone you know can spend a bit of time on the tractor and see if it will start with a few simple steps. The battery is probably dead, but you may be able to put in another battery, either permanent or temporary. If your father drained the tank when he stored it, then all you should need to do is add gas. If you can't get it started with a few simple steps, then anyone buying it will have to assume that the engine may be dead. If you can get it running, I'd probably push the tractor price up to around $400. I don't think asking $100 for the plow is out of line.

#7 aureley OFFLINE  

aureley
  • 1 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted July 21, 2012 - 11:54 AM

Thank you all for the helpful information! We have cleared away the junk, found the snowplow and the cab doors, realized that the leaf trailer rotted away long ago, and found the original instruction book and catalog, which are in pristine condition. Next: making sure gas and oil are drained, putting in fresh, putting in new battery, and trying to start it up. I will update you all soon!
  • HowardsMF155 said thank you

#8 bgkid2966 OFFLINE  

bgkid2966

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8254
  • 1,407 Thanks
  • 1,327 posts

Posted July 21, 2012 - 02:25 PM

Sounds like you might have a real goo GT on your hands. I agree about listing it here. When you get it cleaned up more pictures are in order.

Geno

#9 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted July 21, 2012 - 06:35 PM

I am glad to hear you are making headway! That is too bad about the trailer but at least everything else is there! I hope to hear back soon!

#10 aureley OFFLINE  

aureley
  • 1 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted July 21, 2012 - 08:29 PM

Update... looking through the original catalog, the attachments we have for the tractor are the snowcaster/snowblower (not the plow), roller, and lawnsweeper (netting part is what rotted away). We also have something that looks like a sort of second cover for the engine block. Not sure exactly what that is or if it is yet another attachment. I have to pull it out of the back of the garage.

#11 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted July 21, 2012 - 09:55 PM

If somebody really wanted to, they could just make a new net for the sweeper.

If you post a pic or two of the mystery part I am sure somebody will be able to identify it for you.

#12 cp7 OFFLINE  

cp7

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1369
  • 58 Thanks
  • 148 posts

Posted July 21, 2012 - 10:45 PM

The snow blower is pictured in your first pic.
The Case lawn sweeper is unique in that it has two brushes for sweeping the debris. Even with the bag/bin rotted away it's got value. Don't scrap it.
Your cab should also have a rear glass that's not in it in the pics. The extra piece (engine cover) that you've found is probably the fabric that goes over the hood and down around the sides to seal the cab.
You've got a heck of a setup there and if there is any thought that you may ever need to mow or move snow you'd probably be best to keep it. You'll never find a better machine but they just don't really have the following that the other brands do. Don't get me wrong we love them but the general public doesn't have a clue. The Kohler engine should be pretty easy to get running but even with all you got there and the fact that they've thrown you about a thousand dollar value I'd bet you'll be hard pressed to get someone to give $500 for it. You'd be better to sell it as pieces to get the money out of it.
  • aureley said thank you

#13 aureley OFFLINE  

aureley
  • 1 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted July 23, 2012 - 12:43 PM

New Photos! From after we pulled it out of the garage. Haven't cleaned it up yet.

Hi cp7, thank you for the comments. We do indeed have the back window for the cab.

Is the piece that says "shredder bagger" an accessory to the tractor? Anyone recognize it? It's not the mystery piece I referred to but I am not sure what it is.

Attached Thumbnails

• Photo 3.JPG
  • Photo 4.JPG
  • Photo 6.JPG
  • Photo 9.JPG

#14 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted July 23, 2012 - 04:03 PM

That tractor looks like it would clean up very nice! The tractor itself has minimal wear by the looks of it. I dont have a clue what the shredder bagger is but I know somebody will be able to tell you if it goes with the tractor.

#15 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted July 23, 2012 - 04:15 PM

Can't see much in that view, maybe shots from other angles might help Id it. would be another nice addition to your package if it is one of those PTO driven or pull behind chipper/bagger type deals. I noticed you're actually 'workin' on this tractor whether you realized or not.? Careful, it may convince you keep 'er.. ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 222, price, condition