Best Puller

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wh71 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 9513
  • 6 Thanks
  • 32 posts

Posted July 19, 2012 - 09:19 PM

i have wheel horse 6spd and an allis chalmers b110 i am wondering which is the best puller like least expensive, easiest to work on best tranny, torque, best over all. i have a 12hp kohler that will go in which ever one i pick to make a puller so i just want to know which has the best chassis Thanks

#2 Wheel Horse Kid OFFLINE  

Wheel Horse Kid

Certified Wheel Horse Nut

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 10019
  • 213 Thanks
  • 817 posts

Posted July 19, 2012 - 09:24 PM

I would go with the Wheel Horse over the Allis. For one thing, the transmissions in Wheel Horse tractors are very durable. Also, I think parts would be easier to find and less expensive for the Wheel Horse than the Allis. Wheel Horses are very easy to work on.

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,669 Thanks
  • 28,318 posts

Posted July 19, 2012 - 09:38 PM

Only downfall is the Bevel gear Box in the Allis. It's expensive to fix and getting harder to find a good one.

The WH has a more direct power line with just a belt, instead of shaft to BGB, to Belt that the Allis has. I'm not bagging on the A/C, they are nice tractors, just a lot more going on without any benefit on the track.

One more thing, the Kohler should just about Fall into the WH, but the A/C came with a Briggs running off the Flywheel side. You'd need to do some adapters to make it work right.

#4 bigcountry48 OFFLINE  

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 10316
  • 101 Thanks
  • 207 posts

Posted July 20, 2012 - 02:25 PM

For me personally it would be the Allis, in my opinion they have the highest factory power for there weight.

#5 bowtiebutler956 OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10021
  • 659 Thanks
  • 796 posts

Posted July 20, 2012 - 07:49 PM

For me personally it would be the Allis, in my opinion they have the highest factory power for there weight.

While that may be true, he said he will be putting a 12hp Kohler on which ever tractor he uses. I would choose the Wheel horse for sure! Less mods, easier to find parts for, and a very tuff Gt in general. :thumbs: