Bmerf

Patina Farmer / Rust Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9846
  • 1,708 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted October 04, 2012 - 08:34 PM

Kind of what thought, I believe that mine are the optional tires, I have only seen maybe ten of these units in my life (only one in person) the ones I have seen on E-bay/Craig's list all have 29X12X15 rear and 20x8x10 front. My odd tire size makes sense because of the PTO, smaller tire bettter ground contact? What do you think?

#77 Guest_rat88_*

Guest_rat88_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted October 04, 2012 - 08:59 PM

, I wonder if this means a man can put a 15 inch car tire on the back if he wanted to,lol,,

A wide truck tire would fit. Tire and wheel is a different story. The 195 has a 6 lug pattern, not sure what would fit but just a flying guess would be a 3/4 ton wheel. I have never measured the bolt pattern. A 6 or 8" snow tire would not fit the wheel too good. if you could get the bead set, you would loose a few inches in the height.
  • Russ and Bmerf have said thanks

#78 Russ OFFLINE  

Russ

• Member No: 8191
  • 131 Thanks
  • 367 posts

Posted October 04, 2012 - 10:55 PM

Bmerf,, I really not sure on which is better but it seems to me that the smaller tire would be better contact to a point,, But I can't say for sure bout that,,
  • Bmerf said thank you

#79 Bmerf OFFLINE  

Bmerf

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,708 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted October 05, 2012 - 09:41 AM

A wide truck tire would fit. Tire and wheel is a different story. The 195 has a 6 lug pattern, not sure what would fit but just a flying guess would be a 3/4 ton wheel. I have never measured the bolt pattern. A 6 or 8" snow tire would not fit the wheel too good. if you could get the bead set, you would loose a few inches in the height.

Back in the day, I had an old ’78 Chevy Blazer with 6 lug wagon style wheels and I know some of the import trucks also ran 6 lug, but that vehicle is long gone. Wondered if they were the same bolt pattern? If so, would make for a nice upgrade on a pulling type tractor.
  • Russ said thank you

#80 Guest_rat88_*

Guest_rat88_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted October 05, 2012 - 11:07 AM

Looks like the bolt pattern is 6X6.5. That should match chevy,gmc and toyota.
The 195s are too heavy to be competitive in most sanctioned pulls. they weigh around 1200# empty. Throw on a driver and a few hundred pounds of weights and that would put you in the high dollar classes.

The smaller fords with the 5 lug tx (standard GT hubs) can bolt on 5X4.5 ford and jeep wheels.

This thing has( had, it got changed) a hydro out of a JD 116
image.jpg
  • Russ and Bmerf have said thanks

#81 Russ OFFLINE  

Russ

• Member No: 8191
  • 131 Thanks
  • 367 posts

Posted October 06, 2012 - 07:20 AM

I will try some other wheels later just to see for sure what fits my 195, Don't really need to for what I do but just to find out,, Would like to get my hands on some good grip tires for when I get out an its wet,,lol
  • Bmerf said thank you

#82 Bmerf OFFLINE  

Bmerf

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,708 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted October 06, 2012 - 08:19 AM

Let us know what you find out Russ, I was thinking a spare set of wheels with some ags mounted might be just the ticket for plowing. Oh well, that is way the future, still have to find a plow!

BTW, nice buggy :thumbs: rat88.

Edited by Bmerf, October 06, 2012 - 08:20 AM.

• Russ said thank you

#83 Guest_rat88_*

Guest_rat88_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted October 06, 2012 - 09:39 AM

I kept the turf take offs when I bought the aggies for the back. I have been looking for an extra set of wheels for mounting the turfs(but not real hard) . Finding a set of 12" wide wheels is gonna be the hard part. There may be a few sets of old wagon wheel out the somewhere, I have not hit any junk yards yet. After looking on CL a few times, all I have found was $250 each wheels. I dont need the turfs that bad!