#1 LTD OFFLINE  

LTD

Cub Cadet Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5951
  • 1,028 Thanks
  • 1,455 posts

Posted July 18, 2012 - 09:02 PM

....still have to work on some of the mounting though. The front hookup is correct but the back pipe is held on with a rachet strap. But it works for now. Of course I had to try mowing with it. Works dandy;but I got a little close to the pond runoff. Had to get the Speedex to pull it out.
IMG_0779.JPG IMG_0781.JPG IMG_0780.JPG IMG_0785.JPG IMG_0789.JPG IMG_0792.JPG IMG_0791.JPG IMG_0790.JPG IMG_0793.JPG

Edited by LTD, July 18, 2012 - 09:03 PM.

• Gtractor and OldBuzzard have said thanks

#2 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted July 18, 2012 - 09:14 PM

Looking good ! Sure wish I had some of that soup around my ponds...we are all dried up and cracked open around here. Suppose I should be scrapping them out deeper for when the rain does come again.

#3 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,228 Thanks
  • 28,593 posts

Posted July 18, 2012 - 09:31 PM

Glad to hear the mower is working as you expected.

Mud to play in is fun, trying to get unstuck, not so much. At least the Speedex was ready, willing and able.

#4 Wheel Horse Kid OFFLINE  

Wheel Horse Kid

Certified Wheel Horse Nut

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 10019
  • 213 Thanks
  • 817 posts

Posted July 18, 2012 - 09:59 PM

Looks great! Love the duals and the action pictures!

#5 tinner OFFLINE  

tinner

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 961
  • 502 Thanks
  • 1,561 posts

Posted July 18, 2012 - 09:59 PM

That sickle mower has a little red paint on it, sure would look good on my MF14. It's ok to play in the mud now and then.

#6 LTD OFFLINE  

LTD

Cub Cadet Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,028 Thanks
  • 1,455 posts

Posted July 18, 2012 - 10:05 PM

Looking good ! Sure wish I had some of that soup around my ponds...we are all dried up and cracked open around here. Suppose I should be scrapping them out deeper for when the rain does come again.

I heard it was awful dry out there. How is the corn doing with it so dry? I saw on the news they expected the yield was goingto be low.

#7 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted July 19, 2012 - 05:16 AM

Thanks for the pics. Looks like you had fun.
Sickle mowers rock. :rocker2: :rocker2:

#8 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,371 Thanks
  • 39,644 posts

Posted July 19, 2012 - 05:18 AM

Looks like you had a great time. Don't have to worry about getting stuck around here, though!

#9 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted July 19, 2012 - 09:58 AM

I heard it was awful dry out there. How is the corn doing with it so dry? I saw on the news they expected the yield was going to be low.

Corn? Is that what was out there? Even our sunflowers are way down this year. There is a guy about 15 miles north of me that looks like he might have a corn crop this year but even it is way behind. Couple hours north look pretty good. Seems we just have fickle weather patterns this year rain on one side of a road and dry on the other? Everything has been extreme that storm on the 29th was very damaging around here but only 1/2 inch of water for the feilds. By the way they have officially named that storm a Derecho. So how come all these nasty things we get have Spanish names? el Nino kicks our butt in the winter some years and now this Derecho storm created a lot of clean up work. Some of the places knocked down simply can't afford to rebuild the same way they were, the insurance $$ just aren't enough, and the public assistance was gone in less than a week around here for elderly and disabled folks. Some of the churches that weren't leveled are stepping up and helping but funds are tight all around.
  • JDBrian and LTD have said thanks

#10 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted July 19, 2012 - 10:06 AM

Sorry to hear about the extreme weather in Ohio. No matter what you call it it's bad news for everyone. The media is already talking up the increased food prices we will be seeing up here as a result of the low crop yields. We are over 2 weeks now without any rain and none in the forecast. The dry spell extends over a very large area.

#11 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted July 19, 2012 - 10:21 AM

Thanks for the pics! Sickle mowers are one of my favorites!

#12 KC9KAS ONLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,781 Thanks
  • 4,302 posts

Posted July 19, 2012 - 04:49 PM

Nice pictures....I used an agriculture mowing machine for years working for the water/sewer department.
Used to spend just about as much time pulling it out of the water as I did mowing with it!
The lake and lagoon dams all slope towards the water, and when the mower gets full of grass/weeds the weight pulled the right front tractor wheel right in the water.
The Allis Chalmers 6040 was in the waste stabilazation lagoons up to the floor-boards many times......PEEEEE U!!

#13 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,480 Thanks
  • 4,633 posts

Posted July 19, 2012 - 05:34 PM

Those duals will certainly help cure the stability problem when using one of those sickle-mos.

I had to put a wheel weight on the left rear of my G10. That cutter bar hanging WAY out there can make using one real 'exciting' if you are on a slope.

Getting stuck like that is one of the hazards of using sickle-mos. The danged things are just so much fun to use that you end up forgetting where you are at. :D :D :D

#14 LTD OFFLINE  

LTD

Cub Cadet Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,028 Thanks
  • 1,455 posts

Posted July 19, 2012 - 09:26 PM

I used it to mow the pond dike today. The duals really help with stabillity but I need rib front tires because it really pulls the front end downhill.

#15 johnboggs21 OFFLINE  

johnboggs21

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4084
  • 18 Thanks
  • 184 posts

Posted July 19, 2012 - 10:43 PM

looks like she sank right up on ya lol. Id like to have one of those sickle bars for my MF10