3 replies to this topic

#1 bigcountry48 OFFLINE  

bigcountry48
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 10316
  • 101 Thanks
  • 207 posts

Posted July 17, 2012 - 08:15 PM

I wanted to know what the best set up for a pulling gt would be. First off should I use ag or turf tires, second should I use duals or factory, third should I use three riv or turf front tires (or does it matter?) I am pulling with an Allis Chalmers B12, that I am still looking for an engine for if anyone has any leads, and would like to make a semi looking factory puller out of it. Any tips and answers to my questions are appreciated, thanks!

#2 GTTinkerer OFFLINE  

GTTinkerer

GT Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1564
  • 1,152 Thanks
  • 1,326 posts

Posted July 17, 2012 - 09:25 PM

It would be best if you get a set of the rules from the club you are going to pull with. Many will not allow dual tires and depending on the class may have restrictions on the tire tread. IMHO the front tire tread is not as important as the size since small tries help more weight on the rear tires. What engine came out of the B12? I think I still have a decent Briggs and Stratton 12 hp side shaft engine that I would be willing to donate to the cause if you were to pay shipping on it. I can check in the morning to make sure if you are interested.

Bill

#3 bigcountry48 OFFLINE  

bigcountry48
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 10316
  • 101 Thanks
  • 207 posts

Posted July 17, 2012 - 09:45 PM

It was a twelve horse power horizontal shaft, and that would be great (do you have any pics for me to be able to see if it fits?) And I'll check the rules, thanks for the advice!

#4 GTTinkerer OFFLINE  

GTTinkerer

GT Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1564
  • 1,152 Thanks
  • 1,326 posts

Posted July 18, 2012 - 03:26 PM

I hate to tell you this but the 12 hp B&S I have is a vertical shaft and not a horizontal shaft engine I just had it listed wrong on the inventory sheet I keep on parts in the garage. The only horizontal shaft engine in the garage is a 6 hp Tecumseh that came off the Sears Rotospade that I picked up a few weeks ago. It ran when I loaded the Rotospade on the truck but did not start it again before I pulled it off.

If you want it you can have it and I will split the shipping with you. If nothing else it will give you something to use to trade up with.

I apologize for my mistake. I PM'ed this to you also.

Bill