Nice haul. How many of them run?

#32 JOSHESJUNK OFFLINE  

JOSHESJUNK
  • Member No: 10543
  • 16 Thanks
  • 29 posts

Posted July 20, 2012 - 07:01 AM

Nice haul. How many of them run?

they all are free (not stuck) except one the egine was blown and i got it engine for that one disassembled in a 5gal pale....but the other 9 items turn over....and so far i have gotten 2 of them running, that would be the roto-hoe, and the versa-matic.....the versa-matic was the easiest so far to get going.....the roto-hoe faught me for half the day with a gummed up carb.....if i were to have left the carb sit in the cleaner for a couple hours or even over night then it probably wouldnt have been such a pain, but put it all back togeather and it would run but not idle, so i pulled it back off and low and behold theres two little tiny holes in the venturie i missed, so i got the torch tip cleaners out and went to town on them and vala she idles now....im not realy use to small engine stuff, but with the help of reading all of the topics and Q and A's on GT Talk, its amazing what you can pickup....
  • MH81 and Newpaws493 have said thanks

#33 JOSHESJUNK OFFLINE  

JOSHESJUNK
  • 16 Thanks
  • 29 posts

Posted July 30, 2012 - 08:48 AM

well I pulled one of the riders off the trailer this weekend, and well two of the tires are flat and off the bead....besides buying tubes for them, anyone know of any good tricks to air up the tires, i tried putting a strap around the tire to colasp it closer to the rim but that didnt work like i wanted it to....

any advice thanks,

oh and i did get a drive belt for the versa-matic, and i didnt expect it to go that fast in the first notch, let alone in the high notch, i had to jog behind it just to keep up with it.....

#34 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,924 Thanks
  • 17,297 posts

Posted July 30, 2012 - 08:57 AM

Have you heard of this method? I have done it a few times and works great!
Here's a video one of our members posted a while back

#35 JOSHESJUNK OFFLINE  

JOSHESJUNK
  • 16 Thanks
  • 29 posts

Posted July 31, 2012 - 06:31 AM

yeah i have heard of this before, but never tried it till last night, i couldnt get the front tire to seat on the bead so i went on to the back tire, and it worked perfectly, except where the tire had a gaggle of weather checks it blew a hole right through the side wall, but the bead is set..... :firejumper: and not to mention the hair on my right hand has now been trimed back a little now....