• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 JOSHESJUNK OFFLINE  

JOSHESJUNK
  • Member No: 10543
  • 16 Thanks
  • 29 posts

Posted July 17, 2012 - 11:05 AM

I was bumming around on youtube one day and ran across a simplicty vb and I thought wow thats neet, I want one...... and of coarse after looking and looking i came up with nothing, so i started looking on CL and low and behold, they make all kinds of two wheeled tractors. well so my surprise, knowing my luck, i still couldn't find one that i could afford, or one that was at least something that i could repower.....after the wife and i put our garden in, everytime im out there hoeing and on my knees pulling weeds, all i can think of is, it sure would be nice to have a tiller or a cultivator of some kind.....so at the local auction house, i picked up a front tine tiller, with hard solid wheels and didn't run, i got it cheap so i thought its got to be better then hoeing.....well that thing just beat me up like i wouldnt believe....so there i was, hunting for somthing to make this better and then i found it.....on CL, out of the blue, this older Women had list under farm and garden "All for one", so i clicked on the add and the pictures were poor to say the least.....but from the sound of the ad, it was kind of what i was looking for, it said 4 riders, 3 rototillers, 2 pushmowers, and a snow blower, need it gone by this weekend......so i went and looked at the stuff about 2 hour drive, i i couldnt beleive my eyes, what she called a push mower what a Bolens huski versa track..... oh i was grinnin, i think thats why i couldn't talk her down on the price....the photo's are of what i got..... and the one photo of the tag on the versa track, i got the manuel off of here but i cant figure what year it is.... little help there would be great.... thanks...2012-07-14 20.28.12.jpg 2012-07-14 20.28.25.jpg 2012-07-14 20.28.40.jpg
  • antiquetractors said thank you

#2 JOSHESJUNK OFFLINE  

JOSHESJUNK
  • 16 Thanks
  • 29 posts

Posted July 17, 2012 - 11:07 AM

also the rims are about shot from the cloride....... would anyone know where to find some or what would interchange, cause it looks very simular to a moderen johndeere 5 lug????

thanks again

#3 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted July 17, 2012 - 11:37 AM

Looks like you got a great score. There are some really knowledgeable guys on here that can help you get sorted on the year. Would be great if you could get some better pics of everything you got. Welcome to GTtalk.

#4 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,456 Thanks
  • 2,801 posts

Posted July 17, 2012 - 11:45 AM

Welcome to the site and the walk=behind area. You can use just about any 12" rim as the bolt pattern will be the same. You just need to break one down and figure out what the width of the center is. Bolens always seemed to use a wider rim than most tractor of the time.
  • JOSHESJUNK said thank you

#5 JOSHESJUNK OFFLINE  

JOSHESJUNK
  • 16 Thanks
  • 29 posts

Posted July 17, 2012 - 11:53 AM

Looks like you got a great score. There are some really knowledgeable guys on here that can help you get sorted on the year. Would be great if you could get some better pics of everything you got. Welcome to GTtalk.

I will definently try to get some more pictures today when i get home from work..... :thumbs:

Welcome to the site and the walk=behind area. You can use just about any 12" rim as the bolt pattern will be the same. You just need to break one down and figure out what the width of the center is. Bolens always seemed to use a wider rim than most tractor of the time.

??? as in the thickness of the bolt flang??? or the width of where the tire would mount, or the center circle that i think is used for alignment.... i know on bigger tractors they are used for algnment....or are you talking about the offset from center for hub clearance??? sorry to ask so many question..... :bounce:

#6 JOSHESJUNK OFFLINE  

JOSHESJUNK
  • 16 Thanks
  • 29 posts

Posted July 17, 2012 - 11:55 AM

hey thanks for the warm welcome...and its nice to see that there are people that actually hangout on here, i have been on other sites where you just here crickets chirping all night and it makes you wonder.....

#7 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted July 17, 2012 - 01:13 PM

Hey Josh, Welcome to GTtalk, glad you joined us here.

Wow, what great looking Versa Matic you found there. The Bolen's guys will be able to help you with all your questions. Good Luck !! :thumbs:

#8 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted July 17, 2012 - 04:27 PM

Welcome to GTTalk. That's some haul of equipment Josh. I know what you mean about front tine tillers beating up on you. I just got a Troy Bilt rear tine recently at a yard sale. What a difference. Pretty much effortless tilling and they do a better job as well. I'm sure the Bolens folks will enjoy seeing another Versa Matic being saved and used!

#9 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,208 posts

Posted July 17, 2012 - 04:47 PM

Welcome to GTT!

Nice Looking Bolens
Some closer pictures of the tractor would help with figuring out the year.
That mower attachment that is in the front of the tractor looks to be in great condition and those are not easily found. I would love to see some closer pictures of Both the mower and tractor when you get a chance. It also looks like there Is a front push blade for the tractor as well.
  • JOSHESJUNK said thank you

#10 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,213 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted July 17, 2012 - 04:51 PM

Does your Versa-matic have the 4 or 5 inch wide rims?

#11 Bruce Dorsi ONLINE  

Bruce Dorsi

Old, but not dead -- yet!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1525
  • 3,179 Thanks
  • 2,148 posts

Posted July 17, 2012 - 06:34 PM

Welcome to GTT !!

The Bolens 15FC VersaMatic was produced in 1954-55-56-57. ....The -02 suffix suggests it was probably built in 1956 or 1957.

The tractor had a list price of $219 in 1954 & 1955, $234 in 1956, and $239 in 1957.

If the original B&S engine is still on it, the engine can be dated through the model and serial numbers.

There are manuals in the Manuals Forum for your Bolens 15FC tractor & Rotary Mower (Type F414-01 ?).
  • Bolens 1000, wilberj and JOSHESJUNK have said thanks

#12 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted July 17, 2012 - 07:48 PM

:welcometogttalk: Congrats on your score! looks like you've got plenty to work with now, any thoughts on how much you'll keep?

Anyways, dig in and enjoy!

#13 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,458 Thanks
  • 6,627 posts

Posted July 17, 2012 - 09:13 PM

Welcome Joshesjunk to GTtalk , glad you joined , Al

#14 JOSHESJUNK OFFLINE  

JOSHESJUNK
  • 16 Thanks
  • 29 posts

Posted July 18, 2012 - 07:50 AM

the Wife's grandfather is in the hospital, so instead of going out to tinker and get more pictures, i stayed in the house with the little ones and she went to see her grandfather (had a mild heart attack) but i was deffenently thinking about what to do with all of the stuff, the riders will probably get fixed for resale, so the wife doesn't hound me for keeping stuff we don't need....i also have 3 zero turns that i picked up last year.... two of them are a grazer yard harvesters and one is an old 60" yazoo with a 2cyd wisconcin on it..so i don't need the riders.... enless i make trailers for all of them and create a fleet....now theres an idea

#15 JOSHESJUNK OFFLINE  

JOSHESJUNK
  • 16 Thanks
  • 29 posts

Posted July 18, 2012 - 07:43 PM

Does your Versa-matic have the 4 or 5 inch wide rims?

Do you meen where the bars attach to the tractor???? And what are the differences???

Thanks